Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Sleevers

Hi I am being sleeved by Dr Aceves on November 23! No turkey for me this year. Anyone else a November sleever?

Hi Newmom and Kris! I will be getting sleeved on November 10. With Dr. Aceves as well. I wish you both the best!

Kris -

I wanted to welcome you to VST - and let you know we are happy to have you join the forum and will look forward to following your progress. Best wishes on your surgery in November -- are you having it done by Dr. Aceves?

Hi...

and thanks!..Yes..I am headed to San Diego on Nov. 17th with my love..Our flight gets in from NJ too late to have preop so tests will be on the 18th and surgery on the 19th.

After following my insurance rules to the letter for 4 1/2 months..came to the conclusion that if I wanted the surgery within the next 8 months I was going to be self pay. So here I go!

I would love to know what you brought with you to make things easier...I've heard gas-x strips, heating pad...

I am counting the days!

Kris

This is the list that Nina sent me:

Pajamas, the nurses and doctors will be checking your incisions so you might

be more comfortable in your own pajamas than the hospital gowns, however,

hospital gowns are provided if you prefer.

Non skid slippers, thongs, or slip on shoes of some sort. The hospital

floors are very clean and waxed, so you'll want non-skid. It will be sore

to bend over so you won't want to tie shoe laces so slip on shoes are

easier.

A favorite robe, many times it is comforting to have a favorite robe.

Computer - if you have a laptop you are welcome to bring it. The hospital

and hotel are set up with wireless internet connection. Any of Dr. Aceves'

staff can give you the password at the hospital. You do not need a password

in the hotel.

Cell phone - Most cell phones work well in the hospital, if your phone does

not work most of the staff will loan you their phone.

The electrical system is the same in Mexico as the US so you do not need a

converter for your hair dryer, computer, or cell phone charger.

Shampoo - this is provided by the hospital but many prefer their own brands

so they prefer to bring their own.

Book or other reading material. You will not likely feel like reading the

day of surgery but you might the day after surgery.

Loose fitting clothing to wear coming home. You will likely feel a bit

bloated after surgery so bring a sweat suit or something very loose fitting

and comfortable for your ride home from the hospital.

I do not suggest bringing much cash with you. Unless you want to do a

little shopping the day before your surgery there is no need for much cash.

You will want to purchase dinner the night before surgery and $25.00 per

person will cover that easily, less for most restaurants. If you want to

have access to cash then credit cards are a safer alternative. You will not

need to convert US dollars to pesos, you can use US dollars for your

companion in the hospital cafeteria and all businesses around Mexicali if

you choose to do a little shopping

I also took my own pillow and am very happy I did - the ones at the hospital are small and hard.

Your love can stay with you in your room - the couches are very comfortable - so he might want to bring his own pillow too.

The heating pad was very important to me. The gas-x not so much.

If you have any other questions, ask away -- there are lots of us on here that had Dr. Aceves as their surgeon and will answer any questions you, your love, or your family may have - you are in for a wonderful experience on your journey to your new healthier life!

So how is everyone feeling? The date is approaching quickly for all of us. I am counting down the days (21 days)....I am excited..but scared. I guess those feelings are all normal. My husband is coming with me so that is very comforting. I am too start the pre-opt diet 7 days prior to my procedure but I am trying to start it now. Today actually...so hopefully this won't be difficult. I am thinking anything to help make this surgery a success I am all for. I really need to shrink my liver. I have a BMI of 43.

I am hoping my family doctor will provide a note for me to have the time off work afterwards. I have an appointment with him after I return home. I work on salary so I need a medical note. Anyways....I must say that I really appreciate all the support I get from this site...I love it! I would never have been able to go through this alone without everyone's knowledge and support!

I'm actually feeling very impatient!

I just printed off a Nov and Dec calendar and wrote the parts of the post op diet on it. highlighted the days I start each! I am never really organized but it was helpful (and a bit intimidating) to see it all laid out on paper.

I have been buying Protein powder and a few other things. I am excited about the Naked drinks someone else brought up on here. I can't have too many artificial sweeteners so that will be a good option once I can have them (full liquids?).

I still need to buy Crystal Light, Propel, etc. Would G2 work instead of Propel? Does anyone know?

Yes, November 19. Just got my surgery date. I am so excited. I have researched each night and just can't wait to have it done. I have a friend that had the bypass done but she really looks pale and has problems with reflux, etc. Do you have a date yet? :001_wub:

Hey everyone-I'm a newbie. I jsut received my date of Nov. 2nd. I'm getting nervous. Every time I've read these forums and have seen people ''chicken" out, or say they were nervous, I would think- how could you??! Now, as my date approaches, I get it. I'm definitely starting to get cold feet!

I was nervous before I made my decision to go forward with my surgery date. The more I read on these boards the easier I think it will be for me. My date is Nov 19 and I am soooo excited. Remember the reasons wy you made the decision and keep focused and what good you will have from the surgery.

hi i am being sleeved by dr aceves on november 23! No turkey for me this year. Anyone else a november sleever?

november 3rd for me!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!