Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2010 Sleevers!

Hi Everyone,

Although it is now May, I am starting this thread as I didn't see one for April yet.

I had my surgery 26th April so I barely fit into this month.

Anyone who has had their surgery in April 2010 is welcome to come and share their journey on this thread.

I thought it might be nice to journey alongside others who are more or less encountering the same issues.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

I have changed my name from Bookleen to Booklean!

Booklean

Hi Booklean.. I was sleeved on 12th of April..I am on mushies stage..So far lost 20lbs..Yes, I hit the infamous stall juz one week post-op and till now the scale hasn't moved yet..But i'm not worried,I know this phase too shall pass..I love my sleeve coz I'm not neither hungry nor thirsty..How abt u? And what r u having now?..

Hi Roja,

I am on pureed foods and enjoying my food well enough. I am also drinking Protein Shakes.< /p>

I intend to weigh myself every Sunday morning only.

I think 20 lbs is good....I know you think you have stalled, but I have never lost 20lbs in any month.

My abdomen is still swollen and my trousers are still too tight.

I am napping alot throughout the day.

Otherwise I am good.

booklean

hello! I was sleeved on 4/28/10. I am doing much better now that I am 8 days out. Crazy as it sounds I have lost 20 lbs. (4 preop, 16 postop). I am still on the clears stage. Love sugar-free koolaid! I am excited to keep up with other sleevers from April 2010. Can't wait to read about everyones journey.

I am 3.5 weeks out and left side of my abdomen is still swollen..Thou my scales aren't moving,i'm losing inches around my hip,waist and finally i can see my neck which i didn't see 4 more than a decade..LOL..Got My one month checkup on Saturday..Lets see what his scales r gonna say and whether my food is gonna change..Keep u guys updated..

Guest NiceGirl

Hello!

I was sleeved on April 7th and I am not having the easiest time with it. Sad, but true.

Anyway my surgeon has me on basically regular food now with Protein Shakes to supplement my Protein. I'm supposed to get between 70 and 90 grams of protein per day and I am definitely not meeting my goal. My problem is that everything I eat gives me heartburn with a few exceptions (sugar-free popsicles/canned protein drinks). I am on prevaicd for the heartburn, supplemented with pepcid-but I'm still hvaing a tough time.

I have only eaten fish/seafood and dairy as my protein sources for several years now-but now I seem to be lactose intolerant, too. So my food choices are dwindling before my eyes.

I have lost 19 pounds to date (surgery was 1 month ago) and feel underwhelmed by the loss. BUT I have to admit that I do not exercise and I think that is a huge hurdle for me to overcome. I just purchased a great treadmill and it is sitting right in front of the big screen tv-so it's ready for me. I'm just not ready for it. LOL!

I started seeing an LMHC last week to help me deal with losing my best friend (food). He has suggested meditation, which I am well-versed in, and that has helped me more than anything else. I go back to see him today.

My goal today is get in my 100 ozs of liquid, since I have not done a good job with that and I believe I am beginning to suffer from dehydration.

Wish me luck!!

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy weekend:biggrin0:.

I was sleeved by Dr. Alvarex on April 9th. Today is 4 weeks out for me. I have been very fortunate and have had no issues. I am able to get plenty of liquid in. 9 days post op I was taken off of my 2 blood pressure pills!! I was also diagnosed with diabetes 12/09 and that seems to be gone too. I am on soft foods now and will start regular food in 2 days. I am down 39 pounds. 16 of that was on the 2 week pre-op diet. I walk 3 miles a day unless I am working the night shift. I am really happy with my results so far and look forward to getting to my goal in a few months.

Hi, I was sleeved on April 29th, 2010 in Houston, I had my 1 week post op and have lost 14 lbs, It was a much easier surgery than I thought it would be, now on to the mushies and livin sleeved.Yay!!!Carla:lol0:

Hey, I was sleeved April 8 in San Francisco.

Los 20 pounds. Difficult first few weeks but now a month out I feel really good.

Tired at night though and still take naps during the day when I am able to.

Beginning solid foods which isn't saying much but it's good to eat Protein and feel full again. Not having to drink so much all the time.

I walk 40 minutes a day and am going to begin going to the gym on monday..tomorrow yiiikes...I'm enjoying this part of the journey. Going out to dinner with family tonight for mother's day. Probably won't be able to eat anything but 1/4 cup of protein. That's weird but that's my life right now.

Happy mother's day April Sleevers...Seaview

Hi everybody....April 28th here.

I haven't really had any problems either and I'm getting in plenty of fluids and lots of Proteins from the Protein Shakes.

I haven't started on anything else yet although I can now how thin creamed Soups, sf pudding, and yogurt.

Can't figure out how any of those things is going to help me nutritionally....so I'm just kinda confused in general.

Oh well...I'll figure it out eventually!

Good luck to all of you...and I'm so thankful for these boards and all of you..it's so nice to have other people going through the same hurdles to talk to!

