Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

My B12 was low even before the surgery, I take one tab under the tongue 4 times a week to keep my labs looking good. I eat about 6 meals a day... or small meals and Snacks. I keep up on my protein... +65 gms a day most of the time... sometimes more. My energy is pretty good... I do need my sleep... and don't get enough. I take a dance class twice a week, and keep up well among the "young'uns" I teach and have to run around after people at times without problems. Have your blood work done to see where you are... you need to take Calcium too... and Iron if you are pre-menopausal. Try using Fitday.com or Myfitnesspal.com to track your calories and protein.... after doing this for a while... a week or so, check back and I or someone else would be happy to take a look at what your eating and comment on it.

Thanks for advices

I take every day B12 sublingual 100mg, vit D 1000 mg, Centrum advanced, chrome picolate, code oil, probiotic, Vitamin C, Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg and Indole-3-Carbinol (last two aren`t this surgery related)

My blood tests were in normal limits... Last night the scale show me 62 kgs and I was so happy.

I tried to stay off from sweets and unhleathy food. I don`t have too much activity and I need to go to gym... :(

After I lost so much weight I became sure that nothing could bring me kgs back. I was wrong... We need to be careful for the rest of our days. I still think as an obese, 4 years after surgery.

Thank you so much for advices one more time!

So nice to meet people with the same surgery.

PS: I want to become vegetarian soon....

@aoa:

A good vegan/vegetarian way to get your Protein while losing is to choose vegan high-protein, low-carb Pasta. It can be expensive, but it's filling, and there's no way someone who's sleeved will eat more than half a portion anyway. Make a tahini garlic sauce, throw in some black Beans and cooked, slivered carrots and onions, top with chives and you've got a great meal.

sounds good!

Dreamfields Pasta

http://www.dreamfiel...-nutrition.html

1/2 serving is a TON. Tastes like any good pasta. Not TOO expensive.

At many regular grocery stores in the pasta isle.

Dreamfields Carb Facts:

spacer.gif

Nutrition Facts:

Serving Size:2 oz. dry

Calories:190

Total Fat: 1 g

Cholesterol: 0 mg

Sodium:10 mg

Total Carbs: 41 g Digestible Carbs: 5 g

Dietary Fiber: 5 g

Sugars: 1 g

Protein: 7 g

Hi. i was sleeved on October 31st, 2011. I have lost 42 pounds so far, although the scale will go up and down about 3 pounds. I only weight every week or so. My main reason for having the surgery was my diabetes, which was out of control. I haven't had any insulin since the morning after surgery and am just on Metformin oral meds. The surgery accomplished what it was intended. I feel good most of the time. Some depression. I guess it's normal. My issue is seems that all of a sudden I can eat much more than what I could. And I know a lot of what I am eating is not healthly. Have almost gone back to my old 'normal' diet. I am scared my sleeve has already stretched out. Is possible. I was under the impression my surgeon had placed mesh around it for this reason. I know I need to stop the emotional eating. Any one else with these issues as well out there?

Thanks!

Amherst: I was sleeved on Oct 4, 2011 and I am basically at a stand still in my weight loss. Today is a day where I had reverted back to old eating habits. But the day is not done and I will chose to have chicken noodle Soup. I can eat a lot of the sliders food in large quanities now. But I have decided that today is my funeral day for those horrible foods. Yes, I can eat a little more now, but still not a lot. I struggle with fears of gaining the weight back. LOL. So, tomorrow I will eat healthier foods and kick start my weight loss. Last week I was getting in mostly 900 calories and sometimes 1000. I have read a lot about increasing calories to help with weight loss, so this week should of done it. LOL. Hang in there and make a decision to eat healthier, and perhaps splurge every now and then. Let me know how your doing. How many calories do you eat and what kind of foods? What size portions are you eating? ;)

Quick update: I'm 19 months post op today and weighed in at 148 and still at the 1-5 lbs gained. This is with eating whatever and exercising 6 days a week. So I would say so far, so good. I will continue to check in and update my progress.

this thread help me tons to see where i do wrong

I eat haotic and I don`t do any exercise rather than small cleaning duty in the house.

I need to change this style ASAP.

Being here is the first step...

this thread help me tons to see where i do wrong

I eat haotic and I don`t do any exercise rather than small cleaning duty in the house.

I need to change this style ASAP.

Being here is the first step...

This is a great time to make life style changes. A little change can make a big difference in the long run. Coming here has really helped me in so many ways too. Its a remarkable place filled with remarkable people! Someone should make a movie...Oprah where are you!

Sleeve4me, what kind of exercising do u do? You say u eat what u want. Can u elaborate? I am wondering (well, really know) if u think u would maintain w/o exercising.

