Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you think they actually remember all of their patients? It will be six months when I see them. Maybe I'll bring my goal photos. The ones I showing where I want to get to. Dr. Aceves loved them and loved the fact that I planned on getting there again. (I was 22 in them - lol )

Not me... I'm actually trying to adjust my eating patterns slowly to post-VSG patterns: no liquids at mealtime, cutting back on diet coke, eat Protein first, then veggies, then salad, then fruit - saving starch for last.

I'm enjoying wine, tho.

And - tonight I brought the treadmill up from the basement and switched it on for the first time in 8 years (it was in storage for 3 of those 8 years). It works!!

I've converted my dining room to an office/library - and the treadmill is in the corner. Need to get some silicon spray and give it some TLC, tho!

Oh, and I ordered a sampler package of Protein powders today. I need to build a database for those...

Sheri

I am with you on this I have been trying to get used to post op conditions now before my op I am due to be sleeved DEC14th (I am in London England though) so I'll keep you informed as I am before most of you.

:thumbup:Good luck to all

Elaine xx

Hi! My name is Madelyn! (Hello to Elaine!!) ... I am scheduled the same date as chillihot (December 14th) - but I'm in Dallas, Texas! I'm a newbie on this site and just starting to "read all about it"! I am so excited to have found a site with so many VSGs!! Looking forward to "meeting" everyone!

Hi Madelyn and welcome to the VST family - we are happy you have joined us - and congrats on your 12/14 surgery.

Where are you having your surgery and who is your surgeon? We look forward to following your progress and helping you with any questions you may have - just ASK away!

Hi All...

I was scheduled for VSG tomorrow.. But unfortunately, during my pre- anasthestic test yesterday, i had cold and slight fever.. so, she told me that its impossible to give anasthesia in my case as i am also asthmatic.. So, my surgery is postponed till i fully recover from my cold.. Realllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy Depressedddddd...:thumbup:(( Just wanted to pass this info to all to-be-sleevers.. Just take good care of urself and avoid getting sick..

Tnxx

Roja

Sooooo sorry Roja,

I can't imagine this happening since I will be traveling out of the country for mine. I guess I would end up poolside at the Lucerne!

Hi! My name is Madelyn! (Hello to Elaine!!) ... I am scheduled the same date as chillihot (December 14th) - but I'm in Dallas, Texas! I'm a newbie on this site and just starting to "read all about it"! I am so excited to have found a site with so many VSGs!! Looking forward to "meeting" everyone!

Hey Madelyn, welcome to VST.

We're planning a little get together in the D/FW area the last week of December. I'm originally from Texas, and will traveling from Florida to spend some time with my family and friends.

There aren't any plans set in stone, but there are several of us that plan on attending. I'm sure we'll get the details worked out in the near future. I hope you will be feeling well enough to join us.

Well they are amazing. Dr. Aceves walked into the room with the surgery patients and their companions and looked at me and said "I know you, don't I?". He remembered my photos I had brought along. He said he remembered me because of the spark I had in my eyes when I was here.

What a sweetie he is.

Dr. Campos remembered too, but that may have been because my daughter had come with me and she is hard to forget. lol

A couple of the nurses remembered me too without me having to remind them that I had been here before. They asked me first.

Sis is having a much harder time than I did. She was miserable yesterday. I kept trying to assure her that Day 2 is the worst. I don't think she believed me, but she is doing better today.

I met "ItsTime" here. She had her surgery the day after Sis did and is doing very, very well. She looks really perky.

All leak tests are done and we'll be on our way in the morning.

Edited by Rosebud2

Thanks for the updates Rosebud, glad everything went well with your sis and Its Time - we're going to have to have another meet-up after the holidays. Think we should start planning it now since the last one took us 6 months?

Madelyn...I'm also in Dallas. Where are you having your surgery? Which surgeon? I'm with Dr. Dirk Rodriguez on Dec 21st.

I haven't posted yet on the forum, just been lurking for a few weeks. This has been a great place to get info, though. Am enjoying reading everyone's stories.

Olivia

I had mine done 12-08-09. just going from mushy foods to soft foods by thrusday. everything is going fairly well. just learning how to eat slowlyyyy. that is the hardest....

weight.png

Oh yes,, knowing I am getting the operation soon and this being the holiday season, good food, fresh baked Cookies and candy everywhere.... mmmmmmmmm.... I ate French last night and Mexican tonight..I ate so much today I feel sick right now and I never want to eat again.. lol.. I always say that after over eating.... I need to get with the "new me" program. I am in Houston as well, and there are just to many great restaurants in this town...

Oh yes,, knowing I am getting the operation soon and this being the holiday season, good food, fresh baked Cookies and candy everywhere.... mmmmmmmmm.... I ate French last night and Mexican tonight..I ate so much today I feel sick right now and I never want to eat again.. lol.. I always say that after over eating.... I need to get with the "new me" program. I am in Houston as well, and there are just to many great restaurants in this town...

PLEASE be careful with your last suppers. I did that very thing and ended up causing my surgery to be canceled because my Blood Pressure shot up sky high due to all the fatty foods. I had to weight an additional month before I could have my surgery. I had to get on meds, and monitor my BP for a month before they would reschedule. PLEASE be careful.