Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Valentine Day Sleevers

Anyone out there like me, I was sleeved on 2/14 of this year. It was the best gift I have ever gotten.

Anyone out there like me, I was sleeved on 2/14 of this year. It was the best gift I have ever gotten.

I was sleeved on 2/13/12....the first week was misery, with the JP drain, but this last week has been great! I am 100% now, besides a little pain when I overdo things, but I know my limits, and when to take a break!!!! My hardest thing at the moment is getting in my Protein, but I have no appetite for eating. Starting tomorrow I am going to setup a schedule for my meals to go by, and hopefully that will help me get my Protein in! Water is awesome though...I crave it all day and night! I weighed in on 2/15/12 when I was discharged and to date I have lost 30lbs Post Op, 45 ALL together! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

I was sleeved on Valentine's Day and I agree it is the best present ever!

I was also sleeved on Valentine's Day!!

I was also sleeved on Valentine's Day!!

How are you doing?

I was sleeved on Valentine's Day. I'm 5 weeks out now and I've only lost 15 pounds. I wish I was losing quicker.

21 lbs here, but i started at a higher weight then you... surgery date was 311, i find it's slow for me too!!

week 1 = -8.5 lbs

week 2 = -5.5 lbs

week 3 = -0

week 4 = -5 lbs

week 5 = -2 lbs

seems at my weight, the lbs should be dropping more then that, i am eating about 600-700 calories a day now

maybe i just assumed it would be more then that based on other people post, i don't know

21 lbs here, but i started at a higher weight then you... surgery date was 311, i find it's slow for me too!!

week 1 = -8.5 lbs

week 2 = -5.5 lbs

week 3 = -0

week 4 = -5 lbs

week 5 = -2 lbs

seems at my weight, the lbs should be dropping more then that, i am eating about 600-700 calories a day now

maybe i just assumed it would be more then that based on other people post, i don't know

My surgeon just told me last week that I was not eating enough calories and that is why my weight loss is slow. I was eating 700 - 800 a day and he told me to eat at least 1000 calories a day. I'm trying to stick to his 1000 calorie idea and see how I lose.

You have to make sure to eat 5-6 meals a day. MEAL meaning 2 or 3 bites of protien hopefully!

The more "mini meals" you eat the faster your metabolism is going to go.

I'm now trying to gain some weight back so I have 4 meals a day and increase my carb intake.

Keep yourself hydrated. I know it's really difficult but it's so worth the fight! Keep it up!

I eat 6 times a day. Small meals/snacks of course. I've been pretty good about getting my 1000 calories a day and I've lost 5 pounds this week. I've lost 20 pounds since surgery and I'm down 2 sizes in pants. It feels so good to have some success.

I'm struggling with my calorie/protein intake also, and my surgeon has me shooting for 1000 calories a day, though 1200 would be perfect. Using My Fitness Pal has REALLY helped me with my meals, Protein & Water. I plan ahead for lunch at work and at 5 weeks out tomorrow, my sleeve feels completely normal. I'm looking forward to sushi & salad!! I've been taking it slow with my meal progression because this is a lifetime decision and I don't want to throw up or anything that might hurt my sleeve :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

hey how are you all doing??? I'm on myfitnesspal also tracking every single day!!

I've done great! 190lbs GONE! Maintaining very well...actually have lost 5lbs this last week (stress) but I'm done losing, prob need to gain 10lbs!

You've done great!! I'm at a still right now, i'm up and down same 3 lbs every week, however i was loosing an average of 1-2 lbs per month. Today is 18 months and still sitting at the same weight as Jul 14th.

I find i'm struggling a lot since about 1 year out or so. I can eat way more and more often however i still try to make the best choices.

I exercise on a daily basis, anywhere from 45 mins to 1.5 hrs a day. I know if it wasn't for the exercise, i would have prob gained weight again.

Do you track your food? How do you do with maintaining? how many calories, Protein do you have a day? I track everyday in MFP, helps me keep accountable and see if i have all nutrients i need for the day. Most days i have no problem getting over 100 g of Protein.< /p>

Hi I also had my surgery 18 months ago and I haven't lost any weight since November 2012.

Same as you I can eat more. I am wondering If I am just eating too many calories or if my body just for uses to a small amount.

Let me know if you find a way to keep loosing. I am getting desperate.