Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Boston, Ma Gastric Sleevers Out There?

Surgery went very smooth yesterday. Walking around... Little gas. Just got my tray of Jello and broth. Dr said I should be going home tomorrow if I can tolerate liquids.< /p>

Surgery went very smooth yesterday. Walking around... Little gas. Just got my tray of Jello and broth. Dr said I should be going home tomorrow if I can tolerate liquids.

So how's if going? Hope your feeling well!

Hi Michelle I am moving along as to be expected. The surgery went great with no complications. I am moving around as much as possible but it is very hard to get these liquids in. I'm finding the bigger incision is what's causing me the pain. I also have an allergic reaction to the surgical Band Aids they used so I have pretty pink dots around my incisions.Lol Things are going well and I'm very grateful for everyone support. Pretty soon you'll be on the losing side of the bench to

That's so great to hear your doing so well! Any probs with nausea? So it really is hard with getting the liquids in, wow, does it feel funny or anything at first when you start drinking?

New to the forum. Started my pre-op diet a few days ago. My surgery is scheduled for March 19th at BWH Faulkner with Dr Shikora. A little nervous but mostly pretty excited.

New to the forum. Started my pre-op diet a few days ago. My surgery is scheduled for March 19th at BWH Faulkner with Dr Shikora. A little nervous but mostly pretty excited.

He's great! You will do fine. How are u doing with the preop diet? I'm here if you have any questions

Thanks Pphockeygirl

The diet is going well so far. I'm on day 6 of the pre-opp. Based on what I've read my doctor's pre-opp diet seems a little less restrictive than others. The first couple of days where difficult - it felt like I was detoxing or something. I had headaches, hunger etc. but much better now. How has your experience been?

First couple days/weeks can definately be like that. It's usually breaking the sugar "addiction".

I am from the South Shore area too and I was sleeved on August 15 at the Brigham. I've lost just under 35 lbs so far and feel great. If I can answer any questions for you let me know!

Katie :)

Hi im schedule for may 2 at Brigham wirh Dr tavikolli im a revision from the band will have band out and sleeve in one operation anyone here a revision

Hi. I'm in Carlisle and I'm going to have my surgery at Emerson Hospital in Concord. Dr. Lautz is my surgeon.

Seems there hasn't been any posts in over a year for any Bostonians out there?!?! I'm curious to know who else has been sleeved in MA. I live North of Boston.

Well I used to live in Boston area all around... Brighton, South End, Somerville, Medford and Malden before I moved to a town near Worcester. Somewhat close... I have not been sleeved yet and hoping to hear a date either Nov or Dec. at Umass Memorial. Glad to see local people here!

HI - I'm in Arlington and was sleeved at Lahey Hospital in Burlington. I highly recommend their program, a really great team.