Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Does The Non Stop Burping Stop

I burped a lot with the Band, too, and I'm doing it with the sleeve. Have you ever done one of those weird burp-hiccup things? If you tell me "no," I'm going to go run and hide. Really embarrassing.

I hope it gets better for you sooner rather than later then! I'll be thinking of you! Do you think your doc might have a trick to help with this?

Are you drinking through a straw? That totally helped me not swallow air as much, which reduced the burping. Also, it's gotten much better over time anyhow.

sure do!! lol

I burped a lot with the Band, too, and I'm doing it with the sleeve. Have you ever done one of those weird burp-hiccup things? If you tell me "no," I'm going to go run and hide. Really embarrassing.

he says its a phase that will pass. i either need an off switch for a while or a remote to fast fwd!!! lol

I hope it gets better for you sooner rather than later then! I'll be thinking of you! Do you think your doc might have a trick to help with this?

drinking through a straw helped u? i hear ur not supposed to cuz it makes u swallow more air.

Are you drinking through a straw? That totally helped me not swallow air as much, which reduced the burping. Also, it's gotten much better over time anyhow.

My burping phase has passed, but I think the air has decided to just take the southern route to exit. I would much rather have the burping back.

Jasleeve, I couldn't lay flat to sleep for a few months due to burping and acid. I made sure and took a prilosec before I lay down, then I propped up on a couple of pillows to sleep.< /p>

I have the same problem!! I too get embarassed :(

Sometimes it happens when im getting ready to lie down in bed with hubby, and its not cute!! My hubby understands but I try to keep them quiet, if that makes any sense. Im four weeks out, but ready for this phase to pass!!

mine just come out of no where. i couldnt mask them even if i wanted to :( i hateeeeee it. i pray it goesaway quickly.

I have the same problem!! I too get embarassed :(

Sometimes it happens when im getting ready to lie down in bed with hubby, and its not cute!! My hubby understands but I try to keep them quiet, if that makes any sense. Im four weeks out, but ready for this phase to pass!!

drinking through a straw helped u? i hear ur not supposed to cuz it makes u swallow more air.

I am convinced the straw thing is an old wives' tale, because many people have used straws to get LESS air as they are drinking and it almost always works. When I asked my Nut about using straws, she just looked at me blankly and said it's a personal preference, there is no reason to not use them LOL. I think it's a U.S. thing more maybe? Anyhow, give it a try, it can't hurt more if you're already getting that much air in...

willl do :)

I am convinced the straw thing is an old wives' tale, because many people have used straws to get LESS air as they are drinking and it almost always works. When I asked my Nut about using straws, she just looked at me blankly and said it's a personal preference, there is no reason to not use them LOL. I think it's a U.S. thing more maybe? Anyhow, give it a try, it can't hurt more if you're already getting that much air in...

I am glad I am not the only one that does this. I had surgery seven months ago, and I still burp all the time after a meal. It's frustrating because these burps don't give me any warning, and I have no control over them. I was talking to a co-worker after I ate one time, I opened my mouth to say something and a little belch came out. It is not easy to come up with an explanation of why I just burped in her face. It's embarassing, but I have to agree with everyone. I love the results of my surgery, and if I occasionally have to burp without control, I can live with that. I also have other random digestive noises coming out, and the hiccups. I learned that the hiccups thing is from becoming full. I guess the burping is also a full thing that I do also. My doctor told me to eat 3 meals a day, and eat until I feel full. So I followed his guidelines, and now I burp on pretty much a regular basis after a meal.

I am not glad that anyone else is having problems with burping, yet I am very glad to know it is a common thing!

I burp at the drop of a hat. They can be very loud. I cannot help it. I was walking late at night the evening I came home from surgery and my neighbor came over and I could hear her laughing - and when she got to me she told me even thought she couldn't see me for the bushes and shadows she knew the big hooded shadow was me. She recognized my burping from her earlier visit! She heard it 3 houses down! I was so embarassed but she didn't mind, she just thought it was funny.

I try to stay at just a little less foods (stage three foods) than I think fill me up - it sometimes works. Nothing works with fluids.That is just a burpfest. My sister asked me "you cant out your hand over your mouth?". Yes! But every minute? I just can't keep my hands that free. Plus it isn't healthy to constantly put your face against your palm or hand.

Oh well...Good luck everyone!

I was a champion burper before surgery, now I am a GRAND CHAMPION burper! I have used a straw and not used a straw.. neither makes a difference. I have sipped and I have drank normally, sipping is better.

When I eat too fast the burping is worse and when I eat bread is seems worse. If I don't chew, chew, chew my food like I should it is worse. My hubby farts like most men do... he laughes at me and tells me my burping doesn't bother him so I guess I have to tolerate his farts more than I use to!

My tummy also grumbles and growls alot. It is just part of being sleeved.. I will take that any day over being fatter than I am now. I am only 2 1/2 months out.

Rhonda

how is your burping now? im 7 months out and ive been wondering this same thing... it drives me crazy!! :( but not for nothing but the burping makes me feel better after its done its just the noise and the consitancy is TRULY annoying !!!