Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll and Questions for those already Sleeved:

What is your hunger level NOW in comparison to Pre-Sleeve?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your hunger level NOW in comparison to Pre-Sleeve?

• I am between 96% hunger cured to 100% hunger cured.
    • I am between 90% hunger cured to 95% hunger cured.
    • I am between 80% hunger cured to 89% hunger cured.
    • I am between 70% hunger cured to 79% hunger cured.
    • I am between 50% hunger cured to 69% hunger cured.
    • I am between 26% hunger cured to 49% hunger cured.
    • I am between 1% hunger cured to 25% hunger cured.
    • I am 0% hunger cured.

1) How long have you been sleeved? Today is three-month surgiversary

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 38 lb so far, I'm slooooooowwwww

6) What type of sleeve do you have? Same: regular old sleeve (85 percent removed and stapled)

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? totally

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? yes, though I haven't been doing really hard workouts yet

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? not so far

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? never

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? nothing

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? I would definitely do it again.

I will be honest here! At a year out, I am more hungry now than I was in the previous months. IF I handle my sleeve totally correctly - not drink before, during or after meals - eat Protein first, etc - I still cannot eat very much at all. BUT, I have found that about 1 1/2 to 2 hours later, I want to eat again. Something, anything. And because of that I have started to pick up some bad habits again. Snacks! I am at goal - lost 101 lbs and haven't regained (other than 2-3 up and down pounds) weighing around 150-153.

Anybody else experienced this? Went through a bout with very low potassium and low blood sugar and still, at times, get that "shaky" feeling. I think some of this makes me "need" something quickly at times.

I TRULY do not want to regain or put myself in a position to recreate old habits. Anybody else battled this?

Questions:

1) How long have you been sleeved? Little over 7 months

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr Aceves (Wewt wewt)

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? Amazing

How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 80lbs

6) What type of sleeve do you have? 32f I believe

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? Oh yes

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? Yes, more than preop

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? I do bounce back up if I start eating crap again

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? If I eat too fast, yes

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? Not getting it 10 years ago

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? Nope, i'd do this one again

I will be honest here! At a year out, I am more hungry now than I was in the previous months. IF I handle my sleeve totally correctly - not drink before, during or after meals - eat Protein first, etc - I still cannot eat very much at all. BUT, I have found that about 1 1/2 to 2 hours later, I want to eat again. Something, anything. And because of that I have started to pick up some bad habits again. Snacks! I am at goal - lost 101 lbs and haven't regained (other than 2-3 up and down pounds) weighing around 150-153.

Anybody else experienced this? Went through a bout with very low potassium and low blood sugar and still, at times, get that "shaky" feeling. I think some of this makes me "need" something quickly at times.

I TRULY do not want to regain or put myself in a position to recreate old habits. Anybody else battled this?

I battle this all the time. I really don't get hungry, if I stay away from carbs. That does not stop me from wanting to eat though. It's mind over matter

sometimes!

This is good to know. I wonder how many actually do go back to feeling hunger again? Do you take a PPI? Just curious if this might have something to do with the hunger. If so, I will be afraid to not take it anymore. I'm waiting to make goal before weaning myself off it. My PCP said I should as I still get the acid bubbles from time to time even taking them to this day.

Agree with Daisy, it's definitely mind over matter! I still get cravings even though I don't have physical hunger... ugghhh!!!

Not too surprising, most of the people on this poll were sleeved by our wonderful dr. Avceves!

1) How long have you been sleeved? 8 months

2)Who was your surgeon?Dr Sonny Cavazos

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? Extremely professional and caring. Would recommend him and staff to anyone.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? In a heartbeat.

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 107lbs

6) What type of sleeve do you have? Vertical sleeve

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? Yes

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? I have to want to workout that takes alot of energy in itself. . but after i get going I feel great!

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? No

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting “stuck”? If I eat too fast or too much.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? There are days i wish i never did it, but mostly i'm glad i did.

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another Yes I would do it again.

No I don't take a ppi. Should I?

I am at 2 years now and I am still never hungry. I am still at goal.

The sleeve ROCKS!

1) How long have you been sleeved? 2 years

2)Who was your surgeon?Dr Cierny, Brno, Czech Republic

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? Totally recommend him and his staff.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Yes a million times!

