Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have A Leak In My Gastric Sleeve!

MeMe- I am glad you are home from your ordeal. I bet after you get over this, you will feel 100% better, and finally start getting to use your sleeve like the rest of us do.

God must think A LOT of you - he has certainly given you some big challenges to overcome.

I wish you the best in your recovery.

Sharon

I am so thankful they found what was wrong. I wish you the best with your recovery. Even though it has been a rough start, I just know there will be a happy ending for you! Keep healing and just know I am praying for you. Hugs!!!

Get better soon!

Well here I am back again - started having shoulder pain last Wednesday, thought maybe it was a tube rubbing my diaphragm. Went and had another leak study and had to lay down as I was a bit light headed - guess what? When I rolled to my left they spotted the leak - it squirted!! So when I stood up for the last one? Turning to my side did nothing to show the leak, I actually had to roll. So now I am NPO nothing by mouth for who knows how long, using the feeding tube with Osmolite or something like that. First night home with it, wish me luck! Ready for bed!!

Prayers your way lady!!!

Wow! You have been through the ringer! I am praying for you right now.

Blessings,

oh my goodness, what are the next steps and how are you now?

Wow what??? How did I miss all this??? :(

I'm praying for you that you get well ASAP!! Hugs my dear... please let us know how you're doing.

I hope you are doing better please let us know how u r and sending u big hugs and smiles.

Wow I hope things look up for your soon! <hugs>

Hi guys. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers! I was admitted this time on Thursday the 10th. Apparently the Fluid crossed over through the diaphragm and is now in my pleura of my left lung. Started having trouble breathing when I woke up Wednesday morning. This leak is a bugger and it is still open as of Monday the 7th. I don't remember what my other post said but I was in the 7-8th also to get me started on Tube Feedings which thankfully are fine and not bothering me. There is talk of a stent in my stomach. There is talk of a lap scope of lung cavity. Day by day. They did just give me something called tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) because the 2 chest tubes weren't doing enough fast enough I guess. I KNOW I will be going home with a PICC line this time for intense antibiotics - I have been assured by the Infectious Disease Doctor who calls himself the exterminator. He explained this is all from micro organisms in my stomach that escaped via the leak. I want to be healthy sometime soon!!

OH Libbe,

My goodness. I promised myself right before and after my surgery I would stay away from the complications board. I am so very sorry you are going through this. It was very difficult for me when last Friday I had my drain removed and I developed an abscess in my tummy area. I ended up in the ER for 10 hours overnight then stayed the night just to have another surgery where they left my cavity open and put in some growth mesh so it could heal from the inside out. I cried, how could this happen? I just wanted to be healthy this was the time I asked myself what have I done....

Hugs and prayers you get better soon. I return to the surgeon on the 28th to check my packing and make next steps.

Please let us know how you are feeling.

Sandy

Omg!! I'm so sorry you've had to go thru this!! I hope this is just a bump in the road and things will turn around quickly for you

*hugs*