Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Can Gain Weight With The Sleeve

Mini... I am starting to think that a TT is the ONLY way I will ever get to goal... *sighs* x

I dream of a TT ... but I keep using the money for other things such as Baby Adoptions. Guess the baby was more important! LOL!

As of today's weigh in ... 3 pounds to go. I am doing it!!!!

you go girl..I am going to try and not weigh myself till may 1st. I need to focus on what I put in my mouth! Logged in my food for today. VERY stressful day at work, thought my head would blow off, came home and drink a Protein Shake. Just for today I made it. going to go read and go to bed early, have to at work @ 4am yuck!

I just wanted to pop in and say that Mini Mee and Dee are awesome! Thank you for all your honesty!

This thread has been so helpful to me! I haven't been here for a long time. (My surgery was August 2009.) I have gained weight and I am determined to get back down to a reasonable weight. During my Weight Loss.... I moved. Noone where I lived new me before. When I would see old friends I was told I was too skinny. (imagine that) As time went on, I stopped weighing myself and started making poor choices. I am definately an emotional eater and after a year of total abstinence of cookies....began using them as my quick "grab." I am back on track and I really wish I had kept reading these boards along the way! Thanks again for getting me "back on track!"

Also....if anyone can help me find a forum...for sleevers who have gained weight...I would appreciate it. I am thinking that others that have gained...did what I did and stopped using the message boards as support!

It is helpful for me to read about other people who gained and got back into shape. Thanks

Yep, we can gain weight by eating the wrong foods even in small amounts. I just gained 5 lbs in the past few days. I allowed myself to eat doritos and a 1/2 scoop of ice cream because my head hunger was out of control. I have noticed that I can eat more now and that is really scaring the pants off me. I do keep my diet high Protein. But have gained weight. :( Today is the day that I am going to get back on track. So mad at myself :angry: But I also know that this is just a learning curve. It is important for me to look at all my head hunger and to learn to recognize when my body is thirsty instead of thinking that I'm hungry all the time. :o

So far it's just sugar that seems to be my arch-nemesis. I can eat some sliders and be ok, but if sugar is in the mix, I'm doomed. I allow myself a couple small squares of 86% dark chocolate a day. Really, I couldn't eat more if I tried, it's so potent. Other than that, no added sugar. Hard, but better than bingeing on it and freaking out. Inch by inch, row by row...

Also....if anyone can help me find a forum...for sleevers who have gained weight...I would appreciate it. I am thinking that others that have gained...did what I did and stopped using the message boards as support!

It is helpful for me to read about other people who gained and got back into shape. Thanks

I don't know another forum, but would love to get advice. I keep gaining and losing the same 5-10 pounds. :0(

OK ... Time for honesty .. I have gained 10 pounds from my "preferred" weight. I have gone off plan, eatten Cookies, cakes and all the treats around for the holidays. In my past life, I would have blown this off as "anyone would have gained weight with the holidays". But, the new me needs to be accountable and know that only I choose what I put in my mouth and what happens to my body. I need my Sleever Friends to support me. Keep me accountable. Each Monday I am going to weigh and report my progress. I feel my best around 127 with a bounce of down to 125 to 130. So, my goal is to get back to 127 as soon as I can in a safe and responsible manner. Are you up for supporting me & giving me a kick in the pants if I fall off plan? Thanks in advance guys!

OK ... Time for honesty ... Since the birth of my son on October 11 to now' date=' I have gained 10 pounds from my "preferred" weight. I have gone off plan, eatten Cookies, cakes and all the treats around for the holidays. In my past life, I would have blown this off as "anyone would have gained weight with the holidays". But, the new me needs to be accountable and know that only I choose what I put in my mouth and what happens to my body. I need my Sleever Friends to support me. Keep me accountable. Each Monday I am going to weigh and report my progress. I feel my best around 127 with a bounce of down to 125 to 130. So, my goal is to get back to 127 as soon as I can in a safe and responsible manner. Are you up for supporting me & giving me a kick in the pants if I fall off plan? Thanks in advance guys![/quote']

CALLING ALL VETERANS!!!!!!!!!

Ok ... I read this again and realized I am at the same point as last year. Well, it's 8 pounds, but 135 is not the 127 I want to be at.

What's wrong? Why can't I do this? I hate always thinking of food. Good. Bad. High. Low. The first two years were so easy. I honestly just breezed through it. I do have great restriction, but wine, Cookies, junk food don't provide that. With a busy life, they seem to be in easy reach. What are some good go-to foods that veterans use? I have to get und control before all the Christmas goodies come out of the woodwork.

Please don't be the person to put me down & say, "I wish I was 135 & to be happy where you are.". That may be fine for your body type, but I really liked my 127.

Time for tough talk, beat me up, help me get back on track!!!!!

If I so much smell cookie on your breath I'll whip you with a whole wheat spaghetti noodle missie!!! Fear Me!!! heh heh

Mini... I am with you... I haven't lost a lb in over a year!! I am bouncing up and down the same 3-4lbs! and boy, does it frustrate me... whatever I do, nothing changes what the f******g scales say! I suppose the difference is that I don't know how good goal feels, and I haven't 'gained' but in principal we are close to each other.

Now, that doesn't really help you, but I just needed you to know that you are not on your own.

I get what you say about good restriction, me too. I generally eat 3-4 times a day with no snacking, but over the last 2-3 weeks this has increased and it has to stop! .... I get what you say about 'easy' foods/junk. As a rule I don't let junk food in the house. If I do buy it, then it is in small quantities and I make sure it is eaten - by the kids, hubby and whoever is near - in the next two days. I call this damage limitation. I do have a nibble now and again, but to stop this becoming a habit and part of my life again it is very occasional.

As for Snacks and on the move food, I get Protein bars in bulk from Amazon... they are in my fridge and will do as a substitute if needed or a good snack for work. I also but small packets of Pork rinds and nuts, again, a good snack food that doesn't do too much damage.

One thing that I am out of the habit of is drinking Water... this could be a good avoidance tactic?

If you have any other ideas, let me know... but remember you are not here alone...and I agree, that magic number is important 'cos that is where you 'felt' the best.

I know I am not completely happy with my body and this weight.. there is more of me left to go - my body just seems happy here and I don't like it either!

we just gotta keep on keeping on!

Coops I have a question. What kind of Protein Bars do you eat? How often do you eat them? I know that my Protein bars have around 200 calories and up. I eat Pure Protein Bars that have 20g of protein, 6g fat, total carbs 16g, Fiber 1g, sugars 2g, sugar alcohol 6g. They taste really good and are very filling. What would happen if you cut everything back to Proteins and broths? There has got to be something that will get your body back on track and dropping those extra lbs........

I'm also stuck and am thinking that I need to start working the program and starting from basics again. I need to lower my goal weight to 135lbs. So, I'm back on the boat again.

I am so looking forward to hearing you say you've lost a few lbs finally. That will be a celebration for us........HUGS across the pond! :P