Sleeve4me, what kind of exercising do u do? You say u eat what u want. Can u elaborate? I am wondering (well, really know) if u think u would maintain w/o exercising.

Hi Nannie! I am going to the gym M-F working out 45 min a day. I told the trainer I wanted to get strong physically and that I didn't want to lose or gain...so I do weights first then cardio. Typically 30 minutes weights first and 15 minutes cardio afterwards. On Saturdays I do outdoor activities. For the most part it's been hiking. This Saturday I will do a 5 mile hike. Summer time it will be the beach for sure (boogie boarding).

I hope I do not offend or make anyone angry with my next comments, please do not judge me, here it goes.

I eat everything. And it's not just Protein, I eat Pasta several times a week, I think I've had it 4x this week (I know, I know, I know). Since hitting goal, I continued to lose and was trying to maintain and added more foods to my diet, and it worked. Here's what I had today...ummmmmm on second thought, I really don't want to go there after all. Let's just say I eat ALL foods and I have for most of my sleeve journey, except initially of course.

I think what's worked for me personally is the sleeve restriction. For example today I was able to eat a lot more than I typically do. Some days 2-4 bites per meal and that's it, It just depends on sleevie.

So again, for me portions have been the #1 key in my sleeve journey.

I eat everything. And it's not just Protein, I eat Pasta several times a week, I think I've had it 4x this week (I know, I know, I know). Since hitting goal, I continued to lose and was trying to maintain and added more foods to my diet, and it worked. Here's what I had today...ummmmmm on second thought, I really don't want to go there after all. Let's just say I eat ALL foods and I have for most of my sleeve journey, except initially of course.

S, I don't think you really have anything to be ashamed of. You're at goal, and everything in moderation IS okay now. The trick is if you notice you're starting to gain, then it's a good idea to eat 95% healthy again. Being at goal that shouldn't need to be more than a few weeks.

Maintenance is not magic! Maintenance is stepping on the scale periodically, continuing with workouts (as you show you're doing, and doing a great job BTW!!!) but letting go of that crazy emotional tie or guilt that food has over us. I don't know what that is, and hey I only know because I get that way too.

But for me, I'm just letting go. Not in a bad way, but just to say as long as I'm not gaining I won't feel guilty. If I am, then it's time to get that few pounds off and once it is, move on!!

One last thing, Pasta is not a bad thing. There is a healthier alternative called Dreamfields. I believe Kim is the one who suggested it before and quite honestly I seriously cannot tell the difference between that and real pasta. In fact I did have some real pasta last weekend and I hated it. It felt so heavy in my stomach and all I wanted was my Dreamfields!! Imagine that... :lol:

...and if you're working out as much as you say you are, you NEED CARBOHYDRATES!!! My goodness... sorry I get so fired up with all the Carb bashing. Don't feel bad, okay dear? You know you rock!!!

*hugs*

yummmmm dreamfields... I made a zucchini/mushroom/dreamfields Pasta bake a couple of days ago... so good! Sort of like lasagna. I have to eat what I like, and most of the time that is perfectly health stuff... once in a while, not so much... but I really depend on restriction too. Sometime I add in more veggies if I feel like I need to eat more and don't have the calories to spare. Im sure many "normal" people do the same. Its all about having the right stuff ready to eat in the house ready to grab. When I go out I rely on restriction only, and its working!

S, I don't think you really have anything to be ashamed of. You're at goal, and everything in moderation IS okay now. The trick is if you notice you're starting to gain, then it's a good idea to eat 95% healthy again. Being at goal that shouldn't need to be more than a few weeks.

Maintenance is not magic! Maintenance is stepping on the scale periodically, continuing with workouts (as you show you're doing, and doing a great job BTW!!!) but letting go of that crazy emotional tie or guilt that food has over us. I don't know what that is, and hey I only know because I get that way too.

But for me, I'm just letting go. Not in a bad way, but just to say as long as I'm not gaining I won't feel guilty. If I am, then it's time to get that few pounds off and once it is, move on!!

One last thing, Pasta is not a bad thing. There is a healthier alternative called Dreamfields. I believe Kim is the one who suggested it before and quite honestly I seriously cannot tell the difference between that and real Pasta. In fact I did have some real pasta last weekend and I hated it. It felt so heavy in my stomach and all I wanted was my Dreamfields!! Imagine that... :lol:

...and if you're working out as much as you say you are, you NEED CARBOHYDRATES!!! My goodness... sorry I get so fired up with all the Carb bashing. Don't feel bad, okay dear? You know you rock!!!

*hugs*

You are 100% correct! I would cut out all bad foods if necessary...I actually remember hitting 148 or 149 (can't remember) and got freaked out and ate 90% good and lost 4-5 lbs. in about 3 days...It's really finding the right balance. Thanks Diva!!!