Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sizzilng September Sleevers Monday Check In

OKey Dokey... This is IT.

Check in on Monday. We're on our way. Can't wait to get started. :rolleyes:

Let's support each other and Celebrate each other's successes.

Okey Dokey... Here is my first Monday check in. I am a few days shy of 2 weeks since my surgery. My weight ticker reflects only my weight loss since before surgery.

Down 14 pounds since surgery. YAY. I am in my 60's so I am expecting my weight loss to be on the slower side. I am still on the Stage II diet, but feel ready to move.

I am having trouble getting the Protein shakes down as a bit of nausea is starting to happen. I have found that soft scambled eggs do well for me.

Thank goodness for popsicles as they are a tremendous help in getting fluids down.

I hope others will post. Seeing other's struggles and successes helps to keep me focused. :rolleyes:

Okey Dokey... Here is my first Monday check in. I am a few days shy of 2 weeks since my surgery. My weight ticker reflects only my weight loss since before surgery.

Down 14 pounds since surgery. YAY. I am in my 60's so I am expecting my weight loss to be on the slower side. I am still on the Stage II diet, but feel ready to move.

I am having trouble getting the Protein shakes down as a bit of nausea is starting to happen. I have found that soft scambled eggs do well for me.

Thank goodness for popsicles as they are a tremendous help in getting fluids down.

I hope others will post. Seeing other's struggles and successes helps to keep me focused. :rolleyes:

Hi Lab!! I love our thread titles! We had the Party is On... now we have Sizzling Sept.... LOVE IT! Thanks for taking charge!! :)

Well I am exactly 3 weeks post-op and still can't believe I did this. lol!

My ticker weight reflects my weight loss since 6/29/09 which was the day of my lapband surgery. Gained mostly all of my weight back by the time I had sleeve surgery. So I am 20lbs. down since sleeve surgery 3 weeks ago, but 22lbs. down since the beginning of this roller coaster. I know it's goofy, but it's important to me to look at it this way. Now... I have also been away all this weekend and not been on a scale in quite a few days. So maybe it's more!!! If my ticker changes tomorrow morning, you'll know it's because I got home and got on the scale. I hope it moved a little! :rolleyes:

I am struggling to get fluids and Protein in and just posted in the other forum about how to get more Protein in a small amount and that tastes good! I made a shake for Breakfast today, but I couldn't finish it. I get full, and I get worried that I'm not taking in enough. Trying to deal with that and get through.

ALso on mushy soft foods, but honestly I'm afraid to try anything. Scrambled Egg works well for me too! It's sorta my safe staple! haha...

Hope we can stay consistent with checking in on Mondays here, because I need the support big time!

On a side note, this experience has changed my marriage for the better. My husband just seems more affectionate, attentive and caring. Wow. He was great during the week of surgery, then he kinda went back to his grumpy self, but not really... being different, hard to explain, but I notice it. I'm trying to make sure I tell him how much it means to me!! Maybe he's getting a mental picture of my hot bod a few months from now? hahaha..

Have a good week!!

Good monday morning Sizzlin' September Sleevers! Love the name BTW... I'm definitely on board with it.

Ok so... I haven't lost any weight in many days now. Not sure why, but it's ok. I still notice a shift in my clothes. My hubby told me yesterday my pants are gettting baggy again already, and they are 18's!! I could never figure out why I'm an 18 and I weigh as much as I do. It's just baffling to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say even though the scale is being a butt right now, other wonderful things are happening!!

Also I've noticed a boost in my energy level since I've started taking my B-12 sublingual. My liquid form just wasn't enough I guess. It must be true that us sleevers have a harder time absorbing this very vital nutrient. I do especially since I'm diagnosed anemic. I need to pay special attention to this less I have to start getting shots. I thought I got away from that when I had my band removed! LMAO!!

I'm nearly 4 weeks out as of this Wednesday. I'll do my official weigh-in but I'm not expecting any miracles this week. Like I said though, I'll be fine with whatever pops up. As long as I can keep my measuring my losses in other ways I know I'm doing good. Eventually the scale will have to catch up to me.

The difference between week 3 and week 4 are a million miles apart. When I first got to week 3 I felt like I'd never start to feel like a normal person again. Well I'm finally getting there!!

I'm able to get my liquids in really good. I can do my Protein shakes no problems at all. I can eat eggs and my hi-Fiber oatmeal pretty effortlessly too. Thank goodness!! I am still taking my time with the tuna packs, puree'd chicken and that sort of thing very slowly. However every day gets so much easier than the day before. I may start adding some egg to it with some mayo just for the extra Protein push. I have to eat about 2 to 3 oz in several settings - and that being it only too. It's great though and is what I wanted... right? LOL :blink:

See you all next week!! We are all doing so excellently! Hugs!!

I guess it is so individual who can tolerate the Protein drinks and who can't. I started out doing ok with them, but now two sips makes me green around the gills.

Thanks so much for participating with this thread.

