Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before And After Gastric Sleeve Surgery Photos

Thanks and I wouldn't mind staying at 233. A co-worker of mine had bypass and he has lost so much weight that he looks really sick. I don't want to go that route and I try to each as much as possible. That is one thing that worries me because I don't want to get that skinny. Congrats to all of you and this surgery does have it's challenges but the results are worth it.

I haven't posted in a while and just saw this and thought I would drop in. I am currently 3 months out from being sleeved and down 55 pounds so far. Well here are some photos.

scaleae.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The day of my surgery. Chub Rock ,lol!

armsupj.jpg

This week at 233! Finally able to fit in suits without major alterations and Papi Chulo is on the comeback trail.

suitedupe.jpg

Way to go, Papi! Looking like the cover of GQ....smile.gif

I haven't posted in a while and just saw this and thought I would drop in. I am currently 3 months out from being sleeved and down 55 pounds so far. Well here are some photos.

scaleae.jpg

The day of my surgery. Chub Rock ,lol!

armsupj.jpg

This week at 233! Finally able to fit in suits without major alterations and Papi Chulo is on the comeback trail.

suitedupe.jpg

Aye Papi! You look amazing! Keep it up! Your swagger is showing through in your smile! Keep doing the damn thing!

Thank you so very much ! ! !

I got to goal in 6.5 months with 115lbs lost, and then I dropped another 23ish pounds over another 4 months as I got into maintenance. I had maintained my loss for almost a year until the pregnancy hit, and I've gained a few pounds with the pregnancy.

Hiiii, newb here ::waving:: though I see a few familiar faces.

I see that you lost over 100lbs in 6 months, while others seem to be a lot less. I know we all lose at different rates, but is there something you did to help expedite your loss?

Y'all look great. I'm sooo happy and feel really calm about my decision to go with VSG instead of RNY.

Wow you look so much younger with the weight loss.

Before:

Before5-1.jpgTiffBefore-1.jpg

Progress (during)

70lbsgone.jpgHomecomingoutfit.jpg10Dec09.jpgphoto5.jpg

After (now)

TiffandJohnJune2010-1.jpg2010SFSballsandraandme.jpgOctober2010jpg2.jpgJanuary2011Tiff-1-1.jpg

Hiiii, newb here ::waving:: though I see a few familiar faces.

I see that you lost over 100lbs in 6 months, while others seem to be a lot less. I know we all lose at different rates, but is there something you did to help expedite your loss?

Y'all look great. I'm sooo happy and feel really calm about my decision to go with VSG instead of RNY.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply. I didn't get a notification that you had quoted a post of mine.

All I did was low carb (less then 30-40gr per day), at least 60gr of Protein and pushed clear fluids until I hit goal.

I had a lot to lose so it seems like I might have lost more than others, but I lost all of my excess weight (by the BMI chart standards) in around 7-8 months. I was at my and my surgeon's goal in 6.5 months with 115lbs lost.

It's just what worked for me. I just didn't mess around with carbs, ate 4 meals a day, no snacking, no b.s. Each meal consisted of a minimum of 15gr of Protein.

The people that lose less pounds in 6 months might not have as much to lose as I did, or they make have the same post-op guideline. Maybe they're not willing to low carb it. The fastest results I've seen across the board is staying in ketosis by eating low carb, pushing clear fluids. I also have no metabolic issues, or co-morbidities that could effect my weight loss numbers. I never used hormonal birth control. So, I really just pushed protein, and worked out after I hit 4 months post-op. Then I did weight lifting exercises and 1 days of cardio, that only lasted for 4 months until I had to have my gallbladder removed and was put on restricted activity because my surgeon removed hoards of scar tissue and adhesions from my abdominal cavity from all the surgeries I've had.

Updates!! I'm nine months out and feeling great! Just trying to get the last bit off my thighs and I'm DONE!!! Whoohooo!!! I'm posting some before pics too, and the one in the pink jacket was me in March, just a few months ago. Wow those inches just FLY RIGHT OFF!! I love my sleeve!!!!! I will post more tomorrow :) Sorry the photos are so big, there seems to be an issue with posting pictures right now.

Peak:

gallery_37_486_2048.jpg

March 2011 (3 months ago)

gallery_38_438_17774.jpg

Current (25 Lbs to goal)

gallery_0_438_7354.jpg

gallery_0_438_64693.jpg

gallery_0_438_47850.jpg

gallery_0_438_172642.jpg

gallery_0_438_205967.jpg

gallery_0_438_110497.jpg

OMG Irene, you truely are so beautiful!!! I always love looking at your photos because you have the most beautiful face!!! I cant believe how much you've lost just from your first post on this thread back in Feb til now! You simply look amazing! And your arms.... they look fantastic! Keep going strong! You're my inspiration!!!

wow and wow I am completely stunned ...You look gorgeous. I'm suppose to be sleeved on July 12 and now I am so excited. You look like a model now...I pray my results are just as fabulous. Thanks you have given me hope in tomorrow.

Sheri

Before:

Progress (during)

After (now)

TiffandJohnJune2010-1.jpg2010SFSballsandraandme.jpgOctober2010jpg2.jpgJanuary2011Tiff-1-1.jpg

wow and wow I am completely stunned ...You look gorgeous. I'm suppose to be sleeved on July 12 and now I am so excited. You look like a model now...I pray my results are just as fabulous. Thanks you have given me hope in tomorrow.

Sheri

Before:

Progress (during)

After (now)

Thanks so much ! ! ! Best wishes with your sleeve, you'll love it.

AMAZING!!!!!

Updates!! I'm nine months out and feeling great! Just trying to get the last bit off my thighs and I'm DONE!!! Whoohooo!!! I'm posting some before pics too, and the one in the pink jacket was me in March, just a few months ago. Wow those inches just FLY RIGHT OFF!! I love my sleeve!!!!! I will post more tomorrow :) Sorry the photos are so big, there seems to be an issue with posting pictures right now.

Peak:

gallery_37_486_2048.jpg

March 2011 (3 months ago)

gallery_38_438_17774.jpg

Current (25 Lbs to goal)

gallery_0_438_7354.jpg

gallery_0_438_64693.jpg

gallery_0_438_47850.jpg

gallery_0_438_172642.jpg

gallery_0_438_205967.jpg

gallery_0_438_110497.jpg

Tiffykins - you are my HERO and inspiration - truly you are queen of the sleeve! :)

tiff still hard to get over your transformation .... you're even pregnant and.... still keeping off the extra weight pregnancy packs on...... such an inspiration ..... every time I get nervous about my upcoming surgery I come to this thread and look at all the beautiful pic ... who can argue with results like these..... can't wait to post mine .... surgery at the end of the month...

Thanks so much ! ! ! Best wishes with your sleeve, you'll love it.