Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

how much can a pouch stretch?

Views
Started by Baritone, Feb 08, 2011 7:15 AM
1 reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

Baritone

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
Posted February 8, 2011 - 7:15 AM

Dear Dr.Gregg,
I had my VSG 10 months ago and successfully dropped 48 lbs. I have had no complications with the procedure and overall have been very pleased. However, I've noticed that gradually I have been able to eat more. I can comfortably consume double what I ate several months ago and I am afraid that my stomach will stretch back close to its original size. My weight has plateaued for quite awhile now and I still need to loose another 15 lbs. to be where my Dr. said I should be. Its easy to lose weight when you're full after a few bites but when it starts taking more to feel satisfied I'm concerned that its "undoing" everything thats been done. I'd appreciate your honesty and expertise with this. Thanks

Rootman

Bariatric Hero

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgery Date: Dec 2010
  • Starting Weight: 375 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 170 lbs
  • Current Weight: 205 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 190 lbs
  • BMI: 27.8
Posted February 8, 2011 - 8:50 AM

Well like anything biological it's made of tissue and just about any tissue can be stretched if enough pressure is put on it for long enough. I doubt that it could recover back to it's pre-op size but me come close to a smaller version of a full size stomach.

You need to exercise portion control and eat ONLY what you have determined you need for the day.

It's a day to day process, one step at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Jul 29
    Chubalicious

I have 2 more weeks...what shall I be doing as of now??? Any diet plans for a...

Show comments (1)
View All Updates