Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you so much for all the information!

Hi there,

Thank you so much, this info was greatly appreciated. This is my first post. I have found this to be very helpful. Now I just need to get my pic added and the ticker done. I was told last week that they were submitting for insurance approval; also it may take 2-4 weeks. All I have left is EKG and I have had plenty of those. I am just anxious about the pre/post op diet. I truly hope I am put on for a short period of time. My goal is 100-120lbs although I would be ok with 50-70 lbs less. I know VSG is the right choice for me. Thank you again.

Hello. I am having my sleeve surgery Nov. 2nd. in Plano Tx. I can't figure out how to add my weight and height into my profile. Could someone explain that to me please :) Thanks.

Thanks! :)

I've just started this whole process. I've met with dietitian, psychiatrist and support groups. I'm jut wondering about how long does it take to be approved by psychiatrist and surgeon?

If you are going through a Bariatric center, they should be able to tell you time frames. Typically, they are based on what your insurance requires prior to approval. Most are 3-6 months. Good luck!

Heyy!!! VGT :)

If i have all the qualifications and most of the prereqs of the surgery, would they still want you to have the Medical Proof/Documentation that you have tried diets, and excercise before hand. Or will they still approve you without that?

Heyy!!! VGT :)

If i have all the qualifications and most of the prereqs of the surgery, would they still want you to have the Medical Proof/Documentation that you have tried diets, and excercise before hand. Or will they still approve you without that?

Check with your surgeon or insurance company for their requirements. Most insurance companies require a six month physician monitored diet unless thre are other wweight related comorbidities

ok yea they said i would have to do something like that but did not tell me how long

thank you Lilee!

Another thing, would i need all the pre reqs if its just my self paying?

I wouldn't think you'd need anything if you're self pay!

thank you Raven

I have a question. I'm new so I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the incorrect forum/way. When someone sends me a message (it says profile feed at the top) and I reply to them....then I go back later to it..I can't see my whole reply...What do I click on or what do I do so that I can see my whole reply. Basically 2 people asked me the same question, so I wanted to cut and paste my reply so I didn't have to type the whole thing again , but it cut's off my reply after about the 2nd sentence and I can't figure out how to see the rest of it. THANKS! :)

Im on my required 2 week pre-op liquid diet day 6, I'm doing okay getting in plenty of fluids problem is it comoing back about as fast as it goes in, Watery stools started about day 3 and continue is this normal ? Does it get easier Im kinda afraid to leave home because when i gotta go I GOTTA GO!