Hey Peeps,

I was sleeved on Arpil 12th and lost 21 lbs although it seems such a small loss im grateful since i yo-yo at 216 to 211 all last year ,today I am at 195 and hope that soon my weight loss will be noticeable. I haven't had any problems and I work out at the gym everyday (walking on the treadmill) I am on mushies but at times I go back to the protien drinks if I feel I didn't meet my required amount. Luck to all and Happy Mother's Day!

Hey y'all!!!

I was sleeved on the 19th and I feel great!!! On mushies right now but Monday I start on fish and I can even have cheese...I like many others are still basically doing liquids cuase mushy food is not appealing to me at all, in fact it grosses me out....anyhoo, I loving my sleeve. I weighed myself at my last appointment on 04/30/2010 and I lost 25 pounds.......yay!!! I'm just praying that the fat continue to melt off of me, losing weight has never been a problem for me, I just could never keep it off so we'll see...I am praying the best possible outcome for everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there.

blessings,

Val

Good Morning Everyone,

Good to hear from you all.

I am also pleased with my progress although it seems a lot less than anyone else. I suppose it is important to learn from the very beginning that we are all different and will repond differently as to how we shed this weight.

I am on day 13 but am calling it week 2 as I have decided to make Sunday my weekly weigh-in.

The first week I lost 7 lbs, and last week I lost a further 4 lbs.

My abdomen was initially very distended and I was unable to wear any of my normal clothes, but now I am back to approx normal. Despite having lost that 11 lbs I cannot notice where the weight has come off.

I did not do a pre-op diet.

I am making home made Soups and supplementing them with unflavoured Protein Powder. I like those OK. I am also drinking flavoured Protein Shakes and beginning to detest them all. I love scrambled eggs mixed with cottage cheese, custard with pureed apple or indeed any fruit and also porridge supplemented with the Protein powder. This week I intend to cook turkey and chicken and liquidise it with the Soup instead of the protein powder.

I am getting my 70 grams protein per day and also varying between 500 and 800 KCals per day. I love to drink tea and herbal teas to get my Fluid as I sometimes find cold Water hard to drink.

I am still tired and like to have a nap during the day.

This post is getting long so I will continue writing in another one.

Booklean

Hello Everyone,

It's me again!

I wish all you "April Sleevers" the very best of Good Luck on this change of lifestyle and weight loss journey.

Roja; Just wondering how your Saturday appointment went?

GirlyGirl;Your weight loss is impressive. Congrats.

NiceGirl; I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with heartburn and lactose intolerance. I take Nexium 20mgs twice a day and I believe this is helping me. I changed from Zantac and feel much better. Have you tried the alpro range of drinks and yoghurts? They are soya based and tasty.

Kelly G ; I am delighted that you no longer need your BP medication and that your DM is improved. That is truly sensational in such a short time.

Cwalker; You are 3 days behind me and seem to be doing Oh so well. That's encouraging and your weight loss of 14 lbs is enviable too!

Seaview; Good Luck to you as you join your new gym.

Goodlife; Good to hear that you are having no problems. Keep up the good work!

slebme; I am impressed with your daily visit to the gym. You are a good example to the rest of us.

Valleygirl; Your weight loss of 25lbs since 19th is only phenominal! Well Done!

It seems we have become a nice little group, and we still welcome any more "April Sleevers" to come along and share this exciting journey. The more the merrier!

May we all have a very enjoyable, exciting and successful new direction in life.

Regards,

Booklean

Hi everyone!!!

So glad to see all of ur posts.. Nicegirl.. I am so sorry that ur having some problems wid the sleeve.. Don't worry.. It will get better.. My surgeon warned me too abt the lactose intolerance and heart-burns.. He told me that all these problems go away after sometime... Don't lose ur confidence...We all are here to help u out of this situation...

@Slebme...I was thinking abt u.. U and I share the same date.. and i am so happy that u r doing well.. and a very big thumbsup:thumbup: for u for having started to exercise..Well, 2day I am gonna get onto my treadmill and start exercising...Lets see how it goes...

I had my 1 month post-op (thou 2 days more for a month) consultation wid my surgeon... I had lost a total of 16kgs (35.2lbs) that includes 5 kgs (11 lbs) pre-op... Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... I am suuuperr duppperrrr happyy ;)... My surgeon too is happy wid my progress and now he gave me a green signal to go to soft foods like eggs, super cooked chicken, fish etc... I will be on soft foods for a week and then back to my regular foods...

2day i had an omelete made of 1 egg white for Breakfast... and tasted sooo good... Had no problems in getting it down either...For lunch i had 1 slice of chicken mortadella with a spoon of low fat melted mozarella cheese and i cud only have half of it... By then I was full... Can u believe it..:)... half a slice of that meat and I'm full... I love myyyyyy sleeve..... I am actually loving this stage...I don't take any antacids... I just take my multi-Vitamin (centrum) and a Calcium (ostocare) tablet daily...

I sincerely pray that each one of us have all the success wid our sleeve..and that i keep hearing all the positives from u all..God bless...

Keep giving us updates....

Love,

Roja