Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mommietawnie did your Dr repair your leak?

No they couldn't even drani the absess and Fluid the first trip to the hospital because my spleen was blocking everything. The 2nd time however they did an exploritory surgery and places a jp drain and drain the remaining absess. With the picc line and TPN my leak healed on it's own.. Had it not healed he was considering putting in a stint until it did heal. Thankfully that didn't have to happen. I was told by both doctors that they are very uncomfortable.

My doctors are having my leak heal on it's own as well. I am npo for at least 3 months......so hard. I had 2 abscesses as well the 2nd one by my spleen too. I had a jp drain and feeding tube that was put in but they both fell out due to an ice pack falling on them! I had so much Fluid from the second abscess I have a pigtail drain in ....this big bag it is ugly I miss my jp drain but my abscess has cleared and this drain should be coming out 3/25. Now just waiting for the leak to heal so I can eat and drink by mouth.

I was very sick and made it through now it is a waiting game for my leak! I struggle with the npo but try to stay positive! My family has been through hell and back with me so I am trying to keep a smile on my face instead of crying! 2 days in a row now no tears! A record

My doctors are having my leak heal on it's own as well. I am npo for at least 3 months......so hard. I had 2 abscesses as well the 2nd one by my spleen too. I had a jp drain and feeding tube that was put in but they both fell out due to an ice pack falling on them! I had so much Fluid from the second abscess I have a pigtail drain in ....this big bag it is ugly I miss my jp drain but my abscess has cleared and this drain should be coming out 3/25. Now just waiting for the leak to heal so I can eat and drink by mouth.

I was very sick and made it through now it is a waiting game for my leak! I struggle with the npo but try to stay positive! My family has been through hell and back with me so I am trying to keep a smile on my face instead of crying! 2 days in a row now no tears! A record

Well 5 days out I started to get tired with left shoulder pain. Then I started to get fever around 101. On day 8 my temp was 103 and I really didn't feel well. I went to the ER and my heart rate was irregular it was beating faster than normal. They took a ct and said I had pneumonia. My surgeon appeared the next day and said I had a leak. They drain 30 cc of pus fron the abcess that the leak made. Been home for almost 3 weeks still on tpn with a picc line and a drainage tube from my left side. I took an xray to look at the leak last wednesday and I still had the leak. The Dr. told me to try thick foods like mashed potatoes and yougart. I have but I am so sacred. I didn't see him this week, I see him next week. That just seems to far to find out what food is doing to the leak. I feel fine but then again i don't know what is going on inside. I spit all day. when i swallow my spit it makes me gag and feels like i have something in my thoat. I am miserable and i am very depressed and at this point can not see the postive in what ive done to myself. :(

Nene I feel the same I had 2 abscesses and pneumonia i am home since 2/9 and I am not allowed to eat or drink by mouth I have a leak. My feedings go through my feeding tube along with water.....it is depressing but I am here if you need to talk! I am in Michigan if you want my number let me know. Everyone on this board is very supportive. Do you have a small leak?