Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nausea With Vitamins

hi al, i re-read all above and i think i was repetive and made a mess - oops, sorry kathy

Ok, so if I take all my Vitamins at bedtime, would it mess up the absorption of my other bedtime tablet- antidepressants? Geez, who knew simple vitamins could be so confusing...

Ok, so if I take all my Vitamins at bedtime, would it mess up the absorption of my other bedtime tablet- antidepressants? Geez, who knew simple Vitamins could be so confusing...

vitamins shouldn't have any effect on your antidepressant, in fact, a lot of doctors tell people to take antidepressants at bedtime 1, because it can cause upset stomachs, 2. because they can interrupt sleep, 3. You will have the entire night to have it work into your system.

So I haven't been so good at the Vitamins, because they make me feel very sick. Today, I took my chewable Multivitamin without food and had to lay down, and ended up with crushing chest pain. My husband was at the airport leaving the country for work, so I got myself to the ER. I almost pulled over to call 911 for an ambulance. It was that bad. The episode lasted about 45 minutes.

I am allergic to codeine, and that is how my codeine allergy shows itself - with crushing chest pain.

I think I am allergic to something in the Multivitamins, and I will NOT be taking them again. I will take my liquid Vitamins and gummies.< /p>

I spent several hours in the ER today, got a chest x-ray and an EKG and a bunch of blood work. They wanted me to stay overnight as a precaution, but I agreed to go to the cardiologist tomorrow so I am at home.

All the tests came back normal except for a slight irregularity on the EKG, not associated with a heart attack.

So perhaps I will post this separately, but I think I am allergic to the Celebrate Multivitamins.< /p>

Just an update: For the past 5 days, I have been taking my Vitamins at night right before bed and it seems to have helped a lot. The first night I did get a little nauseous, but I've noticed that since surgery if I so much as think about the possibility of throwing up, I get a little queasy. No problems since. Now I don't dread taking them :)

glad its working for you! :)

I am having a very hard time getting any Vitamins or anything down. My body doesn't like the Flinstones chewable. I'm 5 weeks post-op and am beginning to feel the fatigue from not getting enough vitamins or protein.I love the weightloss, but the constant fatigue is getting to me. I am going to GNC this weekend to see what I can find, like liquid vitamins I just keep hoping it's going to get better. I have my f/u appointment with surgeon Monday, so I will ask. I have come to depend on Jamba juice to get some whey Protein down (no seeds).

I am having a very hard time getting any Vitamins or anything down. My body doesn't like the Flinstones chewable. I'm 5 weeks post-op and am beginning to feel the fatigue from not getting enough Vitamins or Protein.I love the weightloss, but the constant fatigue is getting to me. I am going to GNC this weekend to see what I can find, like liquid vitamins I just keep hoping it's going to get better. I have my f/u appointment with surgeon Monday, so I will ask. I have come to depend on Jamba juice to get some whey Protein down (no seeds).

I found the liquid vitamins to be ridiculous. The ones I tried were horrific tasting. I did find gummy vitamins that are very easy to get down and stay down.

I was never able to take Vitamins, Calcium, or Protein Shakes without immediately getting sick. 8 months later, and I still can't so now I take gummy vitamins, chewable chocolate calcium (carbonate unfortunately) or liquid calcium citrate, and I just didn't take any Protein shakes and waited until I was able to get enough protein through food. I also take a Gummy Fiber supplement. I get the vitamins, fiber, and chocolate calcium from costco and I order the liquid calcium online.

I have a similar problem with my Vitamins making me nauseous. I really hate it!! I take Bariatric Advantage chewable vitamins and a B12 sublingual. I can pretty much guarantee I will feel awful when I take them for about 20 minutes. Then I get over it. I am not sure why this happens even after taking them with food. So gee that was helpful, right? I look forward to hearing from others on this one. I am going to try switching to a different one . maybe that will help!

i also take the bariatric chewables - they are really thick - are we talking abut the same? they are a PIA to chew - don't love them either, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right? kathy

The Bariatric Advantage chewable vitamins make me nauseated too. I was taking two in the morning, but switched to one in the morning and one in the evening. Still got nauseated. I've tried eating before taking them to no avail. I think I will try and mix them in my Crystal Light drink or Carnation breakfast drink. If that doesn't help, I guess I will get the Flintstone chewables or gummies.< /p>

Stephers, Try the Centrum chewables. I took them and had no problems with either the taste or reacting to the Iron in them. I'm pretty sensitive to the iron, which makes me nauseous, so that is a big deal for me.

I can't seem to prevent the nausea' date=' even went I take food with them. I drink my Protein shake first. I wait a few minutes and then take my multi-Vitamin, Calcium, and Fiber therapy capsules at the same time. Then I eat a little something just to have real food on my stomach. And I still get a little nausea/sour stomach feeling a few minutes later. It really tempts me to not take my Vitamins, but I know I must. Anybody else have this problem?[/quote']

I have the same problem right now. I talked to my Nut and she said don't take them for about four days and then try again. She said it happens sometimes not to worry.

Lissa, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try them. Anything would be better than feeling like I'm going to hurl. So far it hasn't happened and I'd like to keep it that way. :-)