Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll and Questions for those already Sleeved:

What is your hunger level NOW in comparison to Pre-Sleeve?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your hunger level NOW in comparison to Pre-Sleeve?

• I am between 96% hunger cured to 100% hunger cured.
    • I am between 90% hunger cured to 95% hunger cured.
    • I am between 80% hunger cured to 89% hunger cured.
    • I am between 70% hunger cured to 79% hunger cured.
    • I am between 50% hunger cured to 69% hunger cured.
    • I am between 26% hunger cured to 49% hunger cured.
    • I am between 1% hunger cured to 25% hunger cured.
    • I am 0% hunger cured.

here are my answers to your questions

I have a poll in regards to hunger suppression.

I have also created a few questions for those who have been sleeved at least more than a few months.

I have been thinking about a revision from band to sleeve for more than awhile now. I keep going back and forth with it. I won�t go into details right now with my band because maybe I�m just being a little selfish with my reasons, but that to me is really important right now. I�m not getting any younger and I just want something that actually will give me what is advertised!

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help out a bit� J I�m sure most of these questions have been asked a zillion times, but I�m going to start moving forward with this quickly and would like some �one-stop-shopping!� LOL

Questions:

1) How long have you been sleeved? i year, i was a band to sleeve revision

2) Who was your surgeon?dr aaron hoffman in buffalo, ny

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon?he is awesome

4) Would you recommend your surgeon?definitely

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date?35 lbs....i lost 70 with the band...im 10 lbs from my goal....20 from my drs goal

6) What type of sleeve do you have? i dint know there were diff types

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have?yessssssssss

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout?i exercise 5-7 days per week

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it?i stay within a five lb weight range

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�?i have problems with dense Protein. having a swallow study friday

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret?nothing

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice?id have the sleeve again

THANKS TO ALL!!!

POLL QUESTION:

I am between 96% hunger cured to 100% hunger cured.

I am between 90% hunger cured to 95% hunger cured.

I am between 80% hunger cured to 89% hunger cured.

I am between 70% hunger cured to 79% hunger cured.

I am between 50% hunger cured to 69% hunger cured.

I am between 26% hunger cured to 49% hunger cured.

I am between 1% hunger cured to 25% hunger cured.

I am 0% hunger cured.

1) How long have you been sleeved? 3 weeks

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Alami- SSF Kaiser

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? great bedside manor, thorough, and great follow up with questions-via e-mail.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? YES!

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 29#

6) What type of sleeve do you have? Good question...

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? I recommend Bariatric surgery, everyone is different...

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? YES.

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it?

not yet- currently loosing 1-2#/day

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�?

yes- soft foods, like deli meats, don;t agree with me..

ok any food at this point other than cottage cheese/yogurt makes me sick.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret?

no regrets... just wish I was in the 5% that could do it without surgery... and keep it off!

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice?

it's been a long hard struggle, yet, I have come a long ways... I'm half way to my goal in just over 17 weeks.

1) How long have you been sleeved? 5-25-11, almost 2 months

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Mario Almanza

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? Fantastic, attentive and caring.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Yes, for sure.

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? I have lost 53 lbs total and 34 since the surgery.

6) What type of sleeve do you have? VSG, A 32 BOUGIE SIZE.

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? It is good for me, everyone is different, you should discuss with your surgeon on what is best for you.

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? I am getting there, it is getting better every day. I never exercised before.

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? Only been sleeved 2 months, I cannot imagine a problem with the amount of food we eat now.

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? I have been very lucky, I have not had any issues, it has been a perfect recovery, just normal restriction.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? That I did not do it years ago.

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? I did a lot of research and I still feel this was the best choice.

post-63586-13813668424815_thumb.jpg

Questions:

1) How long have you been sleeved? 8 weeks

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Travis Goodnight

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon?. He Is great and wants to help people get healthy..

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Yes, in a Minute and have

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 45 lbs

6) What type of sleeve do you have? 32 fr. Bougie

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? Yes, I actually wish it was a little tighter..

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? Way more than I have had in the last 15 years

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? Still losing...

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? Not once yet, I drank some milk too fast one morning

and projectile vomited it right into the kitchen sink but

that's the only thing I have ever done.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? Not doing it sooner

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? On a minutes notice.

Questions.pdf

1)How long have you been sleeved? 4 weeks

2)Who was your surgeon? Dr. Matthew Goldblatt

3)What were your experiences with your surgeon? He is very thorough and has a pleasant bedside manner.

4)Would you recommend your surgeon? YES

5)How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 20 pounds

6)What type of sleeve do you have? vertical?

7)Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? yes

8)Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? absolutely

9)Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? haven't reached the point of maintaining

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? if I don't chew well enough, food will feel lodged and I feel miserable until it passes.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? so far, nothing.

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? i still have a lot of weight to lose, but right now i would tell you that i would do it again.

1)How long have you been sleeved? 4 weeks

2)Who was your surgeon? Dr. Matthew Goldblatt

3)What were your experiences with your surgeon? He is very thorough and has a pleasant bedside manner.

4)Would you recommend your surgeon? YES

5)How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 20 pounds

6)What type of sleeve do you have? vertical?

7)Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? yes

8)Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? absolutely

9)Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? haven't reached the point of maintaining

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? if I don't chew well enough, food will feel lodged and I feel miserable until it passes.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? so far, nothing.

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? i still have a lot of weight to lose, but right now i would tell you that i would do it again.

