Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

dr almanza tijuana mexico

Views
Started by nikki6055, Jul 27, 2010 8:44 AM
37 replies to this topic
37 replies to this topic

nikki6055

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted August 4, 2010 - 6:15 AM

IM HAVING MY SLEEVE DONE AUGUST 25TH WITH DR ALMANZA
:thumbup:

MS LISA

Guru in Training

• Surgeon: Neal Gorrin
  • Height: 5 feet 3 inches
  • Starting Weight: 230
  • Weight Lost: 0
  • Current Weight: 230
  • Goal Weight: 130
  • BMI: 40.7
Posted August 4, 2010 - 12:42 PM

I am getting the sleeve plication soon in tijuana with Dr Corvala, any one had surgery with him?

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM EVERY ONE WHO HAD THE SLEEVE PLICATION, I WANT ALL THE INFO I CAN GET BEFORE I GET MINE.
THAKS EVERYONE!:confused1:

Krista2653

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
Posted August 4, 2010 - 4:29 PM

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM EVERY ONE WHO HAD THE SLEEVE PLICATION, I WANT ALL THE INFO I CAN GET BEFORE I GET MINE.
THAKS EVERYONE!:D

Ms. Lisa,

This surgery seems to be coming more popular! Honestly, I have not heard the best reviews about it. If you go to obesityhelp.com, you can find quite a few postings about it within the last 2 weeks.

From what I've heard, the part of the stomach that they are "blocking off" is very soft and it is possible with over-eating to push the staples through it all the way until you are back to your normal size!

Also, the part of the stomach that is removed with the VSG is where Grenlin is produced (the hunger hormone) and this is an important part to remove so your hunger craving are reduced.

I haven't done any research on it....this is just what I've heard. I've also heard that there are only a handful of surgeons that will do it because most surgeons don't put much faith in it.

Can I ask what turned you onto it? I know it is reversible for those who are scared of the permanent aspect of the VSG.

Cknorte

Expert Member

Posted August 4, 2010 - 4:49 PM

THAKS EVERYONE!:D

Ms Lisa:

There is a thread on this site about the Plication surgery...you can read up....

Total Gastric Vertical Plication Sleeve Surgery - Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery (VSG) Forum

I had Plication with Dr. Corvala on July 15th. I weigh in every Friday (trying to avoid becoming addicted to the scale) and as of last Friday I had lost 18lbs in 2 weeks.

The surgery leaves you a sleeve-like stomach. The post-op diet is very similar to that of a traditional sleeve. The Dr. expects me to reach my personal milestones in the first year.

I had an awesome bounce back recover.

Take a read at my blog (http://mission-no-fa...gspot.com/)...I post a few times a week with how I'm feeling, wheat I'm doing and eating. I also have a few pictures of the hospital room etc.

PM if you want specific details ...... best of luck, you'll love Dr. Corvala and Angeles Hospital.....the downside is that you don't have your surgeon in town to go to post-op visits, etc. But they have been awesome in answering my questions when I call....and I think I've called with random questions 1-2/week......:blushing:

MS LISA

Guru in Training

Posted August 4, 2010 - 5:00 PM

Hi thanks for the insite, ya I was going to have lap band done and than lady that I have been working with that works for Dr Corvala told me about this. It really sounds good to me cause I love pepsi and I was told there is less complications, like leaking and erosion and slippage like the lap band. I have only heard from 1 lady who has had it and she seems to be loosing weight and doing fine. I just wish that it wasnt a bran new surgery cause thats my biggest concern on how it will do after a few years and stuff.

MS LISA

Guru in Training

Posted August 4, 2010 - 10:57 PM

Ms Lisa:

There is a thread on this site about the Plication surgery...you can read up....

Total Gastric Vertical Plication Sleeve Surgery - Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery (VSG) Forum

I had Plication with Dr. Corvala on July 15th. I weigh in every Friday (trying to avoid becoming addicted to the scale) and as of last Friday I had lost 18lbs in 2 weeks.

The surgery leaves you a sleeve-like stomach. The post-op diet is very similar to that of a traditional sleeve. The Dr. expects me to reach my personal milestones in the first year.

I had an awesome bounce back recover.

Take a read at my blog (http://mission-no-fa...gspot.com/)...I post a few times a week with how I'm feeling, wheat I'm doing and eating. I also have a few pictures of the hospital room etc.

PM if you want specific details ...... best of luck, you'll love Dr. Corvala and Angeles Hospital.....the downside is that you don't have your surgeon in town to go to post-op visits, etc. But they have been awesome in answering my questions when I call....and I think I've called with random questions 1-2/week......:blushing:

Thank you for writing, i have a lot of questions for you if you dont mind can i email you? please email me my email is sisterlisa@live.com I would love to talk to you:001_smile:

nikki6055

Posted August 5, 2010 - 12:48 PM

dr almanza august 25th can't wait!!!!!
anyone else going to be in mexico?

MS LISA

Guru in Training

Posted August 5, 2010 - 1:43 PM

Congrats!! Let me know how it goes!!

nikki6055

Posted August 6, 2010 - 10:35 AM

august 25th!!!!!!!!!!! dr almanza ---------excited beyond words !!!!!!!! can't wait to start my new life!

Bestie

Posted August 26, 2010 - 5:43 PM

I had the sleeve with dr. almanza July 27th. Doing well, down 30 pounds!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates