Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks post/Need Help

Hello Everyone,

It has been awhile since I posted. I am now 6 weeks post op and have lost a total of 41 pounds. I have been given the ok by my surgeon to start eating regular foods 4 weeks post op. As of recently, my weight loss has slowed. Since that time, some of my food choices have not been the best, or I have no desire to eat (or the things I want to eat such as bread, I cannot have). One of the bad food choices consisted of me eating 8 piece nuggets at chick-fil-a a couple of times, I have also had the insides of a taco or taco salad w/o the shell from taco bell(just meat, lettuce and cheese), and pepper steak w/o rice. I know all of these choices are not the best, and to be honest besides the nuggets I have only been able to consume a few bites. The reason for these bad choices, is because I am sick of tuna, chicken salad, chicken tenders (peeled fried skin off) and deli meat (haven't really had much, but can't stomach eating it w/o bread), yogurt (anything sweet) and the other foods a lot of us eat after having this surgery. It also does not help matters, that I am away at college and I am always on the go. With that said, I need help. Does anyone have any food suggestions that are quick and easy to make and taste good? Are there any breads that are low carb and tolerable to eat at 6 weeks post op? I really don't want to mess up my weight loss by regaining weight and at one point I was starting to feel as if this surgery was a waste of time, but I know now that is so far from the truth. Sorry to be so long winded and any suggestions anyone has would be most helpful.

Thanks

Lady E.

I don't kno if you have a Sam's Wholesale anywhere near but they have the grilled chicken breasts you microwave and blackened salmon,talapia and swiss chicken burgers that can be microwaved, add in a small side of veggie and your good. Don;t beat yourself up over the nuggets, we've been caught somewehre and had to make a food choice, you did the best you could. The taco doesen't strike me as being bad. The weight loss has slowed way down for me too, have lost only 9 lbs in last 2 months. You are gonna be fine, you can do this!!

WOW!!!! Great job on the weight loss. There seem to be lots of recipes in the recipe section of the forums. Have you checked them out. I just wanted to say for perspective, I would give anything to be able to eat a small amount of chicken nuggets, taco salad etc. as part of my reg diet even if the weight loss is slower. Thats one reason I wanted the sleeve. I want to eat normal food. Not all fried etc, but if I want a burger, I want to eat it and be satisfied with a small burger. Good luck on your continued journey. 41 pounds is amazing!

Thank you soooo much for replying to my post.

@cwalker- Thank you for the encouraging words and good luck with your weight loss, you don't have much left to lose I see :-) I am also going to look into getting the swiss chicken burgers they sound yummy. I also recently broke my stall and I know you will break yours too. I forced myself to drink a Protein shake for a couple of days and the next thing I know, I lost 10 pounds.

@ Eureka- Thank you as well for the congrats on the weight loss and I look forward to seeing you on the losers side :-) and yesss that was one of the reasons I wanted to get the sleeve too. I still wanted to be able to eat normal food and not feel to deprived.

Thank you soooo much for replying to my post.

@cwalker- Thank you for the encouraging words and good luck with your weight loss, you don't have much left to lose I see :-) I am also going to look into getting the swiss chicken burgers they sound yummy. I also recently broke my stall and I know you will break yours too. I forced myself to drink a Protein shake for a couple of days and the next thing I know, I lost 10 pounds.

@ Eureka- Thank you as well for the congrats on the weight loss and I look forward to seeing you on the losers side :-) and yesss that was one of the reasons I wanted to get the sleeve too. I still wanted to be able to eat normal food and not feel to deprived.

If you really want to eat bread, there is some new really thin bread

in the grocery stores these days. They are shaped like hamburger Buns but they are very thin. One slice or half of this bun like shape, is 50 calories. I doubt if you'd be able to eat the whole thing.

Have you tried the ricotta bake that's in the recipe section? It's good and full of Protein. Bread has no protein in it but you could try the deli meat with it if you're cleared for solids.

Also try meatballs, they have those adeill's meatballs at costco.

Someone just posted a pizza made with cauliflower for the crust. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

The ricotta bake for me has been a life saver. I have made it all sorts of different flavors, make it sort of like a shepherd's pie or an italian pie, or a taco pie. Brown ground beef and season with whtever you like to make it taste like real food, cover with the ricotta bake topping....all in a lasagna pan, bake and it is sooo good...the italian one for me was like eating lasagna.

I loved sliced deli meat wrapped around a laughing cow wedge....roast beef around blue cheese, chicken or turkey around the garlic spiced one....

If you really want to eat bread, there is some new really thin bread

in the grocery stores these days. They are shaped like hamburger Buns but they are very thin. One slice or half of this bun like shape, is 50 calories. I doubt if you'd be able to eat the whole thing.

Have you tried the ricotta bake that's in the recipe section? It's good and full of Protein. Bread has no Protein in it but you could try the deli meat with it if you're cleared for solids.

Hi Oregondaisy,

Thanks for you response. I will have to purchase some of this thin bread. Do you know the brand? I haven't tried the ricotta bake yet, but I am going to be trying that out soon since I have read so many great things about this dish :-)

Also try meatballs, they have those adeill's meatballs at costco.

Someone just posted a pizza made with cauliflower for the crust. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

The ricotta bake for me has been a life saver. I have made it all sorts of different flavors, make it sort of like a shepherd's pie or an italian pie, or a taco pie. Brown ground beef and season with whtever you like to make it taste like real food, cover with the ricotta bake topping....all in a lasagna pan, bake and it is sooo good...the italian one for me was like eating lasagna.

I loved sliced deli meat wrapped around a laughing cow wedge....roast beef around blue cheese, chicken or turkey around the garlic spiced one....

Hi Cknorte,

I am going to have to try some of those meatballs. I actually have been looking for frozen , but just wasn't sure what to buy. And yesss I am going to try the ricotta bake. Regarding the cauliflower pizza, I am actually the one who posted the recipe. It is soooo good :-)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LadyE...... Thank you thank you for the pizza recipe.....

I use the frozen meatballs from Trader Joes as a basic meatball.....soo good....the costco aidells are teriyaki and really good too!

You are having great weight loss success!!!! congrats!

Hi Oregondaisy,

Thanks for you response. I will have to purchase some of this thin bread. Do you know the brand? I haven't tried the ricotta bake yet, but I am going to be trying that out soon since I have read so many great things about this dish :-)

They are called Sandwich Thins and are either made by Oroweat or Arnold - I guess depending on where you live. They really are very good, and I'll be eating these once again when I can start eating breads.

The brand I get is Sara Lee. Most stores have them in one brand or another.

I actually had luck with deli meats on crackers ... also since you are probably not into cooking, try getting the individually frozen items at costco. hey have individually frozen chicken breast in the bag (look carefully bec they come as one big bag or as individually wrapped in the bag - they stay fresher that way), they also have individually wrapped salmon and a white fish - I think it may have been Halibut.

You can whip each one out onto a broiler pain and eat in a few minutes. they are proportioned as well to be good for 2 meals usually.

meat balls are a great idea - going to try that