Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling with those last few lbs.

Hi ,

I am 13 months since surgery and everything went well for me. I lost weight for the first 7 months. Nothing since. I have another 14 lbs to lose to get my BMI into the normal weight range, but I would like to lose even more and get down a further 10 lbs or so.

I did not deliberately go into maintenance but it appears that is where I am.

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there struggling to lose those last few lbs?

Also wondering if I can resume losing after such a long stall?

Would welcome any comments, advice or support to get me back on tract.

Bookleen

Right there with ya! I lost until about the end of September, so roughly 8 months... and not since then. It's my own fault... I HAVE to keep the carbs way down, like below 40 grams, in order to lose, and it is SO HARD this far out, especially when the weight comes off slower anyway, and I get sooo bored with Protein, Protein, protein. I'm maintaining great, but I still have 12-14 lbs to get to my original goal (depending on the day) and I'd like to see if I could to another 12 past that.

As the weather's gotten hotter, it's so, so so much easier for me to do, and I also get a lot more active, so I expect to at least get down to my original goal within the next couple of months. We can do this!

I'm in the same boat, I want to lose 10 lbs but I keep snacking (nothing too unhealthy or fattening but snacking is a no-no). I'm 10 1/2 months out and I really want to get to goal!!!!!!! So today I'm starting again!

Girls, we can do this! I'm so glad to have a couple other people who are in the same place as I am.

I agree about the snacking, it can be a huge problem, even if it's healthy stuff. Personally, I do SO much better if I track my food (I like myfitnesspal.com) but that also can be an enormous PITA, especially on busy days.

Staying accountable, here's something from last night: I'm sure I got in 900-1000 calories, and very few carbs, which is fine with me, there are days when I might have 700 and other days when it might be 1200 (when I'm being "good"). But last night after dinner I had one Edy's fruit Bar popsicle -- sugar-free, 25 calories, and SOOO delicious, it's like a smoothie on a stick. Not a problem, right? But, I also had a box of Pure Protein bars sitting on the shelf, and my mind would NOT forget about them. So, what the heck they're only 2 net carbs, right? So, since it sounded good I had one. That's TWO HUNDRED calories, and damn the carbs. Then, I had another damn popsicle! So, after dinner I wound up adding an extra 250 calories to my daily total!!

If I were still heavier and just counting carbs, that wouldn't be a big deal at all, but now, this close to goal, that's just sabotaging what had, up til that point, been a very successful day. *sigh*

Sooooo, for me, I think I need to try and get back into the habit of tracking my daily intake so I stay mindful of what I'm doing. That's probably been the biggest hurdle for me through this whole thing... just eating without really thinking about it. Gotta re-train the brain!!

I've got more then just the last few pounds but I only have 19 to go and I already feel my body slowing down! I too believe that tracking is going to be Key at least for me and making myself really hit the gym hard with cardio!!! Good Luck Ladies!

ugh me too!!!! :P I would LOVE to lose about 30 more but 10-15 would be good too!!! But at last to no avail. . . . sigh. . . well maybe if i stepped up the exercise a bit. . . and stopped snacking. . . and stopped eating. . . and stopped stopped stopped. . . dont we sound like how we did before the surgery?????? ugh!!!! at least we're not as big as we all were before huh? Listen to us. . . only 19 lbs, only 10 lbs. . . . wow we've done so well gals! we've come a long way. . . CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! You worked hard and have done so well!!!! Keep up the great work! Together we can do this!!! :D

Right there with ya! I lost until about the end of September, so roughly 8 months... and not since then. It's my own fault... I HAVE to keep the carbs way down, like below 40 grams, in order to lose, and it is SO HARD this far out, especially when the weight comes off slower anyway, and I get sooo bored with Protein, Protein, protein. I'm maintaining great, but I still have 12-14 lbs to get to my original goal (depending on the day) and I'd like to see if I could to another 12 past that.

As the weather's gotten hotter, it's so, so so much easier for me to do, and I also get a lot more active, so I expect to at least get down to my original goal within the next couple of months. We can do this!

Hi Stacy160

Great to hear from you. We have approx the same amount to lose.

Yes, I agree we have a better chance in the Summer. Let's use that chance. I fear that if I don't lose some more this Summer I never will.

Yes, we can!

Yes. we can!

Yes, we will!

I'm in the same boat, I want to lose 10 lbs but I keep snacking (nothing too unhealthy or fattening but snacking is a no-no). I'm 10 1/2 months out and I really want to get to goal!!!!!!! So today I'm starting again!

Hi Chilo,

You are starting again?

Well maybe some of your enthusiasm will spill out onto us!

I am trying to get started too, but finding loads of excuses.

Maybe, this little group could stay together and cheer each other across the finish line.

Hi Chilo,

You are starting again?

Well maybe some of your enthusiasm will spill out onto us!

I am trying to get started too, but finding loads of excuses.

Maybe, this little group could stay together and cheer each other across the finish line.

Bookleen: today I feel like a total failure to be quite honest. , but tommorrow is another day and we should support each other in this last bit of our journey. I'm angry with myself, because sometimes when I read posts of other people getting to goal or even below goal I get really really angry, I shouldn't though, cause it's all my fault :(

I've got more then just the last few pounds but I only have 19 to go and I already feel my body slowing down! I too believe that tracking is going to be Key at least for me and making myself really hit the gym hard with cardio!!! Good Luck Ladies!

Hi Dawn,

You have 19 lbs to go. This is the place for you - less than 25 lbs!

Good luck to you with your tracking and gym.

I don't mind tracking but don't fancy the gym much

Bookleen: today I feel like a total failure to be quite honest. , but tommorrow is another day and we should support each other in this last bit of our journey. I'm angry with myself, because sometimes when I read posts of other people getting to goal or even below goal I get really really angry, I shouldn't though, cause it's all my fault :(

Yes, I'm game to stay with this until we hit goal.

I am not too good at typing and do it with 2 fingers.

Still, I believe that those who stay with the boards do better, so I am back here to stay until goal.

I am feeling good now because it is Friday evening and i am having my first of 2 glasses of wine

ugh me too!!!! :P I would LOVE to lose about 30 more but 10-15 would be good too!!! But at last to no avail. . . . sigh. . . well maybe if i stepped up the exercise a bit. . . and stopped snacking. . . and stopped eating. . . and stopped stopped stopped. . . dont we sound like how we did before the surgery?????? ugh!!!! at least we're not as big as we all were before huh? Listen to us. . . only 19 lbs, only 10 lbs. . . . wow we've done so well gals! we've come a long way. . . CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! You worked hard and have done so well!!!! Keep up the great work! Together we can do this!!! :D

Hi thinoneday,

Welcome on board.

Hopefully we all be thin one day

Littlemissdiva has started a new group called "The final stretch" under the group section.

This group is especially for those with approx 30 lbs to lose.

Come and join us there.

Lets help one another cross that finish line.

Bookleen

Littlemissdiva has started a new group called "The final stretch" under the group section.

This group is especially for those with approx 30 lbs to lose.

Come and join us there.

Lets help one another cross that finish line.

Bookleen

I tried to join the group but for some reason I can't??