Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and Struggling

Hi,

It's been so helpful reading everyone's posts. I'm about 3 weeks out from surgery and for about the last week or so have been having a very difficult time getting anything but my fluids to stay down. I'm not sure if I've just had enough of my Protein Shakes and mentally I cannot stand the thought of another but something isn't working. I was so excited to transition to pureed foods and thought that might fix the problem but I can't get hardly anything down at all. Now I don't even want to. I feel nauseous all the time and I'm on an anti nausea med as well as an acid reducer. Per my nutritionist I'm currently having what she calls a "juice party". Mainly because she thinks that it's all coming down to dehydration. So I'm sipping sipping and sipping some more including Protein Water. I see the Doc today and am hoping I've done enough over the weekend to keep me from landing in the hospital for the dehydration thing but feeling so unsettled in my tummy is also making me weepy all the time. I'm supposed to see my counselor tomorrow and I'm doing everything I've been told to do but honestly...I'm so disheartened by how I feel physically that I almost wish I hadn't done this surgery. I hate to say that...my reasons for doing this were medical and I want so to feel better but feeling like this is making me ride an emotional roller coaster that is just insane! Oh please please tell me this gets better...that this unsettled feeling will pass soon.

Thanks All!

nita

Hi,

It's been so helpful reading everyone's posts. I'm about 3 weeks out from surgery and for about the last week or so have been having a very difficult time getting anything but my fluids to stay down. I'm not sure if I've just had enough of my Protein shakes and mentally I cannot stand the thought of another but something isn't working. I was so excited to transition to pureed foods and thought that might fix the problem but I can't get hardly anything down at all. Now I don't even want to. I feel nauseous all the time and I'm on an anti nausea med as well as an acid reducer. Per my nutritionist I'm currently having what she calls a "juice party". Mainly because she thinks that it's all coming down to dehydration. So I'm sipping sipping and sipping some more including Protein Water. I see the Doc today and am hoping I've done enough over the weekend to keep me from landing in the hospital for the dehydration thing but feeling so unsettled in my tummy is also making me weepy all the time. I'm supposed to see my counselor tomorrow and I'm doing everything I've been told to do but honestly...I'm so disheartened by how I feel physically that I almost wish I hadn't done this surgery. I hate to say that...my reasons for doing this were medical and I want so to feel better but feeling like this is making me ride an emotional roller coaster that is just insane! Oh please please tell me this gets better...that this unsettled feeling will pass soon.

Thanks All!

nita

nita, let me tell you that your not alone. . .i really HATED my sleeve and had major buyers remorse for a really long time. . honestly i think it was for about the first 6 - 7 months. . I hated this thing, but look at it this way too. . .for so many years we were so accustomed to eating whatever and gaining weight and feeling so lowly and then suddenly it's all taken away and we have to relearn what to do with ourselves. . .no matter how prepared we "think" we were, you really are never prepared for this. . .it's sorta like the first pregnancy, you go to the stupid lamase classes, you learn to breath the pain away. . .then bang! the labor pain hits. . are you prepared??? I think not, do you just lay there and breath the F.... pain away? NO, you become the exorist in the flesh all from flying into the damn corner and spewing pea Soup, you didn't realize it was like this and you vow NEVER to do it again. . . well same with the sleeve, only this your stuck with for life. . .and you do get accustomed to your new lifestyle, I'm 10 1/2 months out, but i've gotten used to my new lifestyle, I still eat too fast sometimes, but am "reminded" of the fact really fast and start to slime! it comes with time, you won't get used to it immediately it takes time. . . don't get discouraged honey, just live your life one day at a time and readjust yourself. . . good luck!

I am only 5 days post op gastric sleeve and I just licked and sucked the cheese off of a .25 cent bag of Doritos. I didn't eat the chips. All chips are in the garbage. But I feel like a failure. It's too soon to indulge in cravings and I just dived in. Not a good sign. :( :(

I hated the puréed phase. I felt the same way. Nothing puréed wanted to go or stay down. Turns out, my sleeve hates purée, to this day I can't do it and I'm 1yr out. I ate a lot of yogurt and vegetarian chili that I pulverized with my teeth during the purée stage to get calories in. You're not alone in this.