Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My date has not been confirmed yet' date=' SkinnyMinnie2Be ( love that name!) It might change due to what is happening at that time with surgical bookings ( not Maliks), availability of beds etc in the hospital. But I do know he has a couple of patients booked in October. He is only allowed to do 2 a month ( as there are other surgeons in town who also do these). The hospital restricts how many can be done. But I would say things are looking good! :)[/quote']

Hi Marcy! I'm also a nurse and have heard from an inside source that dr amsen, Malik and dr t have all applied for more OR time..I was told that by the end of aug I will have a definate date :) have u started going to support groups? I just started last week and love them!

Hi SM2B! We should talk! Yes, they have all been asking for more OR time and it is a huge political pot right now. They have been speaking to the provinicial government about a proper Bariatric program for BC. But it is still a long way off. If you want to talk privately, it might be better than in this forum. My email is marcy@shaw.ca

I highly recommend the doctors in Richmond BC.

http://www.westcoastbariatricsurgery.com/

I had my sleeve done last November (Nov. 14, 2011) with Dr. Sampath.

From my first appointment with him until my surgery date it was 5 and a half months. I do believe the wait time to get into this is about a year now.

Its an extensive program, TONS of support...and support that will last a lifetime.

I can't say enough good things about this program!

AND MSP paid for it all.

I have been going for followups every 3 months, and after a year postop it will go to every 6 months and then every year.

I have lost 105 lbs in less then a year. Amazing results. Excellent support. Can't say enough good things about it!

Hey, if anyone in BC is going to be in Victoria near the end of September! There will be a forum on Obesity on Sept 27th at UVIC. I have attached the information here. It's FREE. You just need to book and reserve a seat. It will be an excellent couple of hours. I will be there, along with other VST members here in Victoria.. See you there! The surgeon presenting is a friend of mine and is excellent! :)post-36884-13813670500468_thumb.jpg

LafayetteHealth2012-Aug-email.pdf

Hello BC'ers ! I have opted to have my surgery in Mexico. I am tired of the wait here. Been close to a year & haven't even been called for a consult. My surgery date is Sept 26th and I am very excited to get this jorney started. I am on day 2 of my pre-op diet. Any suggestions & places to go for allowable Protein drinks/bars ?

Hello BC'ers ! I have opted to have my surgery in Mexico. I am tired of the wait here. Been close to a year & haven't even been called for a consult. My surgery date is Sept 26th and I am very excited to get this jorney started. I am on day 2 of my pre-op diet. Any suggestions & places to go for allowable Protein drinks/bars ?

Where in Mexico are you going and with wih doctor and good luck that's same reason y we r going to Mexico in dec

I am going to Tijuana, Hospital Nova with Dr Cabrera . I can't wait !!!

Hi I have also decided to go to Mexico Dr Ortiz Sept 24th who are you having do your surgery

Where in Mexico are you going and with wih doctor and good luck that's same reason y we r going to Mexico in dec

I am going on Sept 24 to Dr Ortiz in Mexico who are you going to

I can't believe how fast this is comin up !!!2 more sleeps & leave for my trip, 3 more till my surgery !! Woohoo!!!

Hi cinder how are you doing, how did it go. Do you have any thing worth mentioning on your recovery. I seem to be getting diarrhea alot, just not sure if its from my diabetes meds or the new stomach. I am down 11lbs since the weigh in on my surgery date.

Hey Jordan, congrats on your loss :) I am doing amazing! I was very fortunate & had no issues from the surgury. I did have the nasty diarhea for the first 3-4 days after surgery but as I was only taking in liquids, I figured that was to be expected. I gained 7lbs in Water or ?? after surgery but that came off quickly and I am down 16lbs from my pre-op weight. food has been good, I am sticking to what the Dr & NUT reccomended for menus, liquid-full liq- purees etc and have not come across anything that is not tolerated, yet. I went to a friends for thanksgiving last weekend & even ventured some turkey, mashed potatoes & a couple brussel sprouts. I chewed it all to bits and it went down well :) Next week will be a huge challenge as I will be driving to Missouri on the 17th. I will be taking a cooler with prepared food with me & lots of Protein Shakes !

Cinder sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up. Mostly I am doing good and hoping/wishing to lose at a faster past as I am rather impatient.

I am now eating a little more real food such as Soups, crackers, toast but in limited amounts. I am having a hard time knowing when to stop and than 30min later I am stuffed and ill because I ate too much. A bit of a learning curve I guess.

I hear ya ! This whole journey is one big learning curve LOL!! Have a great weekend :)

Ilive in the USA....anyone here on the Canadian forum ever gone to Dr. Guillermo Allvarez in Mexico for the GS procedure ? he has a clinic in Piedras Negras....and I have been getting mixed messages from former patients and others posting fine results.....?