Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Dec. 2010: Dr. Mario Almanza @ Jerusalem Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico

Views
Started by Sadiegirl, Nov 21, 2010 8:38 PM
32 replies to this topic
32 replies to this topic

Sadiegirl

Novice

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • My Blogs
Posted November 21, 2010 - 8:38 PM

Does anyone have anything to share re: Dr. Mario Almanza and/or Jerusalem Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico? Did you have any problems, complications, positive or negative feedback? What results have you had since? I am beyond nervous! Did you make a deposit to a person in California or directly to the MD or hospital? That concerns me too.

So glad we have this website!
Thanks.

Sadie Girl

doeboy77

• Height: 6 feet 0 inches
  • Starting Weight: 300 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 0 lbs
  • Current Weight: 300 lbs
  • BMI: 40.7
Posted November 22, 2010 - 6:02 AM

Does anyone have anything to share re: Dr. Mario Almanza and/or Jerusalem Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico? Did you have any problems, complications, positive or negative feedback? What results have you had since? I am beyond nervous! Did you make a deposit to a person in California or directly to the MD or hospital? That concerns me too.

So glad we have this website!
Thanks.

Sadie Girl

i just had a sleeve done there....no problems, no complications, no negative feedback....look at my ticker for my results. you are in good hands there...i did wire my money from my bank to theirs. dont be nervous its a clean facility and the people there are awesome, be sure to tip the drivers as they will take u out shopping on day 3 and 4 if u want, message me if u wanna know anything at all

Sadiegirl

Novice

• My Blogs
Posted November 22, 2010 - 10:41 PM

i just had a sleeve done there....no problems, no complications, no negative feedback....look at my ticker for my results. you are in good hands there...i did wire my money from my bank to theirs. dont be nervous its a clean facility and the people there are awesome, be sure to tip the drivers as they will take u out shopping on day 3 and 4 if u want, message me if u wanna know anything at all

Sadiegirl

Novice

• My Blogs
Posted November 22, 2010 - 10:42 PM

Just saw your ticker. WOW! Congratulations! How did you lose 30 lbs in a month????

chelsea

Advanced Member

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
Posted November 22, 2010 - 11:59 PM

I had my sleeve done at the end of May there. It was great! Just to let you know, the facilities there are clean but they are definitely different than the ones in the U.S. The nursing staff is very sweet and efficient.

I wired my money to my medical coordinator and took a cashier's check for the rest and then transferred more (I went down there for the lapband but switched to the sleeve about 4 hours before surgery) while I was there.

I know people have had bad experiences but none of the people I went with had infections or any complications due to the surgery.

There was one person in our group that didn't have a great recovery but she was older and not in the best health and I think it would have been the same anywhere.

I had nothing but a great experience. I've lost a ton of weight and am not done losing.

Feel free to msg me with any other questions!

Leesey

• My Blogs
Posted November 23, 2010 - 1:33 AM

My surgery is on the 8th so I am definitely interested in this thread! My facilitator is Christi Bearden What about you guys?

doeboy77

Posted November 23, 2010 - 5:43 AM

I had my sleeve done at the end of May there. It was great! Just to let you know, the facilities there are clean but they are definitely different than the ones in the U.S. The nursing staff is very sweet and efficient.

I wired my money to my medical coordinator and took a cashier's check for the rest and then transferred more (I went down there for the lapband but switched to the sleeve about 4 hours before surgery) while I was there.

I know people have had bad experiences but none of the people I went with had infections or any complications due to the surgery.

There was one person in our group that didn't have a great recovery but she was older and not in the best health and I think it would have been the same anywhere.

I had nothing but a great experience. I've lost a ton of weight and am not done losing.

Feel free to msg me with any other questions!

congrats on so much weight loss....i was wondering do u excercise aswell?

doeboy77

Posted November 23, 2010 - 5:44 AM

My surgery is on the 8th so I am definitely interested in this thread! My facilitator is Christi Bearden What about you guys?

mine was melissa

chelsea

Advanced Member

Posted November 23, 2010 - 10:59 AM

congrats on so much weight loss....i was wondering do u excercise aswell?

Hmmm...I didn't start exercising until October. I would go on walks, sure, but actual exercise started last month. I work out every other day (or so. It's more like 3 times a week) for anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. There have been several weeks where I didn't lose weight but simply maintained.

I cut out the soda I'd been drinking and the weight started coming off quickly again. So...yeah...I have a can of Coke Zero every other day or so and it takes me all day to drink it. I had cut it out for good for about 6 months (some time before surgery) and then had some a couple months ago and I did fine. I would definitely say not to start drinking it. But dang...soda is just refreshing! {and I don't drink any other alcoholic beverages or coffee or tea so it's my only liquid vice}

I feel better when I exercise. I know my heart is getting healthier and my muscles actually feel like they're there, ya know?

Melissa was my coordinator, too.

Josey

Posted November 29, 2010 - 3:31 PM

Just to let you now I had my sleeve Oct 12 th. at Jerusalem Clinic, it is very small but clean and don't expect a lot of engligh unless they are actually talking to you. I unfortunately have been having difflculty since I got home. At first it felt like someone cut me along the chest and put a bowling ball in my chest and closed me up. That weight disapered after a week and a half and for the last few weeks I have had a lot of trouble keeping any thing down. I am so far from where I should be and I understand that everone handles it differently but if I had to do it again I wouldn't.

Josey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics

Topics with No Reply