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 123lbs

6) What type of sleeve do you have? Vertical sleeve, capacity 125-150cc

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? I do now but did not before VSG

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? No

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting “stuck”? Not stuck but sometimes it feels tight, a glass of wine relaxes my stomach now

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? Nothing!

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another Yes I would do it again.

Jane x

Questions:

1) How long have you been sleeved? almost 3 months

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Ryan Heider

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? Good, but I wish he would be more involved post surgery. I have been in twice...no blood work, just talked and looked at my incision.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Yes

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 40 pounds

6) What type of sleeve do you have? VSG

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? yes

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? sometimes

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? Not now

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�?

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? The cost.

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? I would have done it sooner

MY HUNGER IS GONE. If I go 4-5 hours without putting a little bit of Protein in my stomach - I feel the need to eat (kind of a blood surgar sag / hungry feeling)- but other than that - it's gone.

1) How long have you been sleeved? 3 1/2 months

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Nicholson from Plano, TX

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? HE IS GREAT!

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? ABSOLUTELY!

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 63 pounds

6) What type of sleeve do you have? Heck if I know - it works great.

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? Right now, I am anemic - so I get tired after 15 to 20 minutes. As my Iron levels get back to normal, I will get more stamina

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? Still losing- not the right person to ask

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? If I eat past the point of being satisfied/full - it is uncomfortable.(Did that once) Nothing has ever gotten stuck.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? Not doing it sooner - but my insurance just started accepting the sleeve - and I wouldn't want any other kind of WLS

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? Yes, I would do it again. I have no interest in getting banded, having a duodenal switch, or getting a bypass.

1) How long have you been sleeved? Over 9 months

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Brian Quebbemann of the NEW Program in Newport Beach, CA

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? With surgeon, great. Office...mostly good

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Only the best for me...and he is THE go to surgeon in bariatrics. He is clinical trial surgeon for the three big surgeies including, first lapriscopic bypass in US, first band placement and first spider VSG. You can see him on several TV shows over last 10 years but most recently is The Dr's show promoting VSG. He is the bariatric surgeon to the stars...who can afford only the best. If national media seeks his advice about bariatric procedures, medical companies seek his skills to improve bariatric procedures this concludes his is the best. Plus he is passonate about helping obese people improve their lives. Dr Q never once treated me like I was fat because I am lazy or undetermined. Bariatrics is not his profession but his entire life.

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 77 lbs - at goal in 5 months

6) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? Yes if I am eating correctly and well hydrated. My workouts are longer due to energy being higher level that prior to WLS

7) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? No, but I do fluxuate in weight by about 3 pounds

8) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? Rarely

9) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? Not asking more questions before surgery on this site

10) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice I made the right choice for me

Questions:

1) How long have you been sleeved? Almost 13 months

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Wade Barker (Dallas)

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? very good, he is so kind and his staff is exceptional.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? yes

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 124 lbs.

6) What type of sleeve do you have? VGS

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? indeed!

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? not initially but now, yes.

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? so far, so good. not rebound weight as of yet.

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? yes. I still have trouble with very dense Protein.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? that I didn't do it sooner.

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? even though I had complications and had buyers remorse in the beginning. I would to it again in a heartbeat. I know this was the right procedure for me. The more I have learned about different types of WLS, the more I am convinced that my choice was the right one.

Wish I could say with most everyone else that my hunger is gone. I had the plication so my grehlin isn't gone. I guess that makes all the difference. I am hungry at least every 2-3 hours. If I eat the Protein I'm fine. If I eat carbs, hungry much sooner. Its' been just about 12 months for me.

Questions:

1) How long have you been sleeved? Almost 13 months

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Wade Barker (Dallas)

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? very good, he is so kind and his staff is exceptional.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? yes

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 124 lbs.

6) What type of sleeve do you have? VGS

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? indeed!

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? not initially but now, yes.

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? so far, so good. not rebound weight as of yet.

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? yes. I still have trouble with very dense Protein.< /p>

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? that I didn't do it sooner.

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? even though I had complications and had buyers remorse in the beginning. I would to it again in a heartbeat. I know this was the right procedure for me. The more I have learned about different types of WLS, the more I am convinced that my choice was the right one.