Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Stomach tenderness at 5 weeks

Views
Started by feedyoureye, Feb 26, 2011 10:45 AM
8 replies to this topic
8 replies to this topic

feedyoureye

BariatricPal Host

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
  • Surgeon: Mohamed Ali
  • Surgery Date: Jan 2011
  • Height: 5 feet 9 inches
  • Weight Lost: 89 lbs
  • BMI: 25.1
  • My Blogs
Posted February 26, 2011 - 10:45 AM

Not sure this is a complication... At 5 weeks I went into my Regular Docs for a checkup. She palpitated my abdomen and I was also given a shot for Tetanus and whooping cough which really made my arm sore for two days. I have noticed pain in my knees too...Don't know if this is relevant at all....Feeling fine besides that.

I have had no real tenderness in my abdomen at all, only itchy staples at my lap sites. Well after I got home from my AM Dr appointment I noticed some tenderness in my abdomen. Mostly on the right side below my ribs, but also a little bit on the left. It seemed located next to my incision sites, not right on them... but could be where my new tummy is.. kind of hard to tell. Here it is 4-5 days later and it feels the same. Not bad pain at all, but sore. I would have expected to feel this way earlier in the process, but now? Anyone else have this show up later in the process? I have not called my doc, I have no fever or bruising or sharp pain... I start back to work and gym in a few days....

feedyoureye

BariatricPal Host

• My Blogs
Posted February 26, 2011 - 5:09 PM

Anyone out there with any comments or experience?Posted Image(thats a fancy bump...)

AutumnLily

VST Aficionado

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted February 27, 2011 - 1:15 PM

I have no idea, as I am just newly sleeved. Maybe call your doc and ask if its normal to feel these pains beside the incision sites. Hope you find an answer or start to feel better soon.

feedyoureye

BariatricPal Host

• My Blogs
Posted February 27, 2011 - 1:34 PM

I have no idea, as I am just newly sleeved. Maybe call your doc and ask if its normal to feel these pains beside the incision sites. Hope you find an answer or start to feel better soon.

Thanks Lily...

renniemommie

Expert Member

• My Blogs
Posted February 28, 2011 - 9:28 PM

I read somewhere (I haven't had surgery yet) about scar tissue being worst around 6 weeks? Maybe you got some of that, would that be a symptom of a twisty stomach coming on? Call Dr, not nurse, Dr, that is why he gets paid the big bucks! IDK

feedyoureye

BariatricPal Host

• My Blogs
Posted February 28, 2011 - 10:07 PM

Update... the stomach is much less tender... I have a wild guess what might have been going on... I have been sitting on my couch playing with my laptop WAY too much... my ribs kind of squish my stomach down when I do that... maybe I just squished it one to many times..... OR I lifted something too heavy.... could be the scar thing too....anyway, all better now thank goodness!

Lila21

Aspiring Evangelist

• My Blogs
Posted March 2, 2011 - 1:43 AM

Update... the stomach is much less tender... I have a wild guess what might have been going on... I have been sitting on my couch playing with my laptop WAY too much... my ribs kind of squish my stomach down when I do that... maybe I just squished it one to many times..... OR I lifted something too heavy.... could be the scar thing too....anyway, all better now thank goodness!

Sorry, I missed this post earler, but I had tenderness in that spot (under ribs on the right side) when I went to visit my Surgeon at 4 weeks. He said that there are still internal stitches there so they can be tender. Hope that helps :-)

feedyoureye

BariatricPal Host

• My Blogs
Posted March 2, 2011 - 9:56 AM

Sorry, I missed this post earler, but I had tenderness in that spot (under ribs on the right side) when I went to visit my Surgeon at 4 weeks. He said that there are still internal stitches there so they can be tender. Hope that helps :-)

Thanks! That makes sense...much better now.

Cmsumom

Expert Member

Posted March 4, 2011 - 9:50 AM

I haven't had VSG yet either but have had 5 other ab. surg. - so anyway- I have had some tenderness up to 2-3 months out near my incision sites- its just you "guts" healing- its what I have been told- It truely takes your insides almost 6 months to really heal up good- at least that is what all the other doctors have told me. And from time to time- you will bend, or stretch or squish your fat lol a certain way and it just reminds you that OH I am still healing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Sep 01
    HalloweenBaby24

A week before surgery, Not feeling nervous just feeling numb about the whole...

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      Sep 01
    naturalbabe77

I just placed an order for a nectar protein sampler from bariatric pantry. I...

Show comments (4)
View All Updates