Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Okie Dokie,

Hubby and I are getting ready to leave town, visit family and such for the next few days. Oh by the way hubby is going with me, however taking him to Mexico is like being married to a stranger. Funny but he does'nt speak spanish, never has and I noticed when I took him to Costa Rica the strangest thing happened, His voice magicly changed, he spoke english with a mexican accent LMAO and I thought for a moment I was married to the "Frito Bandito" or the little Taco Bell Dog!!!!! I told him he could'nt do that this time because it would make me laugh and then I hurt from the surgery!!! LOL He is so damn funny!!

Anyway, thought I would drop a line before I head out. I'll be in touch and will email from Mexico if I get the chance.

My thoughts are will you all!

Just a quick update to all. I've lost 31 lbs.on pre-op diet since July 13th and I'm a "go" for my surgery on Monday the 11th. It's been quite the time, but I'm soooo ready.

Wish me luck---I'll update next week!

Cheryl,

damn thats alot of weight. I havent lost that much weight since I got divorced, that was 185 lbs of dead weight!!!!!!!! LOL the X did think it was funny either!!! lol Good Luck with your surgery!!!

Cheryl,

damn thats alot of weight. I havent lost that much weight since I got divorced, that was 185 lbs of dead weight!!!!!!!! LOL the X did think it was funny either!!! lol Good Luck with your surgery!!!

That was funny Mom of many.

Cheryl, indeed that was a bunch of weight. Did your Dr. put you on the diet all that time?

My surgery is on Wednesday, so please wish me luck. I have prepared a bunch of things that other lapbandsters have suggested such as Curad scar pads, heating pad, chewable gas tablets.

OK, now, ( i know everyone is different ) bu, for those who have had it done; in a scale 1-5, how much pain are you in two-three days after?

I know I am Too anxious.

Good luck to all,

Angie

Cheryl,

That is so AWESOME! You deserve a big hand. :clap2: :clap2: Just think 31lbs gone w/no band. You'll be down before you know it. Good going! The best of luck to you. You'll do great! Keep us posted when you get a chance to let us know how you did. Speedy recovery.

Angie, the best of luck to you as well. Speedy recovery and let us know how you do. ;)

Regards,

Angie,

Yeah, I was on 3 SlimFasts a day and all the veggies I wanted. I cheated some, but not too bad. It's been so long since I lost ANY weight that this seems huge!

Good luck to you too. I'll check in next week!

Good luck to everyone that's to be banded this next week! I'm feeing much better every day.

Avasa, I would say the second day after surgery is the worst. I felt great on the way home from the hospital and the rest of that day, but that was obviously from the morphine. The second day I would rate the pain at about a 5. It's gotten better since then. If you're getting liquid pain killers, see if the pharmacy will flavor them for you because the liquid Hydrocodone was very very unpleasant. The pain may have been less, maybe at a 3 or 4, if I had taken the pain meds more, I just couldn't stand the taste, and it also made me pretty nauseas.

Good thing to have gotten all of your supplies beforehand. I printed off that thread about postop items and took it with me to Wal-Mart. I got almost everything, but the things I didn't... well, that's what I needed most. May I suggest definitely picking up some Benadryl anti-itch cream just in case you have an allergic reaction to the surgical tape like I did. I welted up and it was very itchy. Also, be sure to get Milk of Magnesia. Your GI system is going through enough, it doesn't help to be stopped up!

Good luck everyone!!!

Thanks for all the advice. I will buy the milk of magnesia and the benadryl for sure.

I can do this, yes I can, yes I can. That is all I keep saying to my self!

Take care all,

I'll keep you posted. BTW, be banded at UIC. Anybody else?

Angie

Cheryl we are getting banded the same day. I am kind of nervous. No turnin' back now. I hope the after pain is not too bad. On well worth it from what I have seen/read on these boards. Good luck to you on Monday. I have to be at hospital at 6:50 am. I went to Walmart last night and got things from the list.

The pain is really not that bad.. I am 5 days post op now and I am not in any real pain... To my left of the port is very tender.. maybe that is where the liver is located... And it hurts to bend over to the left a little.. But really guys it itsnt really all that bad.. :rolleyes: anyone else have similiar? different? I really want to know..

Steph

MOM- Good luck, keep us updated!!

Cheryl- WOW!!! That is wonderful!!!

I will keep an eye on the boards- mine is thurs :clap2: :clap2:

Hi there, I'm scheduled for my banding 9-11-06. I just joined the group here today. Please add me to the list of September banders.

The pain is really not that bad.. I am 5 days post op now and I am not in any real pain... To my left of the port is very tender.. maybe that is where the liver is located... And it hurts to bend over to the left a little.. But really guys it itsnt really all that bad.. :rolleyes: anyone else have similiar? different? I really want to know..

Steph

Hi Steph! Yeah, I'm about the same. It hurts just a little if I bend over, but that's just from general soreness. I have noticed that by 6pm of any day, I'm worn out. Getting better though.

Steph, I'm curious about what mods the nutritionist gave you. And yes, I too am a little confused about the "mushes" stage. It looks like we don't get one?? The only thing I can see that we get is that between days 11-21, we can get Soup that has no chunks, low fat, drinkable through a straw. Now, is Day 11 if I stayed on Clear Liquids a full 7 days, or should I adjust that Day 11 to Day 7 since I've moved to the yogurt stage?

I think I'll be ok if I can get to the soup stage. But when I do, can I take a soup like... say, chicken noodle, blend it up in a processor so there are no chunks, and eat it? As a reminder, my doctor was Dr. Ortiz in TJ.

Thanks, everyone!