Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone gotten pregnant with their tubes tied?

I have been wondering about this. I had my tubes tied 4 years ago (the day after my last child was born). When a person loses weight everything loosens up; your clothes, your shoes, your jewelry. Does knots tied in ones internal organs? It would stand to reason that they would shrink along with everything else. I know for a fact, some doctors will not do a tubal immediately after birth because they say after the swelling from the pregnancy goes down, the knot will be too loose. Long story short, has anyone here gotten pregnant with their tubes tied after having the sleeve?

It would be in mine too! We have four boys ages 4, 5, 9, 10. We have our hands full. If we had any more we would have to buy a bus...and stock in a grocery store ..lol :0)

i had my tubes tied last year, 7 years after my daughter was born, if i get knocked up after my surgery someone will pay, cause i was looking forward to all the hot friskness with the hubs!!

Wow! What a concept! I had a tubal 18 years ago and haven't had a ghost of a worry about pregnancy. Mine were cut, tied and burned. I know, because I was conscious and feeling it all!

My cousin's daughter was telling me recently that the "new" tubal procedure involves adding silicone blocks to the fallopian tubes to make sure an egg can't get through. I'd think that would just create more of a blockage if the tubes shrink around it.

That would be a good question to ask your doctor, though, if you're really concerned about it. :)

OMG i would die if that happened. My kids are 17 and 9 and my soon to be husbands biys are 7 and 13.. WE really dont want any more kids. Dont get me wrong love the kids but just dont want any more. :huh:

FYI, I took a host of questions to my doctor today during my 2 month follow up visit. As for the issue of pregnancy, he said that my (our) risk of becoming pregnant after a tubal is the same as the risk for the general population. WLS and subsequent weight loss are NOT additional risk factors for the tubal to come untied.

Ok That's good to know. My were burned as well, so hopefully I am good. I love my kids, but I am already overbooked with three sets of games, practices, and activities.

My mom had her tubes tied after my brother was born and got preggers with me a year later. How the dr. explained it, is that the tubes are cut then tied/or sutured together. After the pregnancy, mama's body goes through such a healing process that a portion on a tube "heals" itself. I would think that wls surgery shouldn't mess with tube ties.....

OMGOSH! I HOPE NOT LOL! HONEY HUSH LOL!

I know a couple where the hubby had a vasectomy after they had 3 kids, but they had another baby anyway. After the baby was born, mommy had a tubal and daddy had a second vasectomy. Then they had child number 5. So, if God intends you to have children, you will have them, no matter what.

My granny had 10 kids, then the doctor told her she had run out of umbilical cord. I thnk he did a tubal on her even though they weren't common or legal at the time. She didn't have anymore children, even though she wanted more.

I had mine tied, cut and burned when my tubal was done. And the doc shortchanged me on the anesthetic, so I felt it all. If I ever get preggo, I'm going to sue that doc for pain and suffereing TWICE. LOL

I seriously doubt that my tubal will come undone. I definitely do NOT want to start over on raising kids. Mine are 25 and 21. I would be lost with a newborn to care for 24/7. Personally, I'm waiting on grandkids!