Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, so I've posted before that I do take a PPI, and I still have indigestion. I also take Maalox in addition to my PPI and I still have indigestion most of the time. The problem is I need to belch but most of the time I can't. If I have like 1 or 2 sips of Ginger Ale will it do a lot of damage? I have never been really gassy the other way, but I still have a lot of gas that now I can't get to move. Walking doesn't make it come up. I can't make myself belch. Carbonation used to do the trick before the sleeve. I know a whole soda would be terrible, but 1 month out a couple of sips to make me burp won't kill me, will it?

"They" say no to anything with carbonation as it could stretch the stomach. Try putting a little baking soda in atad of water...that should help you burp, worth a try anyway!

Hhmmm....I don't know about baking soda. I've used it before and it works great (I'm not sleeved), but I know you should never take it on a full stomach. I read once that someone's stomach burst from taking it while full. Not sure how your new stomach would handle it.

Ask a Dr.

i feel the same way i was sleeved on 3/8/11 i keep feeling like i have to burp , also i havent been able to go to tghe batghroom is that normal number 2

I get the same way and I tried a sip of diet ginger ale and it made me feel worse. What helps me is a cup of hot tea.

My doctor said that carbonated drinks will not stretch the stomach or do any other damage, but will make you feel horrible which is why it is on the "no" list. I drank some diet coke a while bake, only a few swallow and it nearly killed me! lol

The carbonation / stretching thing is basically not true. Since you are belching the gas is coming OUT. And a sip will not introduce enough gas to make it stretch. Ginger ail will also help settle your stomach - if it's made iwth REAL ginger that is.

SLEEVERS ALSO: Beware and-acids that are made with Calcium carbonate - like Tums and Maalox. Excess Calcium carbonate can lead to kidney stones. I've had 2 bouts of this and it is VERY painful. Drink a LOT of wate if you insist on taking CC.

The carbonation / stretching thing is basically not true. Since you are belching the gas is coming OUT. And a sip will not introduce enough gas to make it stretch. Ginger ail will also help settle your stomach - if it's made iwth REAL ginger that is.

SLEEVERS ALSO: Beware and-acids that are made with Calcium carbonate - like Tums and Maalox. Excess calcium carbonate can lead to kidney stones. I've had 2 bouts of this and it is VERY painful. Drink a LOT of wate if you insist on taking CC.

The problem is I'm not belching. I just feel the gas move around in my chest/stomach and it's not going anywhere else. Sometimes if feels like regular indigestion, sometimes it feels like something stuck in my throat. I don't know what it is, but it's pretty annoying. Today for example I had 2 Protein shakes, 5 glasses of Water and 1/2 bowl of Special K. Why? because when I try to eat I get indigestion, and it's not as bad when I drink. This sucks.

I drink (diet) soda daily without issue and without loss of restriction. A sip won't harm you.

Try laying flat on your bed face down on your stomach without a pillow for a few minutes. Sometimes that position will force the gas out in the non-sleeved so not sure if it will work.....but it is worth a try. I also don't think it will hurt to try a couple sips of ginger ale (or other soda) and see how you feel.

I find sitting up straight helps food and drink go down, and gas go up... then I tap on my chest a few times, this gets the bubbles up better... usually what feels like a bunch of gas is just a tiny bubble. Avoiding putting gas in in the first place seems the best idea, not putting more in.....

I have had that annoying feeling of needing to burp/belch as well. I have my dear sweet hubby pat my back until it comes out.. "kind of like burping a baby" I wouldn't try anything carbonated at just a month or so out. I am almost 3 months out and I will not be introducing anything with carbonation in it until I hit my 6 month mark.. I am following doctors orders on this one. I have already had enough complications and hospital trips to last a life time. I don't want to do something I'm not suppose to and risk harming myself or my new stomach..

My girlfriend pats me on the back and rubs it like burping a baby until I can burp, usually. But when i'm alone I've been desperate to try anything that may work. This weekend, I had indigestion so bad that I had the hiccups. I discovered that ice Water helped. After every sip of the cold water I was able to belch, and it made the hiccups go away! I don't know why it worked, but it did!

The surgical nurse co-ordinator at the hospital told all those pending surgery the next week to go get some Gas-X strips. They disolve on your tongue like a strip of mint and do wonders! My husband bless his heart bought me three boxes for my trip home and they have been a blessing! Lots of burping and well ya know :D ... Simple and fairly quick too! I'm 5 days out and it's nearly all gone thankfully!

I get that gas feeling when i eat or drink too fast, or forget to chew to good! usually when the kids are acting up, i think it is called agita! No really, i found standing straight up and reaching for the ceiling then bending over to touch your toes will get that bad boy right out of there! but be warned, if you are in an office, you may want to go somewhere that others cannot hear or see you! works every time for me!

patti ;)