Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to eat at McDonald's after the sleeve....

WHen I was still on mushies with my AGB I thought the same thing and tried it with a bol from Chipotle. I figured -- if I chew that chicken, cheese and Beans it all gets sort of mushed up, and still tastes good, so this should taste the same, right?

NO

It was nasty. Horrible, in fact. The texture was miserable, and the flavor was -- well let's just say I have no idea how individual things that taste good can combine into something that tastes so bad??

So now we know! lol

Thanks for the warning. hahaha That is funny! :lol:

At McDonald's, I like the Asian chicken salad (Sorry Starygirl, I guess you'll have to wait till you're stateside to try it!). It makes two meals for me.

Lynda

I only have McD's and BK to choose from, and I am not a fan of either. But when needs must, I order a cheeseburger with extra pickles and eat it with only a small part of the top or bottom bun. And usually a fry or six from the hubs. :P But potatoes of any sort are real hard on my usual-sleeve-of-steel, so I take it real easy on the fries or I pay for it. I've never been that into McD and BK, so I am not worried about ending up in some fast-food gutter with my Big Mac in a plain brown bag...

Mmmm... How about the roast beef from Arby's? I think that might remain in my diet... in moderation after the prerequisite time. Or I can just get deli roast beef and use a packet of Arby's sauce. LOL.

I think I love you Tiffykins. :D

I so need to pick your brain.

lol My thoughts EXACTLY!!

The chicken Breast is injected with chicken Flavoring. And the Hambuger meat is loaded with hamburger tasting filler so it is not 100% meat. There are also fillers in Chicken Nuggets. The hamburger filler is sprayed with butane (lighter fluid) to clean it.

Please do not eat mcdonalds. Watch:

food inc.

Tiffykins, I had Moe's while on vacation last week for the first time, and I LOVED it. We do not have them here in Jersey! I so wish we did! I got a quesadilla and just ate the insides after i loaded it up with all the fresh free toppings, half for lunch and half for dinner. The kids even loved it!

To the OP, at McD's I usually have one or two of the kids nuggets, but i'm not ever hungry so I just let the kids eat, and I'l drink my Water. On vacation last week, we stopped there for lunch before hitting the parks, to save some cash, so I got the yogurt parfait, I ate that minus the fruit. the fruit was mushy.

I love the Wendy's half size salads and the chili, that is my go to fast food when I am out and about and need to eat, otherwise, i just have Jerky in the car.

I can honestly sat that I lost 3 pounds on vacation eating a bunch of crap foods, pizza 4 times, hot dogs, McD's, Joe's Crab Shack, Moe's, park food and lots of alcohol. I made a promise to my family that I was going to have fun and not worry about what i was eating, and I didn't. the only problem I had was with ice cream that we had for dinner one night (the kids were really good and they picked that), I dumped on it! After that, I decreased my ice cream servings from 2 scoops to 1! much better!

Oh, and after all that I am only 1 pound away from GOAL!!

I'm 5 months post op and when I got to McDonalds I get a 4 piece McNugget, (I can only eat 3 of them) and about 10 fries (my son eats the rest), 3 apples from the apple dippers and 1/4 of the frozen lemonade. YUMMO!!! Doesn't sound like much but I'm full as a tick! I only do that when I'm splurging or like last week when we were out shopping all day. It sucks because I can't eat salad, lunch meat, fried foods, greasy food, beef or pork so most other options for eating while out are out for me (wait a minute - that's what a paid for! That's a GREAT thing and the reason I've lost 82 pounds!) I haven't tried Burger King or Wendy's. The McDonald's works. And it's cheap. I spend about $4.00 on my meal, and I don't eat 1/2 of it. Not bad at all!

Any Newbies dealing with hardships with Clear Liquids? I am four days post-op and already beyond over sugar free pops, broth and sugar free regular Jello Gelatin. My esophagus feels like it is in fire, and the gas is beyond repairable. I started eating chocolate sugar free pudding, and truthfully half a cup filled me up. I can deal mentally more sufficiently feeling filled. Then hearing my stomach rumble and holding a full coversation with my moms dog who since my wls gas not left my side. I am curious about being able to eat life Cereal with blue diamond almond original milk and equal? I am truly trying to stick to the proposed diet rather then just going on what feels good in comfort eating... Help...

I have to admit I was kind of thrown off when I seen a MCDonalds question from 2011 then read this lol but I felt the same way myself. I was so over the liquids but in the long run it's worth it and you don't want to eat the wrong things and risk getting sick. Just drink plenty of Water and Protein it will pass. I know it seems easier said and done but I was sleeved 8 22 16 and I'm still on mostly liquids. I take it a day at a time. Stay positive and you will have a true testimony for the next person. Keep your head up! :)

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App

I have to admit I was kind of thrown off when I seen a MCDonalds question from 2011 then read this lol but I felt the same way myself. I was so over the liquids but in the long run it's worth it and you don't want to eat the wrong things and risk getting sick. Just drink plenty of Water and Protein it will pass. I know it seems easier said and done but I was sleeved 8 22 16 and I'm still on mostly liquids. I take it a day at a time. Stay positive and you will have a true testimony for the next person. Keep your head up! :)

I was sleeved on 8-23-16. When do you start mushy foods?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm still mostly on liquids my stomach isn't taking puree foods too well but according to ny booklet that I received from the Bariatric Center post op days 7-13 can have egg , low fat refried Beans or pureed drans then week 3 through 7 soft diet stage like 3oz ground beef or 3 oz grilled salmon