1) How long have you been sleeved? 18 months

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Ramiro "sonny" Cavazos, San Antonio, TX

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? Absolutely wonderful

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? definately

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 150 lbs

6) What type of sleeve do you have? if you talking about bougie size mine is 28/32F but it's just a normal sleeve

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? sure

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? I hate working out so i don't do it much, i find doing things like hiking, swimming, etc more fun, but i don't intentionally go to the gym for a workout.

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? no, but definately have to watch.

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? no

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? honestly, I don't have any regrets.

, or would you have made another choice? nope, this was the best choice.

1)How long have you been sleeved?

I was sleeved on May 13, 2011 so that makes it 3 months and 10 days.

2)Who was your surgeon?

Dr. Kelly in Tijuana, MX

3)What were your experiences with your surgeon?

He was great!

4)Would you recommend your surgeon?

Absolutely

5)How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date?

I've lost 45 lbs. total (10 pre-op).

6)What type of sleeve do you have?

I have no clue! It's cute though!

7)Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have?

Like I said, I don't know what type I have, but its cute!

8)Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout?

I haven't really exercised yet.............because I was finishing my degree while working OT with a family.

9)Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it?

I'm not done, but as of now no!

I did at first, but not anymore.

Not having it done sooner!

ABSOLUTELY!

I have only been sleeved for a month - almost, but already I've gotten prettier and prettier and younger and younger. What are you waiting for, Dearie...Dearie?

I have a poll in regards to hunger suppression.

?

I have also created a few questions for those who have been sleeved at least more than a few months.

I have been thinking about a revision from band to sleeve for more than awhile now. I keep going back and forth with it. I won�t go into details right now with my band because maybe I�m just being a little selfish with my reasons, but that to me is really important right now. I�m not getting any younger and I just want something that actually will give me what is advertised!

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help out a bit� J I�m sure most of these questions have been asked a zillion times, but I�m going to start moving forward with this quickly and would like some �one-stop-shopping!� LOL

Questions:

1) How long have you been sleeved?

2) Who was your surgeon?

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon?

4) Would you recommend your surgeon?

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date?

6) What type of sleeve do you have?

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have?

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout?

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it?

THANKS TO ALL!!!

POLL QUESTION:

I am between 96% hunger cured to 100% hunger cured.

I am between 90% hunger cured to 95% hunger cured.

I am between 80% hunger cured to 89% hunger cured.

I am between 70% hunger cured to 79% hunger cured.

I am between 50% hunger cured to 69% hunger cured.

I am between 26% hunger cured to 49% hunger cured.

I am between 1% hunger cured to 25% hunger cured.

I am 0% hunger cured.

I have only been sleeved for a month - almost, but already I've gotten prettier and prettier and younger and younger. What are you waiting for, Dearie...Dearie?

Oh I'm not waiting for anything. I've been sleeved almost a year and at goal... working on the goal after goal and plastics... LOL

1) How long have you been sleeved? 8 months

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Stewart

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? He is a good surgeon, but he is a sleeve and leave'em kind

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Not sure, yes for his surgical, but no for followup

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 119 #

6) What type of sleeve do you have? VSG

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? yes- size 30 bouge

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? yes

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? Not now

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? No

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? Not doing it sooner

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? Yes

1) How long have you been sleeved? it will b 7mths on the 17th

2)Who was your surgeon? Dr. Robert Farrell Bardstown ky

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? He is a great dr, and he has the best team available to you..

4)Would you recommend your surgeon? Absolutely

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 74lbs

6) What type of sleeve do you have? I cant remember the size, but its the norm!

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? Yes if I knew what it was

8)Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? I never really had energy, and i still get tired easy.. but i enough for a good workout.

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? So far I have not had any problems, except for a few lbs here n there. But as of right now the only weight ive gained is muscle!

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting “stuck”? No!

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? Nothing actually

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? Of course....

It has been almost a year now and here are my answers to these questions.

Questions:

1) How long have you been sleeved?

July 20 2011 - nalmost 1 year now

2) Who was your surgeon?

I had my sugery done in Mexico by Almanza.php" rel="external nofollow">Dr. Mario Almanza

Hospital Jerusalem

Via Rapida Poniente # 12500 Local 3

Col. Los Santos, Tijuana, B.C.

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? My husband had the same thing done at the same time and be both had no issue at all.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Yes, we we explaines to in broken english but they made sure someone explained to us what was going to happen.

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? My seld 125lbs and my husband 60+

6) What type of sleeve do you have? Just the sleeve-Sleeve gastrectomy 7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? Sleeve gastrectomy - From the bryan tx area I have all ready sent 4 people to have this done all with no issue at all.

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? It took at good 6 to 7 months to start getting the level of engerny back and now almost back to 100% you have to remember you losing weight really fast so you will lose a lot of you core strenght. so at 4 to 5 months start walking around the block or do something.

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? not at all. I eat all the time now only in very small quanity 10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? No but I promise you if you start eating solids to fast it will come back up and if you eat to much it will come back up. My nose starts running when I get full pay attenction to your body

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? Nothing, with in 6 months I had a normal blood presser reading for the 1st time in 30 years, so I'm good

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? No in a heart beet, should have done it early, I was told this and I truly believe this what make you think you are going to lose 100 lbs after you have that that weight on for 20+ years. Do you want to spend the next 20 years tring to loos it did you not just do that? Yea.. this was my only answer..

post-10859-13813658819231_thumb.jpg

I just ventured into this thread for the first time! I'm not quite ready to answer all of these questions but I plan on coming back at a year post op. I love all of the questions and answers! Maybe some more people will come in and answer the questions! There are so many sleevers here so I know if they just took a minute it would be awesome. It is so helpful and fun to read these!