Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

200 Pounds To Lose Is Doable

At my consult my weight was 448lbs. This was a shocker to me but I didn't have a meltdown because I know I'm taking control of my health. I have been very open and honest with friends and family with sharing my weight. First I get the repulsive look and then I get "you don't look that big". I honestly don't know how to respond. So I shrug it off.

I'm trying not to think about weight as one lump sum. I want to break it down in obtainable goals. I did read about a man who lost 100lbs in 4 weeks. Has anyone else achieved this quick success. I'm fearful of sagging skin so my plan is to exercise and moisturize compulsively.

I'm waiting for my paperwork to be submitted to the insurance company and then my approval letter. I hope to be sleeved this month.

Lewanda :)post-58690-13813669264203_thumb.jpg

Lewanda,

I am one year out today and statrted out at 460 highest weight, 450 when I first went to the surgeon for the first time . 410 when I had surgery and today 234 :) I still have 54pd to go and know it will happen. I do have saggy skin but not as bad as I thought. i feel great. you will do wondrful just keep your eye on the prize. A New You.

Denise

When I went to my support group meeting I met a man who started at 500+ pounds and had lost 100 pounds in 7 weeks. He was truly an inspiration. You can do this! We can do this!

It's doable. With my lapband I went from about 390 to about 210. I had just cleared an 18 month stall and was on my way back down again, but found out I was pregnant. I was about 280 after giving birth, dropped down to about 250 a few months later with band complications, back up to about 290 when my band was taken out, and back up to about 345 when I had my sleeve (two weeks ago Tuesday).

My goal will be in the 170 - 185 range which won't be quite 200 lbs, but if I'd regained all the weight I lost with my lapband, it's be over 200 lbs.

Your skin is going to sag. There's really no way around it. I love a quote from my surgeon, "It is a matter fact. If you lose 150 pounds from an elastic organ such as skin, you’re going to have saggy skin."

Lewanda,

I went on my initial consult with a weight of 440. I went into surgery after my pre-op diet with a weight of 423 (give or take per my surgeon). I weighed 416 on my 1 week post op visit. I plan on getting down to 200 pounds. My best friend had VSG 1 year ago, and he went from 438 to 230 in a year! I hear that men losr faater and he has been very dedicated in working out and eating right. I know how you feel with the people who say " you don't look like you weight that much". I just say, " Everybody carries weight differently". And know I surely do, You will do well. Praying for your insurance approval, and safe surgery and speedy recovery!!!!!!

Marla

Thanks everyone! I am going to give it 110%. I've been reading everything today. My kids think I'm obsessed. Naw!!!!

Im loving this thread! Lewanda you are a beautiful girl, and rhis weight loss tool will help you get to where you can be as healthy as you are beautiful! My heaviest was 386, and i was 359 on surgery day. That was a week and a half ago - not going to weigh until my 2 week check up next week. Better thimg await us - and im thankful for this weightloss tool! Good luck!!

When I went to my support group meeting I met a man who started at 500+ pounds and had lost 100 pounds in 7 weeks. He was truly an inspiration. You can do this! We can do this!

Wow 100 lbs in seven weeks that's amazing did he share what he did?

Wow 100 lbs in seven weeks that's amazing did he share what he did?

Not sure. I'll ask him if I see him at this month's support group.

Not sure. I'll ask him if I see him at this month's support group.

Thanks you I really want to do everything right in order to have all the effects from the sleeve

Infrequent weighing (at least before maintenance) is a really good idea, IMO. One of the best. If I could give anyone attempting weightloss 1 piece of advice, it would be to throw the scale away. It's not a good measure of the fat one is losing, anyway, and just sucks people in to an almost bipolar relationship (colloquially). So many people despair, agonize and quit because of the scale, when all it's doing it showing you exactly how the body works. Too few people understand body mechanics, and that weight fluctuation is supposed to happen. And too few people really grasp the fact that "weight" and "fat" are entirely different things.

I was just under 350 on operation day. My first weigh post-op was at my 2 week appt. and I was down about 40 lbs (or whatever my ticker reads, that's when I updated it). I'll find out my new weight around May 29th when I have my 2 month post-op visit. Or maybe about 2 weeks sooner, since I have to go in for labs before that visit. Or maybe sooner, if I have to go to the doctor before then. :)

Im loving this thread! Lewanda you are a beautiful girl, and rhis weight loss tool will help you get to where you can be as healthy as you are beautiful! My heaviest was 386, and i was 359 on surgery day. That was a week and a half ago - not going to weigh until my 2 week check up next week. Better thimg await us - and im thankful for this weightloss tool! Good luck!!

Hi Lewanda, i can't wait to watch your journey unfold. If you're going to give it 110% then you'll rock it!!

It is so funny the comments "you don't look that big". I know people think it's a compliment but it really isn't. I get it all the time, even at doctor's offices when they try to use the "normal" scale (that only goes to 300 pounds). I'll say "that isn't going to work for me" and they look puzzled. I can't WAIT until that is no longer an issue! :)

Lewanda, I lost 53 lbs in 7 weeks when i first had surgery, But remember everyone looses at their own speed, my loss may not be your loss and your loss may not be the next persons loss and so on. . . we are all unique and our bodies do how they were meant to do. . . this is not a cookie cutter surgery. . . then after my first year i lost a total of 150 lbs. I'm out now for 3 years and remain at the same weight, sometimes up a couple of lbs, sometimes down a couple. . .just depends on what i've eatten the night before or if i missed taking my diuretics or not. . . Water weight is a b. . . . ch Good luck you will do great!

Hey Lewanda: I'm also looking forward to following your success! You can definitely lose 200. I've lost 152 in the last year (highest 337, surgery 306, currently 185 and still dropping, albeit slowly!). I'm 6'2", so I'm most likely almost at a stopping point, but this is a great tool. If you're in 110%, you'll definitely achieve better health and longer life!!

Hi I am new here also. I have 200+ to lose. I had a dual surgery, sleeve and gallbladder on May 25. So far it everything has gone really well, with the exception of me being hospitalized for dehyration a few days ago. I can't stress the importance drinking your liquids enough! I can tolerate the liquids Water and milk. I would just forget because i was not hungry. I am doing pretty good. I lost 50 pounds preop and 24 since surgery. The amount I need lose seems so overwhelming. It is good to see that other have/are doing it helps to motivate me.