Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long before you stopped losing weight

Don't take or make it so personal buddy. This is a friendly board and comments were general in nature. One of the great allies I have is my personal trainer who helped me lose the 70 lbs prior to surgery.

I am just venting Thomas whats wrong? and I know what this board is exactly! I have been here a while btw. Anyway thank u so much and I am glad with all your success. I have also lost more than 140 pound before my surgery.

I am really confused with ur advice of not taking it too personal and u pointing out that this is a friendly board!!

You come across a little hostile. Many of conversations are generic about our experiences take what you want or not want. Saying believe it or not... Sounds a little hostile like I am personally attacking you which I am not. Let's both just chill out

English is my second language, I wasnt hostile, I was explaining my frustration.

Edit to say: Thats not my real issue here, and please read my posts well, u assumed I am eating some stuff that I am not and I am still asking about STARVATION MODE!! SOME help explain how am I going into starvation mode and every sleever around here is eating 800-900 calories here too and not going into starvation mode, plus it is whats recommended from different surgeons, PLUS I am only 4 month and 11 days out. should I really up my calories?.

Edited by Looou

Looou you did not sound hostile to me. We are not seeing each other face to face and sometimes people misinterpret how we mean things.

I haven't had surgery yet, but wanted to ask if you have considered going to a "bariatric friendly" nutritionist? Since you are only 4 months out and have tried everything on your own, perhaps a professional can guide you through it. Just a thought.

Thank you longer- life, good luck on ur upcoming surgery and to tell you the truth it is the best thing u will ever give urself "just a side advice" I am still grateful for the 47 lbs I lost with the sleeve, and not only that, my life is not anymore about whats my next meal is and food in general. With that said, We are currently here having a month called ramadan which is coming to an end " it is a holly month were we fast till sunset" and after that follows a week of feast , My doctor is not here for this whole vacation, So I think I wont be able to see him except in 2 weeks from now or may be ten days with all the weekends involved:(

I have always loved these boards and I was the one who always love to spread positive thoughts here. But now my body is acting really strange and I really was looking for help:(

about someone telling me I am hostile, I am really astonished, Cause I was just answering to his "GENERA:L" thoughts and advice when he said that I shouldnt expect the surgery to do it all for me although I stated that I am discipline, and also I didnt like it when he said that I can eat my way through surgery, I felt like I was accused of stuff I didnt even do.

I was answering honestly and I received a very harsh response about how these boards is.

I will totally advice him to go back to my posts and topic and see how I respond on here.

I would also advice to not always answer in "General" under specific topic.

to be honest I was hurt.

I could tell you were hurt. I think it was a simple misunderstanding.

Try doing a search for "slow losers" and see what you find. Hopefully your doctor can check your thyroids after Ramadan. I am no expert, of course, but 4 months sounds too soon to stop losing unless you are very close to goal. Be persistent and keep looking for answers. :) Best wishes!

Hi Loou,

Maybe I didn't catch it in your first post, but how long have you been battling with this 3 or so pounds?

My first thought when I was reading your post is that you may need to add some carbs. It is excellent for the Fiber to clean you out and keep your brain sharp. Some people are more sensitive to carbs than others, but it really woudn't hurt to change it up a little. I have a little flax oatmeal and a couple of multi grain crackers or a little organic granola every day. Also, I don't really count calories, but I know I come in at least 900 and sometimes more. It sounds like your body has gotten used to your routine and you need to change it up.

Also, never weigh yourself twice in one day. In fact, you should only weight once a week at the most. Your body can change daily from Water alone - it isn't a true measure of progress. I only weight first thing in the morning, after I go to the bathroom and before I take a shower. That way I know I am consistent.

Hang in there!!

Thank you little longer, I have been reading posts about slow losers since u recommend it and am still searching them:)

Rev me up, I have been bouncing those 3-4 pounds for over a month nowgive or take 40 - 50 days. I wasnt counting carbs before but I started limiting them since the weight loss stoped, I will try adding oatmeal to my Breakfast tomorrow, cause yesterday I added some carbs and I woke up with another pound gained:(

I know u are right about the rapid weighting in, but I am afraid if I let go of the scale for a week I will find myself flying over 10 pounds gain!

