Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cost of vertical sleeve

My daughter, Julie6 on this website, had the sleeve plication in July for just $7000 including 3 nights in a great hospital. A very positive experience with Dr. Corvala.

Sharon

I paid 6.5k in August in TJ Mexico. That included 2 nights at facility and 2 nights post op in a hotel that connected to facility.

I paid 16,000 for an excellent Dr. in San Fran. Drs jossart and Cirangle have a practice there, very easy and great care provided.

I was send the bill for my surgery and it was $350,000.00 plus. I was thankful that my insurance paid for it.

Escapesunshine, that was a blessing your insurance paid for it but do you mind telling me why the bill was so high? Was this vertical sleeve surgery? Did you have serious complications?

Sharon

I had no complications at all. I was very lucky I just pulled out the bill and the total was $38982.40, this is what was listed for the services Private Room, Drugs, Med/Surg Supplies, Laboratory Services, X-Ray Services, Operating Room, Anesthesia Supplies, Inhalation Therapy, Drugs, Recovery Room, Diag. Medical Exam.

I had no complications at all. I was very lucky I just pulled out the bill and the total was $38982.40, this is what was listed for the services Private Room, Drugs, Med/Surg Supplies, Laboratory Services, X-Ray Services, Operating Room, Anesthesia Supplies, Inhalation Therapy, Drugs, Recovery Room, Diag. Medical Exam.

LOL your earlier post says 350,000. I think it was the typo that made her inquire on what the heck was going on for that to be the amount of the bill. :tongue_smilie:

The self-pay price for my surgeon in Denver is $20,000.

Sorry about the typo on the $$ amount.

Dr. Ryan Heider near Charlotte, NC charges $12,800 for the surgeon fee, hospital fee, anesthesia fee and one year of followup. BLIS insurance available.

$15,500 self pay for Alexandria, Louisiana. This includes all pre-op, counsling sessions and visits with him for 1 year and I met with him 3 times before I decided to schedule the surgery.

Hi all.

I just got this email from a local bariatric center:

"Thank you for your interest in our program. The estimated cost of the Sleeve Gasterectomy is $35,300 . This price includes all of your pre-surgical appointments, the surgeons fee, the anesthesia fee, the hospital fee, BLIS insurance (insurance coverage for 90 days following your surgery), and one year follow-up with your surgeon...."

She goes on to give me some names of places that might finance me.

Am I crazy or does this sound exceptionally high?? I was under the impression that the surgery would be under $10,000 but I can rarely get anyone to tell me how much they paid.

Could I get someone to give me some help in this??

Thanks, apples

Dr. James Davidson in Dallas - A center of excellence, $12,510, that's two nights in a private hospital that is like a hotel. (this is for cash pay) Great care, I highly recommend him, but HE is not the only good doctor in the Dallas area for a price similar to this. Here is a link to his web site.

http://www.bscdallas.com/index.html

My doctor was $14,200 for self pay. It included everything except the blood work and EKG prior to surgery. All follow up appointments are included up to one year post surgery. He has an office in Nacogdoches TX and Houston. Dr. Clifton Thomas. He's a really sweet person and gives all his patients his cell number so they never have to panic. That gave me a lot of comfort right after surgery when I was freaking out about every little new sensation lol.

I paid 8750 for the surgery in Mexico with the "A Team" and it was worth that much x 100 over. I had researched the surgery here in the US also it seems the closer to the border you get teh lower the price. I had a quote for 12000 in TX by a very good surgeon and I believe 1400 in Cali. I ended up spending about 10k with airline tickets for my mom and I and other stuff like shakes, vits, meds, food there and back for her and me.