Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Sample Menu

Views
Started by daniellec, Apr 11, 2012 9:53 AM
24 replies to this topic
24 replies to this topic

daniellec

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgeon: John Marsden
  • Surgery Date: Mar 2012
  • Starting Weight: 236
  • Weight Lost: 75
  • Current Weight: 161
  • Goal Weight: 125
  • BMI: 30.4
  • My Blogs
Posted April 11, 2012 - 9:53 AM

I am day 1 of real food !!!! Wondered if someone can give me a sample menu of everyday of what to eat ?!?!
  • TSB likes this

Lissa

Wild N Crazy Sleeve Gal :)

• Surgeon: Patrick Domkowski
  • Surgery Date: Aug 2011
  • Starting Weight: 352
  • Weight Lost: 113
  • Current Weight: 239
  • Goal Weight: 190
  • BMI: 36.3
Posted April 11, 2012 - 12:52 PM

I normally have:

Mini Babybel with meds
Breakfast is either a protein bar or an egg and sausage
Lunch is dense protein (4 oz chicken breast, hamburger patty, a few shrimp, etc)
Dinner these days is often a stir fry of beef and veggies

Water is my number one diet building block these days. I usually drink a bottle while I'm taking my meds, then one when I leave the house to go to work, another bottle at work, one on the way home and at least one more bottle of water after dinner. I use a lot of mio drops in my water as well.

If you're interested, a lot of folks here use My Fitness Pal to log our meals and workouts. I'm Lissa912 on there and would be happy to add you as a friend. MFP allows you to either show or hide your daily meals. I keep mine visible to others because it helps me maintain accountability. It's a great place to get ideas about what to eat.

daniellec

• My Blogs
Posted April 11, 2012 - 1:20 PM

That is great ! Thank you ...I will add you ....if I can figure out how lol

daniellec

• My Blogs
Posted April 11, 2012 - 4:49 PM

Hey Lissa, how do I add a friend on myfitnesspal?

Lissa

Wild N Crazy Sleeve Gal :)

• Surgeon: Patrick Domkowski
  • Starting Weight: 352
  • Weight Lost: 113
  • Current Weight: 239
  • Goal Weight: 190
  • BMI: 36.3
Posted April 11, 2012 - 7:17 PM

It depends on whether you are using the phone or the computer application. On the phone application, go to the friends (bottom of the screen), then click on requests at the top of the screen and type in the name of the person you would like to request. On the computer application, I have no clue, unfortunately. :)

Wheetsin

Token Atheist

• Current Weight: 208 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 175 lbs
  • BMI: 29.8
  • My Blogs
Posted April 11, 2012 - 7:29 PM

I'm still newly post-op but per my surgeon's plan I can eat soft foods. I'm still struggling with basic protein portions so I haven't incorporated many soft foods yet. Here's what I had today:

Breakfast: Nectar protein drink (32gm protein).

Lunch: 3/4 deli slice cheese spread with a toddler spoonful of lowfat sour cream and a black bean soupy mixture I make, rolled up and cut into pieces.

Snack: 2 oz Greek yogurt with SF salted caramel syrup and a few dashes of cinnamon.

Dinner: was still full from snack. I made a batch of quiche lasagna to keep for when I feel like I can manage a soft food. I ate about a spoonful of the egg/ricotta/cheese "batter" and it really stuck with me for a while (easily the densest thing I've eaten in more than 2 weeks).

After dinner: I've made what I call a PBJ protein drink - vanilla protein powder, PB2, SF peanut butter syrup, SH strawberry syrup and soy milk. I still feel stuffed so I may or may not be able to finish it tonight.

daniellec

• My Blogs
Posted April 11, 2012 - 7:57 PM

Thank you ! GREAT suggestions. I want to ry your snack, it sounds great. Where does one find SF syrups ?

Indymom

Bariatric Master

• Surgeon: David Diaz
  • Starting Weight: 263
  • Weight Lost: 93
  • Current Weight: 170
  • Goal Weight: 150
  • BMI: 29.2
Posted April 14, 2012 - 7:18 PM

I think a lot of people order their SF syrups online, but I think they also have them at World Market and might have them other places. I don't use any of them.

My normal meals when I was first released to regular food were usually the following:

breakfast - scrambled egg with cheese, diced canadian bacon, and veggies (usually mushroom/tomato)

lunch - chicken breast, 2% cheese chunks, sometimes yogurt or some veggies (sliced cucumber is always good and doesn't seem to fill my sleeve up too quickly). I also sometimes do leftovers from the prior night's dinner so it could be taco meat with 2% shredded cheese, lowfat sour cream and salsa. Sometimes I splurge and do a few tortilla chips with it.

dinner - whatever I fix for my family, and I just eat the protein part of the dish and try to avoid most of the carbs. We make a lot of chicken recipes, but also pasta/meatballs, steaks on the grill, etc.

AKMama

Expert Member

• Surgery Date: Feb 2012
  • Starting Weight: 268 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 122 lbs
  • Current Weight: 146 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 160 lbs
  • BMI: 23.6
Posted June 26, 2012 - 6:39 PM

Hey Lissa, how do I add a friend on myfitnesspal?

Daniellec
If you go to your home page then click on the top where it says friends it will direct you to a page that says invite friends. Once you click on invite friends you will go to another page were at the top you will see a "find members" button. There you just copy and paste (Lissa912) into the Username box and there you go. Sorry if that sounded confusing. I hope it helps.
By the way Lissa I did invite you as a friend.

ShannonK

• Surgeon: Dean Mcdaniel
  • Surgery Date: Jul 2012
  • Starting Weight: 309
  • Weight Lost: 129
  • Current Weight: 180
  • Goal Weight: 175
  • BMI: 26.6
  • My Blogs
Posted July 10, 2012 - 3:45 PM

I think a lot of people order their SF syrups online, but I think they also have them at World Market and might have them other places. I don't use any of them.

My normal meals when I was first released to regular food were usually the following:

breakfast - scrambled egg with cheese, diced canadian bacon, and veggies (usually mushroom/tomato)

lunch - chicken breast, 2% cheese chunks, sometimes yogurt or some veggies (sliced cucumber is always good and doesn't seem to fill my sleeve up too quickly). I also sometimes do leftovers from the prior night's dinner so it could be taco meat with 2% shredded cheese, lowfat sour cream and salsa. Sometimes I splurge and do a few tortilla chips with it.

dinner - whatever I fix for my family, and I just eat the protein part of the dish and try to avoid most of the carbs. We make a lot of chicken recipes, but also pasta/meatballs, steaks on the grill, etc.

What size are your portions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics