Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

Also survived day one of pre op --- amazing how much food was around work yesterday. I am getting so close... surgery a week from today that I am wavering between being excited and terrified!!!

I am home from the hospital today after being sleeved Monday! I was in there for 4 days and 3 nights. I am sore, not able to keep much liquid down yet, but making it. Feeling a little better today though. I hope everyone is doing well with their pre-op/post-op journeys! Good Luck

I've never noticed food so much now that I can't have 99% of it! I'm on day 4 of pre-op diet (shakes and one meal a day). I didn't actually realize how much food is envolved with almost everything...especially during the holidays. I've dropped 7 lbs so far and GAVE AWAY 3 gifts of food/candy at work today (ok, 2 and only 2 small Peanut Butter balls didn't make it, and I felt sooooo guilty for eating that! Ok, back on track) I'm revamping the "Just Say No" campaign to be against bad food :).

Hey guys, was sleeved on Tuesday and was discharged from the hospital today. I am now recovering in a hotel in TJ that is attached to my surgeons clinic. I thought I was doing SO well, until today. The leak test stuff you have to swallow just about killed me, and then getting my drain tub out... god, I thought I was going to faint and vomit at the same time. Not good. I have slept most of the day away and am really, really hoping for a better feeling day tomorrow!

I was sleeved on December 7th with Dr. Kelly in Tijuana. I had a text book surgery that took 35 minutes and did not require a drain. I guess sticking to the pre-op diet so strictly really paid off! I had a lot of CO2 pain when I woke up from surgery and that lasted about 2 days in total. I did have some sore stomach muscles and the occasional middle of the night stomach spasm (which Dr. Kelly assures me is normal). I'm very pleased with my recovery so far.

Anything except warm to hot liquids really bothered my stomach until today. That has made it VERY challenging to get all my fluids in and I'm so bloody bored of strained Soups and Protein Shakes I could scream. My mother indulged me by making french onion Soup for me tonight. I just had broth and onions which I put in the blender on the smoothie setting. I crave onions SOOOOO bad.

Hi everyone! I was sleeved on Wednesday, and the doctor did repair my hiatal hernia. Recovery was wicked. My nurse had to give me every pain killer I had ordered to get it to come down. I finally have it under control and I'm taking my PRN medications like they were scheduled meds. I've been walking and getting myself up to the bathroom. That is SO important. Exercise gets the blood flow moving, bringing nutrient-rich blood to the wounds. Walk and sip!

I haven't had any nausea since the day of surgery. I am having an allergic reaction to something and I'm itching like a mad woman. I get Benedryl and that helps, but makes me drowsy. Going home in a few hours after staying a second night. That was the best decision I've made since getting the sleeve.

I'm on my 2nd postop day and I'm feeling great. Sore, but great! I can't wait for you all to be on the loser's bench with me!

HD

I was very melancholy yesterday. I felt like I was leaving a large part of myself behind, saying goodbye. I know it is an unhealthy part of myself, but it kept me going for decades. I'm going to have to face my internal demons on my own now. It scares me. Still, I'm going forward. I know it is just preop jitters. I will come out of this with a tool to be the person I've longed to be. I'm going to the hospital to free the healthy, thin woman that lives hidden inside me. It will be good to see her again. smile.png

Well put, hunydew. I've been going through a lot of the same feelings. Best of luck with your recovery!

I was sleeved on December 7th with Dr. Kelly in Tijuana. I had a text book surgery that took 35 minutes and did not require a drain. I guess sticking to the pre-op diet so strictly really paid off! I had a lot of CO2 pain when I woke up from surgery and that lasted about 2 days in total. I did have some sore stomach muscles and the occasional middle of the night stomach spasm (which Dr. Kelly assures me is normal). I'm very pleased with my recovery so far.

I'm glad to hear Dr. Kelly's on his game right now. Here's hoping it lasts 'til the 28th!! I hope the rest of your recovery goes this well!

Hey December Diva Sleevers!!! 3 more days and I'm down another 4 pounds on the pre-op diet... I tried to cheat yesterday (some eggs)... UGH!!! I got so sick.. I'm a reformed pre-op diet cheater... How is everyone???

hunydew,

I understand about being melancholy. For me it's like, ok, I want and need to do this, but what then? There's more to it than just losing weight. We have to build new lives without food to fall back on. So now that that is going, what now? I just have to trust that those who have gone though on this website will be there with answers and support. I get sleeved next Monday. Last day of work today!

Hey December Diva Sleevers!!! 3 more days and I'm down another 4 pounds on the pre-op diet... I tried to cheat yesterday (some eggs)... UGH!!! I got so sick.. I'm a reformed pre-op diet cheater... How is everyone???

I had a small cheat with some chex mix that I pulverized into super paste while chewing. I'm on Day 3 and I just couldn't resist sad.png

Great job on down another 4 lbs. I dropped 4 lbs as well so far. Last night was really great actually. It was my youngest son's birthday and we took him to Red Robin. I had the chicken tortilla Soup and asked them to blend it and they happily did it and it was great!

I get sleeved on Monday. I've not followed my pre-op diet as well as I should have. Gotta buckle down this weekend. Have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am which is probably good as I won't sleep all night anyway. Hoping to throw away my insulin pump and my C-Pap soon!

I get sleeved on Monday. I've not followed my pre-op diet as well as I should have. Gotta buckle down this weekend. Have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am which is probably good as I won't sleep all night anyway. Hoping to throw away my insulin pump and my C-Pap soon!

Good luck to you on Monday!! I have my insulin pump sitting in my closet, I only had to use mine during pregnancies, but I hav head these thoughts of , hey could I sell this crap when I don't need it anymore?? I feel differently about the cpap, its a love hate relationship, I hate that I have to use it, but I have used it for so long that I have become kind of ritualistic about it as a cue for sleep and have found it difficult to sleep after it.

Doc told me I won't be on cpap in the hospital because some of the air goes into the stomach and he doesn't like to risk anything adding pressure to the new sleeve, that I can start using it when I get home again after the sleeve has had a couple of days to heal.

Hey Sue, we're SLEEVE SISTERS!!!!! My surgery is Monday at 1:30pm!!!! I'm so nervous.. not about surgery, but that I've forgotten to do something or buy something.. or SOMETHING!!! LOL...

Blessings and a speedy recovery!!!!