I am really sooooooooo down!! I am gaining like crazy:(

I guess I'm just in a place where I'm completely happy with who I am now and who I have become. If I don't lose a single more pound, I can really really say I'm ok with this. I don't care that I still weigh in the 170's or 180's or where ever I am on any particular day. My body might just like it here, and I can tell you, I'm extremely healthy and happy - and when it comes down to it, for me, that is all I have ever wanted.

I will never allow the scale to dictate how I feel about me or how far I've come. I've LOST 150 LBS!!! I'm down almost 85 inches all over my whole body. I no longer suffer from High Blood Pressure or Low Self Esteem.

The scale does not wake me up in the morning, and it does not tuck me into bed at night. It doesn't feed me Soup when I'm sick, it doesn't tell me I look beautiful "just because". It doesn't hold my hand when I'm walking or hold me tight when I'm having a bad day.

The scale is nothing but an inanimate object... so why am I giving it so much credence on how well I'm doing to change my life??? It is SIMPLY a measuring tool, like the way my clothes fit, or the tape measure or whatever. However that sum does not equal all the parts.

Again.. I will NOT ALLOW THE SCALE TO DICTATE HOW I FEEL ABOUT MYSELF!!!

awww, u are a magic girl!! U can totally take me away from all these thoughts by simply picking up on the real problem !!! I WILL WAKE UP with this spirit, I will actually will start practicing right away!!! THANK U my lovely friend XOXO

Btw Loooou you are welcome to express anything you wish here and in any manner, so long as it's not including profanity. This weight loss thing is NOT EASY. You have every right to ask for assistance when something doesn't seem right.

Not everyone loses great with super low carbs. In reality, you should be getting higher fat content when doing super low carbs. Not excessively fat of course, but your body is burning fat for fuel... so you need to feed it. No one ever knows the exact science of every single body. We are like all the stars in the sky, we twinkle like each other, but we are all made differently. You may need to eat more carbohydrates. I find that being someone who is more heightened whereas working out is concerned, I don't do very well on tightly kept carbs. I eat around 60g per day total and my body is very content with that.

Everyone will lose at different paces. Just try to be patient, and as it does sound like you are experiencing a true stall, you only need to shake things up a bit to get the weight to come off again. Hugs my friend, you'll figure it out!!!

Aww again!!

I am really blessed to have found this place and come to know amazing people like urslef and many others here, but seriously I always look to u as my mentor, u have been from the very begining of my process since the band and I am " saving my band over my closet" like u did lol just to remember how far I have come.

I will try to push more carbs ( good carbs) and I seriously am reliefed to hear the word stall! I kept telling myself no it is not a stall, I am done, but to hear it from u now I am convinced! I dont mean to spoil u with words but u truly deserve them!

I will shake things in different ways and I hope to come back to this topic and laugh as I did when I saw my first topics about how horrified I am to begin such amazing journey!!

THANK U THANK U !!! hugs xoxoxoxo

Looou-

I noticed in an earlier post that you mentioned your are in the midst of daily fasting for Ramadan. I am no expert but I think it's entirely possible that getting all 800-900 calories during a short span of time every evening is very likely affecting your weightloss and encouraging your stall. Obviously, the fast is a necessity of your religious life and I wouldn't suggest you change anything, but I think you may see the scale moving a bit more once Ramadan ends and you are able to eat every few hours again.

Best of luck!

Amanda

Amanda, I totally believe you are right, yesterday I kept thinking If I am doing everything right then where is the change and when it really started to happen and u were right it started a week before ramadan, may be that week I was meant to lose but when the fasting got involved I started bouncing up and down.

Also I kept thinking if the 3 meals are better spreaded than just being from 7 Pm till 3 AM I think it would have made a difference, at a normal day I should be eating from 11 am till 11 or may be late at 1 am. So that gives me 12-13 hours to eat, but now I only have 8 hours!!

with the Water involved ( 100 OZ) it is all crashing and I might be coming short of my calories cause sometimes I overestimate what I am eating.

and Also I had to cut down on Snacks, cause there is no time.

I appreciate the time u took to think this!! I will wait after ramadan and see how things are gonna change.

Thank u so much for listening:)