Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Is Anyone Unhappy With Their Sleeve?

Views
Started by 1cindy2, Feb 21, 2012 11:44 AM
12 replies to this topic
Share this topic with all your friends:

12 replies to this topic

1cindy2

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
Posted February 21, 2012 - 11:44 AM

I'm scheduled for my band to sleeve procedure on March 6th....and am getting nervous. Is anyone out there NOT happy with their decision to get the sleeve? Are there things that I should be thinking about that I have perhaps not thought about yet?

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Bedhead

Junior Guru

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgeon: Howard Simon
  • Surgery Date: Feb 2012
  • Starting Weight: 278 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 62 lbs
  • Current Weight: 216 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 147 lbs
  • BMI: 33.8
Posted February 21, 2012 - 12:01 PM

Yes, I am unhappy with my sleeve. I was sleeved on 2/6 and in the 15 days since surgery, I have spent 9 of them admitted to the hospital (and that is where I am currently). I read this forum left, right, and sideways so I knew all of the potential risks- but like most others I never dreamed the complications would happen to me.

I have 3 small children at home and am a stay at home mom. I have not been able nor had the strength to pick up my kids in 15 days. I have been in constant pain despite following my surgeons eating plan. I can no longer tolerate anything other than water. Even broth and jello cause agonizing pain.

I ask myself every day why I've done this. I hope once all of my complications are fixed I will learn to love my sleeve like so many others have. But right now I feel as though I've made the worst decision of my life.

proudgrammy

sleevehappy

• Surgery Date: Dec 2011
  • Starting Weight: 235 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 105 lbs
  • Current Weight: 130 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 135 lbs
  • BMI: 23
  • My Blogs
Posted February 21, 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yes, I am unhappy with my sleeve. I was sleeved on 2/6 and in the 15 days since surgery, I have spent 9 of them admitted to the hospital (and that is where I am currently). I read this forum left, right, and sideways so I knew all of the potential risks- but like most others I never dreamed the complications would happen to me.

I have 3 small children at home and am a stay at home mom. I have not been able nor had the strength to pick up my kids in 15 days. I have been in constant pain despite following my surgeons eating plan. I can no longer tolerate anything other than water. Even broth and jello cause agonizing pain.

I ask myself every day why I've done this. I hope once all of my complications are fixed I will learn to love my sleeve like so many others have. But right now I feel as though I've made the worst decision of my life.

hi bedhead, i'm so very sorry you are going through these problems - i had no idea. i dealt with the dehydration in the hospital, and i have been nautious these past few days, but nothing like what you are going through. you feeling sick all this time, not being able to be with your kids as much as you wish. i'm sorry. i hope you have a good support system around you.

for me, its hard to relate to someone elses story - the little/or big problems in your case. I can just say "take care" and tell us/me whats going on.

thinking about you, get better, and just keep on drinking your water as the dr. says, and hopefully feel better sooner than later.
best wishes from B'ville

Kathy

*susan*

BariatricPal Administrator

• Surgeon: Alberto Aceves
  • Surgery Date: Apr 2010
  • Starting Weight: 283 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 108 lbs
  • Current Weight: 175 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 150 lbs
  • BMI: 30
  • My Blogs
Posted February 21, 2012 - 12:20 PM

Cindy, I was a band to sleeve revision, and it is absolutely the best thing to ever happen to me. I love my sleeve every day and have not once regretted it. It is so wonderful not having to worry about fills, unfills, pb'ing, and all the other awful things that went along with having the band. With my sleeve, it just quietly does its thing, and I lose weight.

Bedhead, I am so sorry for the problems you are having. I hope your doctors are able to resolve your issues quickly. *hugs*

Ms skinniness

BariatricPal Host

• Surgery Date: Oct 2011
  • Starting Weight: 223 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 81 lbs
  • Current Weight: 142 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 140 lbs
  • BMI: 22.9
  • My Blogs
Posted February 21, 2012 - 1:21 PM

Bedhead: I wishing you a quick recovery. Sending lots of healing energy your way so you can go home a love your babies! ;)

jenni_867

Expert Member

• Surgery Date: Nov 2011
  • Weight Lost: 92 lbs
  • BMI: 20.4
Posted February 21, 2012 - 1:58 PM

Love my sleeve. yes the first few weeks were rough, but i was prepared for that. I look and feel 110% better than i did a few months ago. I went from 164 to 118. Now fitting into a size 2-4. It is a HUGE lifestyle change, but I LOVE MY SLEEVE!

Kiki Von Moonshine

Aspiring Evangelist

• Surgery Date: Jul 2012
Posted February 21, 2012 - 2:14 PM

Love my sleeve. yes the first few weeks were rough, but i was prepared for that. I look and feel 110% better than i did a few months ago. I went from 164 to 118. Now fitting into a size 2-4. It is a HUGE lifestyle change, but I LOVE MY SLEEVE!

Did you start at 164? How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

jenni_867

Expert Member

• Surgery Date: Nov 2011
  • Weight Lost: 92 lbs
  • BMI: 20.4
Posted February 21, 2012 - 11:40 PM

5 foot 1... yes I started with a low bmi.

Sunny123

Posted February 24, 2012 - 4:02 PM

Love my sleeve! I just need to work mine more! Bedhead I sure hope u feel better soon! I think once the drs getbu straightened out you will love yours too!

Capt Derel

Aspiring Evangelist

Posted February 24, 2012 - 4:47 PM

^ agreed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Apr 16
    Angie_Blev

5th day on my liquid diet and I messed up and had mash potatoes .... should I...

Show comments (7)
View All Updates

Topics with No Reply