Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello there,

I am new to this site and I was just wondering about other people in Bc getting surgery. I am seeing Dr. Sampath, WestCoast Bariatric in Richmond. I so far have done blood work, Ultra sound, and had the scope done. He arranged for me to have them done here in Prince George. Next month I get to see an internist in West Van. and get all the info from the diatition group he works with in Richmond, Then I get to work with my diation her in PG.

So how goes it for others :).

Linda

I too am seeing Dr. Sampath.

have you had surgery yet? or do you have a surgery date?

Im getting a sleeve done on Nov. 14!!

Hello there,

I am new to this site and I was just wondering about other people in Bc getting surgery. I am seeing Dr. Sampath, WestCoast Bariatric in Richmond. I so far have done blood work, Ultra sound, and had the scope done. He arranged for me to have them done here in Prince George. Next month I get to see an internist in West Van. and get all the info from the diatition group he works with in Richmond, Then I get to work with my diation her in PG.

So how goes it for others :).

Linda

Hi Lilymorg,

yes I know took me a long time to reply to this post..... sorry. :blush5:

My surgery date isn't till Jan 09/2014, just befor my birthday. So It's going to be a good year.

I see you on Ob.help. as well

I have my surgery with Dr. Sampath on Aug 13th of this year..getting excited as it gets closer!!! Looks like I'm a few months late for this convo, but still happy to find other Richmond patients! I just started up a support group for everyone going through the Richmond program with Dr. Sampath or Dr. Nguyen and their amazing team :) You can find us on Facebook or email westcoastwls@gmail.com -- https://www.facebook.com/groups/westcoastwlssupport/

Hi. I am currently on the waiting to for my initial appointment. I was referred last February, and each day I yearn for a call. Realistically I know it is about a one year wait. I live close so here's hoping lol.

I'm Marcy, and I am in Victoria. I am scheduled for Nov of this year with Dr. Samaad Malik for a sleeve gastrectomy. Really looking forward to this! I have my scope done in a few weeks time, then pulse oximetry, internal medicine and my cardiologist... its going to be a busy couple of months. I shopped around to find the best tasting Protein drink-- whey Iso Burst in French Vanilla.. I am all set now.. oh, and did you know that GNC has a big sale on right now? check it out and stock up! :) I am an OR nurse, so if you have questions, I am happy to help... Everythign is easier when done together!

Hi. I am currently on the waiting to for my initial appointment. I was referred last February' date=' and each day I yearn for a call. Realistically I know it is about a one year wait. I live close so here's hoping lol.[/quote']

Does he do it under medical or do you have to pay for it thxs

In BC, the gastric band costs $15K. The VSG is covered under the Medical Services Plan.

In BC' date=' the gastric band costs 15K. The VSG is covered under the Medical Services Plan.[/quote']

I didn't no that it was covered under Medical services that's y we booked to go to Mexico and get it done in dec for 4500

Yes the surg can be covered under your medical..i got approved in a week or so. Chk your benefits it can be considered medical necessary

Yes the surg can be covered under your medical..i got approved in a week or so. Chk your benefits it can be considered medical necessary

Well I'm from mission bc so prolly have same benefits

I'm Marcy' date=' and I am in Victoria. I am scheduled for Nov of this year with Dr. Samaad Malik for a sleeve gastrectomy. Really looking forward to this! I have my scope done in a few weeks time, then pulse oximetry, internal medicine and my cardiologist... its going to be a busy couple of months. I shopped around to find the best tasting Protein drink-- whey Iso Burst in French vanilla.. I am all set now.. oh, and did you know that GNC has a big sale on right now? check it out and stock up! :) I am an OR nurse, so if you have questions, I am happy to help... Everythign is easier when done together![/quote']

Hi Marcy! I'm 25 and also a patient of dr Malik. I have a tentative date of oct 2.. Marcy is ur date confirmed? I was told my date is tentative

You need to know what your medical services plan covers, but things like a Roux en Y is completely covered, just like any surgery of that nature. Your GP would be able to confirm this for you. I know lots of people go to Mexico for their surgery, however, I would not be one of them. I would much prefer to have surgery here, where I know that the Standards of practice are the best in the world. Yes, we have issues in our medical system, but having worked overseas, and seen what goes on in other countries, my choice is here in Canada. We enjoy a very high standard of care here.

My date has not been confirmed yet, SkinnyMinnie2Be ( love that name!) It might change due to what is happening at that time with surgical bookings ( not Maliks), availability of beds etc in the hospital. But I do know he has a couple of patients booked in October. He is only allowed to do 2 a month ( as there are other surgeons in town who also do these). The hospital restricts how many can be done. But I would say things are looking good! :)