Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ARGGGG... its just one thing after another. Lets just hope the fever thing is minor!!!!! Thanks for the update

Stacey

I sure hope so, she went through 2 procedures in 2 days, both with anestesia, so I'm trying to get her to move around a bit and the blood test results will tell us alot....regarding the white blood cell count.

How is it going today? My heart is breaking that you have to go through so much just trying to get healthy. I know everyone here is praying for your wife and will continue to do so.

Glad to hear it! :scared0:

Hey Champ

Just checking in.... are you guys home???? Hows she doing????

We've been home for a week now, she is getting better and better everyday, we just called the doctor today to see about getting the feeding tube and stent removed. Things are going good now.

I'm so glad to hear it. I cant wait for the day that you post that your wife loves her new body and her sleeve. I imagine she has already lost a significant amount. A new and healthy life is waiting for both of you.

that is awesome news. so glad things are going so much better for both of you!!

My wife had the feeding tube removed on Monday, that was the last hurdle regarding the leak. She still has some abdominal pain from the 2nd surgery. But she is moving around great and doing a little more each day. So from the date of the initial surgery, she is down 50lbs, although alot of it was from not being able to eat at all during that time. Thank you to everyone for your support and if anyone ever comes across someone posting about a leak, I consider myself well versed now, so I'd love to lend support/advice as well.

I am so glad to hear she has made progress and is getting better. Bless you both.

Hey Champ......

I was just wondering how everything is now. I'm sure she is well on her way to recovery. I was thinking of you and your family and was hoping to hear good news.

Wow, I can't even tell you how similar your story sounds to mine. I got surgery 8/1/11 and have had one problem after another. First it was a fever spike that showed a massive abdominal hematoma, then severe diarrhea that showed a massive pelvic hematoma. My original surgeon (Dr. Trace Curry in Cincinnati) always seemed like he had no idea what to do or how to do it and often seemed like he thought if he just ignored the problem it would go away. After my third hospital stay and after office visits that were never handled well, we opted to get a second opinion. SUCH a difference. First of all, I've hardly eaten in six weeks (something Dr. Curry's office just kept saying "You need to get more protein." DUH) and I even REQUESTED a pic line and home health nurse (which they said I couldn't have). My new doctor had a PIC line and home health care set up within two days of my first visit with him. I got fluids on days three and four and then IV nutrition since I can't eat anything and can hardly drink without gagging constantly. In four days I will be up to 1500 or so calories (more than I've had in a day since this past May!). As soon as I am well enough my new doc is going to go in and wash out my abdominal cavity since my drains are currently draining straight green. After that he is going to see what needs to be done. There is no official leak (they've checked by CT scan and Fluoroscopy) but the doctor feels like I am acting like I have a leak. I have had constant high heart rate (resting at 120 since surgery) and a constant slight fever. Anyway, I mostly want you to know you are not alone in your struggle and that my husband (who has been my hero) has struggled with the fear, stress, exhaustion.