Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If You Are A Food Addict Please Read This Book!

Just finished reading Beyond the Refrigerator. Thanks so much for recommending it. It's a great book. I'm now reading The Sleeved Life by Pennie Nicola. It's very informative and I would recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm waiting for mine! Should be here Monday

The book is by a woman who has had a VSG. Her name is Linda Ouellette and the book is called. "Beyond the Refridgerator: Navigating Life After Weight Loss Surgery". It is eerily similar to my exact experience that I still deal with on a day to day basis. She is dead on with everything!!!!! She is act ually a Therapist as well and offers wonderful advice!!!! Everyone should have a copy of this book!!!!"

Thank you thank you thank you

For recommending this book !!! It should be MANDATORY for everyone considering works!

It was an amazingly great book! The fact that she had the sleeve and the fact that age is a therapist is freaken awsome!! Such a good quick read!! Thank you

I just ordered it from Amazon. Thanks to the person that found this thread from last year. I was just researching good food addiction books to get my psyche in the right place. I find the closer surgery get the more I am craving.

This book helped me a lot:

Emotional First + Aid by Cynthia Alexander (the bariatric one)

What is Eat it Up about

About Eat It Up! From www.eatitupbook.com

"Eat it Up! is the first book incorporating a whole person, mind/body/spirit approach to prevent weight regain in the months and years following weight loss surgery. Each chapter is devoted to a "Center of Balance," explaining obesity's negative impact on every aspect of a person's life. Eat It Up! offers skills and strategies to overcome difficulties following weight loss surgery, resulting in the reward of lifelong happiness and healthy living, free from weight regain.

Written with humor, compassion and a "firm and fair" approach, Eat it Up! is a must-have for the millions who are obese or overweight. Regaining weight in the months and years following bariatric surgery is a devastating reality — one that can be prevented."

I worked at a bookstore before I became a reading teacher, so I like to comment about where to get a book at a cheap price. I do have Nook, but I still prefer a book that I can't hold in my hands and write notes in.

You can find "Eat it Up" at Abebooks.com for $4.35 (2.30 shipping). When you are finished with the book they will even buy it back from you.

Has anyone used the "Eat it Up" workbook? I was wondering how it is used with the book.

I too read on a Kindle but ordered the workbook in physical form. I haven't used it yet. I am still pre-op so still reading some other literature but I got the workbook for post-op use.

The reason I got the book in the first place is that my former therapist in Atlanta used it and recommended it.

I'd live to hear other people's experience with resources like this.

Ok, I have to read...if not for the name alone....my name is Lisa Ouellette! Sounds like we have similar journeys! Looking for it now!!! Where did you find?

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App