Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Amen:crying:...this site is a support group to me and I originally wrote this post for support, and to help others that may be feeling the same way. I sincerely apologize for offending anyone:crying:. Luv you all...

No offense, we're here to support each other and this was a good question. Problem is you can't hear the meaning behinds words that are typed, kwim? So don't fret. Now, I hope all goes well today and keep us posted! My pre-op appt is the 27th, getting excited for it get here! Praying for all my sisters (and brothers) in Christ :scared0:

Yes Cleosan, emails are very difficult as I can write a work one with the words in a light tone in my head and then when my husband reads it his head voice has a sarcy tone!! Maybe I should just talk to him as he does sit 6 foot away from me most of the time while we are in the office, it's just I have such a shocking memory email gives me an audit trail and I can prove I told him stuff!

Jane x

... it's just I have such a shocking memory email gives me an audit trail and I can prove I told him stuff!

Jane x

Sounds like our household! :001_tt2:

Wow! How quickly things change. This was a thread I left on my subscriptions because it was positive and uplifting.

I too believe in "free speech", but I also believe in "if you can't say something nice, don't say nutin' at all". We should all be able to share our thoughts - even differences of opinions in a nice, non-confrontational way. Can we get back to that?

I mean this in the nicest way, but I think you are being over-sensitive. Adults don't have to sugar coat everything when they talk to each other. I'd rather hear someone's true opinion than some watered down "polite" version that hides their true feelings. I don't see a problem with open discussion.

Wow, I have no idea what the debate was about. What does God have to do with WLS or VSG? Well as a "christian" i believe ALL parts of our lives are God's and we should seek counsel through the holy spirit before we just leap. We know God's love is infinite and he loves us as we are, he certainly doesn't care about our looks heck he created us. So to have this surgery there are a lot of spiritual questions and concerns and I am having a tough time right now because I know my decision was out of vanity and it eats me up. I am afraid I did this all on my own and maybe even there were signs that I was not supposed to do it but as a stubborn stupid human I did it anyways and now that I am in recovery I am so afraid that gods hand is not in this and I just may end up with complications (possible staph infection currently in one of my incisions). So for me, ya god should be involved in every decision we make in our lives.

I am praying and trying to make my heart feel right for doing this. Anyone who would offer a prayer up for me and my healing feel free to do so.

Perfect song, LizaJane! (and one of my favs too!) I agree with all of you - we started the year off with a Daniel 21 day fast in our church and during that time I read the book by Jentzen Franklin on fasting. He talked about gaining victory of "King Stomach." I debated for the last 3 years whether or not do so this - I would lose 30, 40, 50 pounds (and could usually do it quickly) and then over a period of months regain it all. When I found my Mom on her floor on Christmas Day after having a severe stroke and lost her within a few hours, my mind was made up.

I believe God directs our steps and shines a light on our path each day. I truly feel that He directed me to VSG and made the way open quickly for me in a period of weeks. My husband agreed with me completely (and hadn't been much in favor previously) and I sailed through the surgery.

Thank God for His mercy in spite of ourselves. You will do great!!!!

NannyG thank you so much for your post. I"ve heard so much about that book by Jentzen Franklin. I totally need to get it.

P.s. I'm so sorry for your precious loss:sad0:

Wow, I have no idea what the debate was about. What does God have to do with WLS or VSG? Well as a "christian" i believe ALL parts of our lives are God's and we should seek counsel through the holy spirit before we just leap. We know God's love is infinite and he loves us as we are, he certainly doesn't care about our looks heck he created us. So to have this surgery there are a lot of spiritual questions and concerns and I am having a tough time right now because I know my decision was out of vanity and it eats me up. I am afraid I did this all on my own and maybe even there were signs that I was not supposed to do it but as a stubborn stupid human I did it anyways and now that I am in recovery I am so afraid that gods hand is not in this and I just may end up with complications (possible staph infection currently in one of my incisions). So for me, ya god should be involved in every decision we make in our lives.

I am praying and trying to make my heart feel right for doing this. Anyone who would offer a prayer up for me and my healing feel free to do so.

I'm so happy we serve a God who is full of mercy, grace, and forgiveness, and He is also our healer. He is our refuge and strength in times of trouble. Praying for your healing.

I mean this in the nicest way, but I think you are being over-sensitive. Adults don't have to sugar coat everything when they talk to each other. I'd rather hear someone's true opinion than some watered down "polite" version that hides their true feelings. I don't see a problem with open discussion.

NOW HERES A TRUE AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so totally agree that we are not here to kiss butt, but to support and help, and if that means some toes are going to get stepped on, then so be it! You totally rock Donna!:biggrin0:

Ignoring top post for my peace of mind, lol. To the real matter at heart...our sisters and my self struggling on this journey and trying to edify one another. mp8btpc,

Praying for you, dear heart. He is the great physician, Jehovah- Rapha, "God our Healer". Praying healing for you body and peace for your mind. He loves us unconditionally, no matter what our decisions are. Here are two of the many scriptures that I hold close to my heart during this journey. :biggrin0:

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2Timothy 1:7

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6

Ignoring top post for my peace of mind, lol. To the real matter at heart...our sisters and my self struggling on this journey and trying to edify one another. mp8btpc,

Praying for you, dear heart. He is the great physician, Jehovah- Rapha, "God our Healer". Praying healing for you body and peace for your mind. He loves us unconditionally, no matter what our decisions are. Here are two of the many scriptures that I hold close to my heart during this journey. :)

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2Timothy 1:7

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6

AMEN!!!! AMEN!!! AMEN!!! Love you sis!!!

I don't think it's sugar coating. It's encouraging and being kind to one another. And showing God's love to one another. God is love :-)

I John 4:8

8 But anyone who does not love, does not know God, for God is love.

I Corinthians 13:4-7 and 13

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

Edited by sleeve 4 me
add

mp8btpc,

I'll be praying for you as well, Sister.

AniO

I don't need the Bible quoted at me because I have a different opinion than you. You should be able to handle that, as I handle your opinion. It just looks so darn self-righteous. Didn't Jesus say not to parade your righteousness, and when you pray, to do so in a closet, and not for the approval of others?

Peace in Jesus. My relationship with him may be different from yours. There is no one way.

and I have to add--Jesus kicked ass and took names in the Temple--he wasn't loving the moneychangers. Sometimes the real world is more complicated than "love" and tough love often does more good than unconditional love--which comes from God, not other people. We're human here.