Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well, no wonder!

No wonder I am the only one in this category, turns out I am the oldest sleeve patient - period!

Also set a new record! My sleeve only took Dr. Almanza 35 minutes from start to finish!

Everything went so smoothly, no bleeding, no problems whatsoever!

I am feeling truly blessed!

Just got home to Canada today, had a nap and now feel raring to go!

So will check in on the other forums and see what I missed!

Just got home to Canada today, had a nap and now feel raring to go!...

So glad you are home and doing well. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. carol

Wow, I am amazed at how well you are doing and how quickly you have bounced back from surgery. Way to go!

I just discovered your comments. I'm also 71 and scheduled for surgery on the 17th (I hope). They just let me know today that I would need to get a cardiac clearance. I thought all of the requirements had been met, but this office has a committee that evaluates all of the patients.

it's very unnerving when you're trying to be calm. I also need both knees replaced and the dr's won't operate if I don't loose the weight.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in this predicament.

I was self pay so only had to have my regular Dr's okay, and since I had just had 2 knee replacements the previous year and sailed thru them, he had no problem with saying I was fit for the surgery. Compared to the knee replacements, this is an easy surgery - so glad you are considering the sleeve, it really works well and once you are losing, & you can get rid of the too-big clothes knowing you won't ever need them again. I am amazed at how we at this age can do this and know that some of our health problems will be alleviated - I no longer have stress incontinence, or high blood pressure and am off my Lipitor for good! And I am still considered obese at 175 lbs. but I do believe we will have lengthened our life span by losing this weight! So good on you for taking this step, any questions, just ask away!

Cheers,

Donna

Thanks for the response. I just happened upon this link , I was beginning to think I was the only one over seventy to have this surgery. My primary care dr. wanted me to have gastric bypass 5 years ago, but I still wanted to try on my own. Even though I take Lipitor and my blood pressure is controlled by medicine, she felt i was a good candidate because I don't have any of the illness many have at my age.

If I had the surgery when it was 1st discussed, I wouldn't have known about the sleeve. Even though it's the best option, for me, I don't know anyone that has had the procedure. Kaiser Foundation, which is the largest HMO in California has just started do the sleeve.

I saw the cardiologist today, and I am scheduled for a treadmill exam. Other than the pre op that should finish all of my tests and hopefully the surgery will proceed as scheduled.

Thanks for the offer for information, be prepared I have a million questions. Mentally I don't see myself as over the hill and with the surgery I will have a new lease on life.

Marilyn'

California

Hey Stoongal, so good to hear from you again. You will be able to help Marilyn through this with your good upbeat advice. You know my husband brought home a 35lb bag of dog food and I could hardly budge it off the floor and that is how much weight I have lost. Amazing what the body accommodates and no surprise that your ankles, knees, joints ache.

Good luck Marilyn on your journey!

Linda

Glad to read that you are over 70 . That was my biggest concern. I am doing all the pre-op'sxams. Heart and breathing ok. I am a surviving breast and lung cancer surviver (for now anyway thank God) and I hope this surgery will help reduce knee and joint pain and also keep me cancer free.

You people are lovely. What inspirations!

No wonder I am the only one in this category' date=' turns out I am the oldest sleeve patient - period!

Also set a new record! My sleeve only took Dr. Almanza 35 minutes from start to finish!

Everything went so smoothly, no bleeding, no problems whatsoever!

I am feeling truly blessed!

Just got home to Canada today, had a nap and now feel raring to go!

So will check in on the other forums and see what I missed![/quote']

I am not far behind- 66. I has surgery in March- no problems!!

Oops. I didn't look at the OP date.

Age 72 and had sleeve surgery 4/13/15 and recovery has been smooth. I feel great and have lost 26 lbs since consultation and first weigh in.

My husband and I are both off one BP medicine, I am off Asthma meds, and Metformin for diabetes. My husband's insulin dose is cut in half. He is so thin and happy, and it is pure bliss. 70 and happy.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App