Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Kansas Medicaid??

Views
Started by vonnjoro, Aug 02, 2006 7:42 PM
2 replies to this topic
2 replies to this topic

vonnjoro

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted August 2, 2006 - 7:42 PM

:) I live in Kansas and want to get Lap band surgery. Some people say Medicaid will not pay for it, but others say yes, they will. Does anyone know of a doctor who takes kansas Medicaid and can do this surgery on me? :) :help:

Wheetsin

Token Atheist

• Surgery Date: Mar 2012
  • Height: 5 feet 10 inches
  • Current Weight: 208 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 175 lbs
  • BMI: 29.8
  • My Blogs
Posted August 3, 2006 - 8:00 AM

On obesityhelp.com there is a listing of doctors by state, and a list for people to record what carrier they had when they were approved. So - should give you something to go by in terms of what KS surgeons accept what insurance. See if you can find it & look through. It'll also tell you whether or not any KS bandsters who have posted their info to the list have Medicaid. Not a definiteive answer, but an OK sampling.

ShayDee

a-MAY-zing bandster

• My Blogs
Posted August 14, 2006 - 11:55 PM

I called Medicaid myself and asked if they paid for weight loss surgeries. They told me they did ( this is Virginia medicaid, btw ) but I had to get a referal from my primary care physician.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics