Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Angry, Depressed, Have Leak, Stent And Pick Line!

Hey Jamie - glad you found the forums! There aren't too many of us who have had leaks on here, outside of who has posted already I can think of peacequeen and tiffykins. I hope they make their way here also and give you some insight. It is rough, don't be afraid to ask about antidepressants if you need them - my doctor was willing to give me a temporary prescription. I tried to do some other things that made me happier, started reading books again, funny ones, no sad ones. And getting in to a routine as much as you can helps too. Are you working while this is going on? If not, even just getting out and meeting friends for a drink (water is everywhere) or walking around Walmart and seeing other people helped me. If your program has a social worker/psychologist, see if you can talk to them or get a referral.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.. My only other question for the people who have had stents is : Did you suffer extremem heartburn all day long. I cant figure out why I am having extreme heartburn. I am not eating anything, I am on a TPN bag with pick line. Cant figure out if the heartburn is from the bag or the stent. The TPN bag is only a 14hr. bag but the heartburn is all day. Any advice on how I can get rid of the heartburn?

You might read through jasleeve's thread in this forum called I definitely regret surgery...so far. It doesn't start with her leak but she talks about the leak alot and your heartburn sounds alot like the problems she had - I believe they told her it was acid.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.. My only other question for the people who have had stents is : Did you suffer extremem heartburn all day long. I cant figure out why I am having extreme heartburn. I am not eating anything, I am on a TPN bag with pick line. Cant figure out if the heartburn is from the bag or the stent. The TPN bag is only a 14hr. bag but the heartburn is all day. Any advice on how I can get rid of the heartburn?

I'm so sorry to hear about your post-op complications! I pray that it heals quickly for you. On the heartburn part of it, I don't know for sure, but I would guess it is acid. Even those of us who do not have leaks and stents have this issue post-op from being sleeved and have to use PPI/acid reducers. I don't know if you are able to take medications with your situation, ask your Dr about getting this prescribed. If you are already on something, you may have to temporarily increase it. Wishing you the best with your recovery, and please continue to come here for support.

my dr told me what it was but explained it like it was no big deal.

Yeah - to him its not! So unfortunate that you had to find out :(

its not heartburn. its the stent pulling. i had thesame issue. it wont go away. may not be as severe after a while but its always there. i used to get trapped gas.. that was painful but it wasnt that pressure/heartburn feeling u feel.

it could also be acid.

Sorry you're going through this. It sounds horrible. I wish you a speedy recovery.

How are you feeling?

So sorry you're going through this. I was sleeved on Aug . 3 and about 1 month later I started getting left shoulder and left side pain. I was also nauseous. My doctor thougt it could be reflux or possible spleen infarct so he put me on PPI. After 2 wks the pain got severe and they diagnosed me with a leak and spleen abcess. The leak was small so the repair surgery failed. I had 2 stents put in in October and was allowed clear fluids only. The stents made me feel like I was having a 24/ 7 stomach virus. They kept them in for close to 10 weeks. I'm feeling better but still suffer from left shoulder and left side pain from time to time. I had a Upper GI in late january which was negative but my CAT still shows some Fluid and air. Hopefully it's just leftover from last time. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery. Big hugs to you.

Update: Well now I have vomiting about 2x daily. I have about 5 more weeks of the stent and now on top of the most severe heartburn you could ever have and nausea, I have vomiting. The doctor pretty much prescribed all the medicine he could find to help me, but those dont work. How do I make it thru this process? How do I make it thru the next 5 weeks. I am having a really hard time. Help me God!

None of the meds helped me either. I know how difficult this is - there aren't any words to truly describe it but just know that once the stent is out you'll feel better. It'll take time to get your strength back but it will come back. Big hug :)

Oh I am praying for you! I hate that you have the vomiting now too!!

Praying for you jcarelle. Did you ask the dr for an anti-depressant. It will help. Please update us often. We are praying for you.

Aw sweetie, I am so sorry for your situation. I haven't been right where you are, but I have been sick unto death before. I had hyperemsis gravidarum and colitis/gasterinteritis when I was expecting my last baby. I threw-up as many as 15 times a day and had to use the potty up to as many also. It lasted for 7 1/2 months (he was pre-mature) and I lost 70#. I laid in the bed and cried and begged God to let me die. That is very sad to say because I had three other small children, but when you are that sick you lose all hope. I know you are weak and scared right now, but just like with me, it will get better for you too. Just keep coming here and asking for help. Folks here really do care and they will always have an encouraging word and prayers to send up for you. Bless your heart! I really do hope it eases up for you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using VST