Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Anyone Unhappy With Their Sleeve?

I'm scheduled for my band to sleeve procedure on March 6th....and am getting nervous. Is anyone out there NOT happy with their decision to get the sleeve? Are there things that I should be thinking about that I have perhaps not thought about yet?

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Yes, I am unhappy with my sleeve. I was sleeved on 2/6 and in the 15 days since surgery, I have spent 9 of them admitted to the hospital (and that is where I am currently). I read this forum left, right, and sideways so I knew all of the potential risks- but like most others I never dreamed the complications would happen to me.

I have 3 small children at home and am a stay at home mom. I have not been able nor had the strength to pick up my kids in 15 days. I have been in constant pain despite following my surgeons eating plan. I can no longer tolerate anything other than Water. Even broth and Jello cause agonizing pain.

I ask myself every day why I've done this. I hope once all of my complications are fixed I will learn to love my sleeve like so many others have. But right now I feel as though I've made the worst decision of my life.

Yes, I am unhappy with my sleeve. I was sleeved on 2/6 and in the 15 days since surgery, I have spent 9 of them admitted to the hospital (and that is where I am currently). I read this forum left, right, and sideways so I knew all of the potential risks- but like most others I never dreamed the complications would happen to me.

I have 3 small children at home and am a stay at home mom. I have not been able nor had the strength to pick up my kids in 15 days. I have been in constant pain despite following my surgeons eating plan. I can no longer tolerate anything other than Water. Even broth and Jello cause agonizing pain.

I ask myself every day why I've done this. I hope once all of my complications are fixed I will learn to love my sleeve like so many others have. But right now I feel as though I've made the worst decision of my life.

hi bedhead, i'm so very sorry you are going through these problems - i had no idea. i dealt with the dehydration in the hospital, and i have been nautious these past few days, but nothing like what you are going through. you feeling sick all this time, not being able to be with your kids as much as you wish. i'm sorry. i hope you have a good support system around you.

for me, its hard to relate to someone elses story - the little/or big problems in your case. I can just say "take care" and tell us/me whats going on.

thinking about you, get better, and just keep on drinking your Water as the dr. says, and hopefully feel better sooner than later.

best wishes from B'ville

Kathy

Cindy, I was a band to sleeve revision, and it is absolutely the best thing to ever happen to me. I love my sleeve every day and have not once regretted it. It is so wonderful not having to worry about fills, unfills, pb'ing, and all the other awful things that went along with having the band. With my sleeve, it just quietly does its thing, and I lose weight.

Bedhead, I am so sorry for the problems you are having. I hope your doctors are able to resolve your issues quickly. *hugs*

Bedhead: I wishing you a quick recovery. Sending lots of healing energy your way so you can go home a love your babies! ;)

Love my sleeve. yes the first few weeks were rough, but i was prepared for that. I look and feel 110% better than i did a few months ago. I went from 164 to 118. Now fitting into a size 2-4. It is a HUGE lifestyle change, but I LOVE MY SLEEVE!

Love my sleeve. yes the first few weeks were rough, but i was prepared for that. I look and feel 110% better than i did a few months ago. I went from 164 to 118. Now fitting into a size 2-4. It is a HUGE lifestyle change, but I LOVE MY SLEEVE!

Did you start at 164? How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

5 foot 1... yes I started with a low bmi.

I was sleeved 2-6 also. Bedhead and I are buddies ;) I sure hope you feel better SOON girly' but NO I do not regret it even this early the first week was kinda rough for me but I have been blessed that I have had not problems drinking or eating from day 1 and I have lost 19 total so far counting my 1 week pre op diet. If this keeps up and I'm sure I will I will be looking and feeling better in no time!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thanks EVERYONE for your comments. I'm getting nervous as my surgery date approaches. It's great to read everyone's comments and experiences. It seems just about everyone who responded is really thrilled with the sleeve. I'm hopeful..........

I also really really hope the best for you Bedhead!

Right after I had my surgery I hated my sleeve. I couldn't eat, drink, or do anything really. It was extremely rough those first 2 weeks or so. I regretted my decision in every way possible. BUT now I am almost 3 months out down almost 50 pounds and I am SO happy. I love the fact that I went thru with this surgery. I eat smaller portions, I make healthier food choices (sometimes not by choice but more by my sleevies choice), and I get in all my fluids and Protein everyday. Having this surgery done is not easy, not at all. I am lucky to be a person who had no complications and no issues other than leaving the hospital too early and readmitting myself for some extra R and R. I hated not being able to clean, cook, and take care of my amazing little girl (2 yrs old) when I was first out of surgery. It was all worth it though. I feel like a healthy person now. I can also do things without feeling like the fattest person there too. Good Luck. Just keep reading reading reading and that way you make an informed decision. This is not the easy way out, that's a for sure. But it is worth the pain and suffering lol.