LilMissDiva, you are a wonder. Keep up that good work and positive attitude. The numbers on the scale are not all controlling. Getting those close baggy is a great achievement. WTG

Jordien, You SEXY Thang!! There are sooo many benefits to dropping weight. Awesome.

Hi everyone this is my first time checking in for september sleevers kinda new to all this stuff but I am learning. I'm doing really good with my sleeve I haven't had any issues except that the scale hasn't moved but for 5 lbs since surgery but that is ok it will catch up with me my clothes are fitting loser and I have been told by my husband and close friends that they sure can tell i'm losing so thats makes me smile from ear to ear. I am 2 weeks and 3days out. I walk and started at Cruves last week. I am really glad to be involved with this site it has helped me out alot. Thanks again and good luck to us all.

Great job Kim! Welcome to VST as well. ;)

Great job everyone!!!

Diva.. you don't know how glad I am to hear you say that week 3 and week 4 are so different. (now that I am officially starting week 4!!) lol..... I sure hope I can report back a week from now that I am eating similar things as you. I need to keep my Protein up and get my calories in and start moving to real food!!!

Checking in!!! Surgery weight on Sept 27th was 311, gained 8 pounds in the hospital, YUCK!! But, I have lost the 8 pounds plus 10 more!! Woo Hoo!!! Clothes are starting to definitely get baggier.

No real issues expect for bits of reflux now and then. NOT near as bad as what it was in the beginning. I have Protonix on board to take as needed....it's a life saver!!

One more week to go of liquids (my doctor likes you to do 3 weeks post op liquids, then 2 weeks mushies, then on to food). The Protein drinks in the morning make me so full....it takes me almost 2 hours to get it in, but I do it!!!

Definitely do not regret the revision!! The lap band was so life controlling, and I didn't even realize it. So glad I don't have to wake up each day any more and wonder if I am going to get anything down or not. Plus, the joy of going out in public and not being embarrased by having to get up and down several times to run to the restroom to throw up. Glad those days are gone!!!!!!!

Hope everyon is having a great day at being a loser!!!!!

Labrys, thanks for the encouragement! I need that sometimes :-)

Jordi, this new coming week you will see some significant changes. Every day you will be able to get more and more softer foods in. I'm still only doing one meal of soft solids per day, but I can actually get them in. It takes me awhile to eat it, but I do. If you haven't already started, start taking B-12 Sublinguals. I found mine at Rite-Aid and I believe it has been a major contributor to me feeling more "normal". I still tire easily but I'm noticing it is subsiding a little every day.

I'm only doing 3 1/2 (1/2 can of Slim Fast first thing in the morning) meals per day plus one fun snack, so really I try to get as much in as I can stand before looking at it with disgust... haha!! :lol: Adding up the Calories I'm probably doing from 700 to 1000 per day. Weekend being on the higher end because I'm not tied to my work.

Hey everyone -- checking in too! :) I'm half-way done with week 5 and my ticker reflects last Wed's weigh in -- I'm doing great -- I've been struggling with my Water lately (forget to drink it!), so I have to be more on top of that. Also, I get to eat real food now!! Hooray!! But not very much of it. Tonight I made stir fry with chicken and broccoli and green Beans and rice -- had 3 spoonfuls of the stir fry, and 1 spoon of rice. And I am still full (it's 10:20 pm here).

I don't have to do Protein shakes anymore, but every once in awhile I do them because I forget to eat.

Forgetting to eat is my biggest problem. I usually don't feel hungry until I'm starving (which is usually too late).

Last couple of weeks have been REALLY slow in the weight loss area, but I figure that so many who had surgery before me talk about stalls that if I keep chugging along and doing the right things, the weight will come off. Hooray!! No need to ever give up again :D

I really hope you all are doing well on your journeys -- can't wait to hear from the rest of the Sept. sleevers (there are so many of us!).

Hooray for us!! :)

Oh WOW... I just love this group!

YOu all are so encouraging and dang it, we're all just wonderwomen!

I am just now starting to eat a bit, just cottage cheese, yogurt, although, I was able to eat a couple of wheat thins and about 1/4 cup of potato salad at my sweetie's home.

I love the thought of getting smaller and smaller. Just like that sappy song of the 70's, We've Only Just Begun.

You all ROCK. :xena_banana:

My stall finally broke this morning after I had way too many carbs and over 1,000 calories two days ago. I lost two pounds. Well, four pounds if you count the two pounds I went up last week. I am wearing clothes I ain't seen in years! Good thing I am a pack rat. I am kind of a size 22 right now and I have clothes that go down to 14. I think I have a bag of 12's around here too. By the time I am down that far, I can actually find something in the thrift shops to wear for a while until they outgrow me! Today I even found a drawer full of clothes that I couldn't wear in August that are too big now.tongue.gif

I bundled up all the sweatpants, even the ones that would fit, and put them in the donation pile. I will not wear sweat pants in public again!rant.gif