Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Sleevers

Hey everyone-I'm a newbie. I jsut received my date of Nov. 2nd. I'm getting nervous. Every time I've read these forums and have seen people ''chicken" out, or say they were nervous, I would think- how could you??! Now, as my date approaches, I get it. I'm definitely starting to get cold feet!

NOT ME.... I'm as ready as I can be, I'm not scared at all, I'm excited, and there is NO WAY I'm backing out of something that is going to change my life in so many ways. Why would anyone back out, I don't get it..... When I found out about this procedure, I started making plans to get it done. This is the best thing that could happen for me. A way to loose weight permanently !!!! No falling off the wagon, will power be damned!

I have NO pre-op diet at all. Maybe because I (as these gals say) am a "light weight"...I was REAL happy about not dieting.

I'm having my surgery in the States, I have complete confidence in my Doctor. I've never had any problems with any surgery I've ever had. I've had 2 C-sections, and a hysterectomy. Came through with flying colors...no problems at all. I'm ready FREDDIE!!!!

Judy, I was the same way. No nerves at all, surgery day couldn't get here fast enough for me.

Oh, don't get me wrong- I'm READY, excited, etc- but nervous for the here-on-after part. I think it's all the lifestyle changes that I'll have to make. Also, my hubby is deploying the following week, so I'll be doing it on my own. But as he says- think POSITIVE. I'm excited for you Judy, and so happy that you're ready to go!

Oh, don't get me wrong- I'm READY, excited, etc- but nervous for the here-on-after part. I think it's all the lifestyle changes that I'll have to make. Also, my hubby is deploying the following week, so I'll be doing it on my own. But as he says- think POSITIVE. I'm excited for you Judy, and so happy that you're ready to go!

We'll be here for you. My husband was deployed during my surgery, and I made it.

Plus, we decided that he wanted my progress to be a surprise. I only sent him 3 "face" pictures while he was gone. At the homecoming, he looked at me, looked away and kept walking because he didn't recognize me ! ! ! It was amazing to see his jaw drop. He just got home 3 weeks ago. I went from a size 22/24W to a loose regular 16 upon his arrival at the airport.

If you need or want a deployment buddy, or someone to vent to, or just be there for you, I'll be more than happy to share my contact information.

That would be great Tiffy- this is our first deployment together, and I know it's going to be tough. I know I could use all the support I can get.

I bet him not even recognizing you made you feel so good! I can't wait for that. After 12 months of being apart, he's gonna have a whole new wife (hopefully!)

That would be great Tiffy- this is our first deployment together, and I know it's going to be tough. I know I could use all the support I can get.

I bet him not even recognizing you made you feel so good! I can't wait for that. After 12 months of being apart, he's gonna have a whole new wife (hopefully!)

This was our first deployment together as well. So, I know how tough it can be. I agree with your husband, think positive, and for me, my recovery kept me distracted from him being gone. We managed great through the deployment. I'll send you a message with my contact information phone, AIM, email and so forth.

I know deployments suck, but keeping busy is the key in my opinion. You'll do great, and like I said, we'll all be right here with you.

This board was a lifesaver for me while he was gone, and my main form of support because we are away from family and friends. The members here kept me sane, and focused on my recovery.

Judy, I was the same way. No nerves at all, surgery day couldn't get here fast enough for me.

I see this as an oppertunity of a life time, and I'm takin' it. I can't wait to start a life of optimism. To see actual results, to be encouraged everyday, to know my life will get better with every day

that passes. What's not to LOVE !!!! I'm gonna be HOT again !!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!

You'll be fine honey....you have a goal....to be the best you can be for your hubby when he comes home. Yes it will be major changes in my eating habits, but that's the whole point....my eating habits SUCK!!!! that is why I'm a tube of lard, because I can't control my

portions, I"m a food addict. I need this, for my future, to have a future. Look at is as a blessing....and stay possitive, and we will ALL be her for you !!!! Hope i didn't make you feel bad, never meant to do that.....I'm a purdy tender hearted gal, and I would never want to hurt your feelin's. HUGS

Oh goodness no! Your enthusiasm is infectious! Your response kind of helped kick my out of my pre-surgical "funk". Thanks to everyone. Only 7 days!

Hi I'm new to this and not quite sure what to do my surgery date is November 17th. Just looking for some support and information, for after the surgery.

So how is everyone feeling? The date is approaching quickly for all of us. I am counting down the days (21 days)....I am excited..but scared. I guess those feelings are all normal. My husband is coming with me so that is very comforting. I am too start the pre-opt diet 7 days prior to my procedure but I am trying to start it now. Today actually...so hopefully this won't be difficult. I am thinking anything to help make this surgery a success I am all for. I really need to shrink my liver. I have a BMI of 43.

I am hoping my family doctor will provide a note for me to have the time off work afterwards. I have an appointment with him after I return home. I work on salary so I need a medical note. Anyways....I must say that I really appreciate all the support I get from this site...I love it! I would never have been able to go through this alone without everyone's knowledge and support!

Dr Aceves will give you a letter for your employer for the time off if you ask. I requested two weeks, so was on "mushies" by the time I went back to work. That gave me a bit more energy. Good luck to you!

Hi I'm new to this and not quite sure what to do my surgery date is November 17th. Just looking for some support and information, for after the surgery.

Paula - you will find all kinds of support and information here. Check out various posts - like the recipe section, the rate your Protein, etc. Also, check out the thread entitled Dr. Aceves' Information -- even if you're not using Dr. Aceves for your surgery, it gives a good idea of what to take to the hospital and what to eat following surgery -- broken down by days out from surgery - it's quite helpful. Any questions, just ASK!

hi newmom, Im having mine done November 17th so we had a turkey dinner in October with my family. I'm on my 3rd day of my liquid diet and am getting a little nervous, but won't chicken out been waiting for this for over a year.

Welcome Paula! That's a good idea about turkey, I didn't even think of that!

I can't believe I am 19 days away! EEP.

Ruby, I think you may be the first November sleever? Please give us an update when you get back online! Hope you are doing great.

Hey everyone-

I sort of fell off this thread but I'm back! My surgery went smooooooooooooth. I had it done at an army hospital on Monday, and was sent home Tuesday night because I was recovering so quickly. Thank God, because I hate hospitals. I was definitely nervous going in, but I was in the OR and knocked out in two shakes of a lambs tail. I spent the entire first day/night in the ICU. I couldn't have anything to drink until the following afternoon. I got up and walked as soon as my vitals stabalized a little. There was definitely some discomfort. But nothing unmanagable, and they were great with controlling my nausea- I had NONE! It was such an awesome experience. Since Monday, I've lost 7 inches, and 18 lbs. I have no hunger, and have to remind myself to eat. They sent me home on full liquids, and I've done OKAY on those. I think milk is giving me some serious problems. So, I've regressed back to clears. My wounds are mostly healed, and I'm back in the gym. I walked my dog for an hour weds (that was over doing it a little), went to the gym on thurs and walked for 30 mins (again, a little too much), and went again today for 30 mins, and felt AMAZING!!! I haven't taken any pain medication since Weds.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any questions, and I'm so excited for you guys! You're gonna be so amazed at how fast everything changes.

-Ruby

Edited by RubyTuesday