Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling with those last few lbs.

I want to lose 10 to 20 more lbs. I started my dread stall at 5 months out. I keep bouncing right around 160. I admit I look good at this weight compared to what I was but yes, I want to lose just a little bit more...my fat is basically just below the girls through the belly. Everywhere else I am skinny enough which is why I think a few more would be good. At my 6 month appt, they were saying another 20 lbs would put at the ideal weight. We are in the process of moving and I have been trying to walk at least twice a day-a mile each time even with the temps in the upper 90s.

We can do it! Thanks for all the support.

Oh how I can relate.... I feel like my body is tired of losing. Now granted I do work out and I track my daily food intake. Not sure where my issue lies. I had a visit with my surgeon last week and according to their standards I have lost 65% EWL. Plus they are saying that my "Ideal" weight is 122.4 pounds. I believe my "Ideal" weight is 135 pounds. I have weighed that in the past. Like about 15 years ago. I felt wonderful at that weight. I think 122 pounds is too skinny for my frame. My exercise is zumba twice a week and I walk 2-3 miles twice a week and I incorperate kettlebell workout on the days I walk. I see inches coming off but the pounds are being downright stubborn and will not move. If they do its like one off two on two off one on. I just don't get it. I stall almost every 2-3 weeks for 2-3 weeks at a time. Seriously? WTH!!! I haven't eaten any so called junk. I don't eat white carbs. So what is the deal? I just don't get it? I wish my body could "talk" to me and tell me what it needs more of or less of. LOL..... :) Any suggestions are sooooo welcomed!!!!!!

Deb

Be sure to eat a HUGE variety of foods. Your body gets used to the same old thing. I can get in a rut of eating the same thing every day because it's convenient, but I know the weight will continue to come off if I consistantly introduce new food items.

Yep, this is what I am facing! I am in a stall now and with Thanksgiving this week, I am very nervous. I even went to workout for two hours today, but then it made me want to eat like crazy! Ahhh! I only ate Protein, but still it was annoying. I am planning to give low carbing a try again. That is the only thing that broke the big stall I had when I was close to One-derland. These last few pounds can be very tricky to lose!

Hi guys! I too went into maintenance at 6.5 months and have stayed at 158 lb. pre op I was 230 day of surgery 208. I too stopped tracking down my food and got into snacking all day. Today is my 1 year surgiversary and I'm happy I finally joined this forum after reading it for the past year.

I started tracking down my food in myfitnesspal and I feel the change and cravings to snack gone away. I'm back to my 3 small meals and only Water and herbal tea. I need to reach my goal of 135-140 I'm 5"7

I just want to encourage you guys to keep going on we have gone to far to not reach our goals fast! Let the motivation take over!

Hi ' date='

I am 13 months since surgery and everything went well for me. I lost weight for the first 7 months. Nothing since. I have another 14 lbs to lose to get my BMI into the normal weight range, but I would like to lose even more and get down a further 10 lbs or so.

I did not deliberately go into maintenance but it appears that is where I am.

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there struggling to lose those last few lbs?

Also wondering if I can resume losing after such a long stall?

Would welcome any comments, advice or support to get me back on tract.

Bookleen[/quote']

helll ya i'm having a hard time...

I'm 8 mos post. The last few months (3) I've "only" lost 2 lbs ea. It has been SO difficult!! I exercise an hour a day about 6 days a week. My calories are under 1000. Usually between 800-900. This is so difficult. I wish I could workout harder not longer but, bad knees and bad back makes it difficult. I guess I will have to start working out 2 hours a day. I don't think I can eat any less than I am. I rarely get under 70 grams of Protein. Everything else is veggies & fruits. I'm ready to get to goal already!!!

Omg I'm in the same boat. Been bouncing around 160 since July and I have about 10-15 lbs to go. I eat tons of Protein but I do still eat 3 meals and then 2-3 Snacks like I did in the beginning. Should I cut out the snacks??? I thought we were supposed to eat 5-6 times a day??

I am losing my motivation, everything has been going so well, now at 22lbs to goal I am really acting irresponsibly, either I forget to eat for almost the whole day or I eat too much. Maybe just saying it out loud will help

I want to lose 10 to 20 more lbs. I started my dread stall at 5 months out. I keep bouncing right around 160. I admit I look good at this weight compared to what I was but yes' date=' I want to lose just a little bit more...my fat is basically just below the girls through the belly. Everywhere else I am skinny enough which is why I think a few more would be good. At my 6 month appt, they were saying another 20 lbs would put at the ideal weight. We are in the process of moving and I have been trying to walk at least twice a day-a mile each time even with the temps in the upper 90s.

We can do it! Thanks for all the support.[/quote']

Just wondering how everyone was doing and WHAT they did I anything to break their stalls? I'm 5'7 and have been stuck btwn 163 and 165 for four weeks. So frustrating. Anyone try anything that worked? Tips?

Try doing some resistance or weight training. The more muscle you build up the more calories you burn when not active. Also, if you have been working out your body gets use to the same workout day after day so make sure you are changing that up too. The lower I get in body weight the less calories burned doing the same workout. During my weight loss I usually burned the same amount of calories that I ate during the day - 600 calories eaten, 600 calories burned.

I think that you should have to take low fat and carbs in your diet. Also try to drink green tea to boost your metabolism and also helps you to burn extra body fat. But with all your diet, don't forget to take exercise. Best of luck.

I'm less then 20 pounds from goal. To kick things up a notch I decided to stick to Protein and produce. I'm doing the Atkins Phase I "diet", and limiting my net carbs to 20. This is Day 3. I had been eating too many carbs, and too many calories. It was slowing my progress. My surgery was on August 1st 2013, and I was hoping to be at goal at 6 months out. Looks like that's not going to happen, but I need to spark that fire again. Hopefully this will give me the boost I need.

I have approximately 15 lbs left to lose and the munchies (nutella and peanut butter). I also have a few home improvement projects going on here which make me anxious and want to snack (emotional eater). Kinda of tired of the same Snacks. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!! :)

I am totally having a hard time too. 1 yr post op and feel so bummed about it