Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow, I was sleeved on the 14th and it was quite an experience. I don't remember anything about going into surgery itself, but I do remember the discomfort. I was in a lot of pain and nauseated, and I must admit I questioned my decision for a split second. Then came day two and I felt much better. My nurses and docs took great care of me and I was finally able to go home today. I'm still a little sore and I have a little bit of gas, but other than that, I can't complain.

So glad you are doing well! :D

We're "sleeve sisters" - My surgery was Monday also. Surprisingly, I haven't had as much pain as I thought I would. I kept having problems urinating by myself though, so they had to put a Foley catheter back in once and also do an in-and-out straight catheter once. My surgeon prescribed one dose of Flomax to help relax my bladder muscles & I was able to just trickle a little. I really didn't want to stay another night because of cost since I'm self-pay and also since I was really feeling good otherwise. He said it was okay if I left, so I came home around midnight last night. Luckily, I haven't had any trouble urinating since arriving home. My stomach hurts some, but it's more the sore muscles especially after having to get in and out of our flat bed versus a hospital bed.

Sorry you had to deal with nausea & pain, but I'm glad you're feeling better now.

Thanks so much sister. I'm glad you're doing well too.

Hello All, I was sleeved on Monday May 14 had little pain but have alot of gas...Help! Didn't use many pain pills and I thank God for that.

This must be the May 14th thread! I too was sleeved on Monday and feeling a little better everyday. My surgery took over three hours. I have a ton of scar tissue and my surgeon spent an hour finding his way around the tissue before he could even get started with the surgery.

Tuesday was my worst day. Every time I took a sip of anything, I would start vomiting violently but of course there was nothing in there to come up. My daughter and her boyfriend were visiting and I think I scared them a little. Luckily this passed by the next day. I would guess that I only got about 10 ounces in today which is probably double what I took in yesterday. Does this seem normal? I'm trying...

My surgery was good, I am very impressed on my progress thus far, It is very hard to get in alot of liquids. My surgery was 1hour 30mins and I had some scar tissuse also. I am so thankful for not having alot of pain. I just have a tickle in my throat that is driving me crazy so I will see Dr. today. I just want to master how to get all your liquids in.....WHEW! Stay blessed and keep in touch with your progress as I will with you. I will be praying......

I was the 14th too. I haven't needed pain meds really since I've been home but pretty tired. Just glad the vomiting stopped finally. The nurses said not more than 10ml an hr - how on earth are we supposed to get in all the liquids and Proteins at that rate?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I know, I'm trying trying hard to get in liquids but wow so hard. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do it? We just have to keep the faith and prayfully it will start to get better.

Only 2 days after yall... How are you sleeping position-wise? Last night was my 1st night home, slept on my bed sittin at about a 60 degree angle (had to use a step stool to get into bed hehe) and having serious back pain today!! And do yall have gas pain still? My stomach isnt bothering me much, its all gas pains/my back.

Getting in enough fluids is hard for me too. My doc said that I shouldn't worry about it and it will get better. I just get in what I can. I haven't had to throw up since I left the hospital, so I am grateful for that. I am feeling better everyday. I am still tender on my left side, but I guess that is to be expected.

Ladies, I am about a month ahead of you and I can relate. It seems so close but so far away. I felt the same way that you do. I took a small waterbottle and held it to my lips all day and just took little tiny sips all day long in bewtten the "food" that I was allowed. You wont get all your Water in...it is just impossible but after a week or two you will see the huge difference. It wont hurt like it does now and it will get so much easier. I promise you

Another May 14th sleever here, too! I'm feeling great! I think all my surgery gas is gone, but some of the air I swallow during the day can get me for sure. I've walked at the park every day since I got home. I walked one mile today and haven't had a single bit of pain. I don't think I'm over doing it because I'm not hurting and my dr said walk walk walk! So I am!! I haven't felt hungry one time, but I haven't felt really full, either. That sometimes scares me, because I'm afraid that maybe my stomach, will be able to handle more foods after I'm healed, and I won't lose. Lol. The PA said I'm over-thinking things. I hope she's right.

I wish all of us luck as we become, first and foremost, healthy. But with a little side of Hot Mamma!!!

I am happy we are doing well, we just have to keep everyone encouraged. I have been walking but not NO mile, Good for you! I have very little pain from the beginning to now. Thank you God. I felt hungry just alittle, but I dont know what full feel like, I just stop eating when my stomach changes feelings if that makes since.

I don't exactly know what full feels like either. And I do the exact same thing. I really just stop when I don't want to drink anymore broth. I usually try and make 12 oz of broth but usually just eat 8. Except this morning. I did get 12 down. It took a while, but I did it.

All I can say is I hope I'm doing it right. Lol