Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Popcorn After Gastric Sleeve Surgery....

How long before you guys did popcorn? ??

Popcorn is/was my favorite "snack" and although I know I can't have it tomorrow I kind of feel like it is something to look forward to in the future.

tomorrow i'll be 5 month post op ... and just had some this week ...

You might check with your surgeon on this one, just because the kernel shells can be risky to you - they can get caught in the staple line is what I've been told. I miss popcorn too, it was a favorite of mine as well, but I really try to avoid it, even at 6 months out because I don't like to feed the carb monster. It's not something I can have just a little bit of without wanting more, an it can easily trigger more cravings for more carbs, which totally derails my weight loss. :-(

I have been eating it since 3 months out

I started eating about five months out or so. Just beware! It is a slider food. I can eat lots of it at once and so I really have to be careful. I only allow myself to eat the 100 calorie bags.

I'm not too worried about the carb monster... In the past at least it hasn't been something I've battled. I will wait until I am told it is okay by the nut/dr but man o man, I'm ready!!

My last meal actually consisted of a bottle of moscato and a HUGE bowl of popcorn....

It was a few months out, and I could only eat a few kernels literally LOL, now I can eat a whole lot and it's sooooo yummy :)

Last meal was Moscato and popcorn. DANG - we need to meet. That was my meal one night just last week. Of course I added butter. Love this sleeve and being a goal where I can indulge every now and then.

Yuck...can't stand Moscato. Way too sweet for me. I prefer a Savignon Blanc...mmm....

But, I has no wine in my home right now. :(

However!....I did have the means to make popcorn. Thanks for the inspiration for a bowl of home popped nom.

Last meal was Moscato and popcorn. DANG - we need to meet. That was my meal one night just last week. Of course I added butter. Love this sleeve and being a goal where I can indulge every now and then.

I love popcorn so much I actually used to have a blog called the Popcorn Chronicles lol

It was all about where to go in the area I live for the best popcorn- which microwave brands were the best- which toppings I liked.... It's terrible! I really am willing to bet 15 pounds of me were all popcorn! And honestly- I'd be content to keep those 15 if the rest go! lol

I'm glad I will be able to enjoy popcorn again... I'm so glad I asked this question!

I am only 3 weeks, and popcorn has been on my mind since surgery lol, I feel your pain!!!