Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other Canadians out there?

good for you Jenn, almost ready to start your new life!

It'll be here before you know it!

Let your dr take out your stitches (if any) and give you a once over.

Cheers,

Donna

Thanks Donna (Stoon Gal) - you are very lucky. I thought that I had an Iron stomach as well, but it has proved me wrong! Having a lactose issue that I hope will pass - one day a nice flatter stomach, next day - bloated to 6 months pregnant! Still have lost the weight so I don't worry about it too much but it sure makes me think about what I am going to eat - I can manage a bit of melted cheese in Soups but milk - no-no. Oh well, I still love this sleeve! I hope to meet with you for the Nov support group - can't wait!

Thanks Donna (Stoon Gal) - you are very lucky. I thought that I had an Iron stomach as well, but it has proved me wrong! Having a lactose issue that I hope will pass - one day a nice flatter stomach, next day - bloated to 6 months pregnant! Still have lost the weight so I don't worry about it too much but it sure makes me think about what I am going to eat - I can manage a bit of melted cheese in Soups but milk - no-no. Oh well, I still love this sleeve! I hope to meet with you for the Nov support group - can't wait!

Oh yes, we shall meet before long that is for sure.

Re the post op recommendations you were asking about,

I was remiss about one thing - the Protein supplementation.

Missed the page that talked about supplements for the first 3 weeks and then for after that. That is where the Protein shakes etc come in - high in Protein and super low in sugar (less than 6 grams per serving) this is where they say 50 - 70 grams protein a day, and approx 550 - 700 calories a day. So far I have been in those parameters.

Tonight I steamed some salmon, and feel overfull with 2 1/2 ozs. Bloated me right up, too. That is all I had tho...~sigh~

I was getting tired of Soup, ate the last at noon.

Cheers,

Donna:001_cool:

:001_unsure:Uh oh Mom, might have been a bit too soon for Salmon hey? Did you chew it up a million times before swallowing? Maybe you should wait another week or so before you try that again...

Susan -

Apparently becoming lactose intolerant is a side effect of the surgery -- I was slightly that way before the surgery; but since the surgery - oh man - it's bad... about the only thing I'm able to eat that I don't have problems with that involves dairy is cheese ... I don't really care all that much for milk; however it would be nice to be able to have cream soups now and again.

I don't know if this will pass with time or not - I'm 4 months out and it hasn't changed yet.:thumbup1:

Oh Vegas Angel - I was counting on this lactose intolerance to go away! I love milk - would drink it at every meal (that is, if I still drank with my meal - which I don't anymore)! I can tolerate a bit of cheese tho' so that's not too bad. I am finding that the more that I am adding to my diet, the fuller I feel through the day - a very odd feeling, one that I am not used to! Well, I will still hope that I get my lactose tolerance back - I did find some lactose-free organic cream-type Soups that were nice so it's not the end of the world - it could be much worse... Thanks for the advice.

:tongue2:

Hi Everyone, I am from Nova Scotia. Just 30 mins from Halifax. I had my consult with the Weight Loss Clinic on Oct 20 and they were very pleased with my prep for surgery. They will be recommending me to the surgeon and I should see the surgeon within the next month. They felt I should be having surgery in Dec or Jan! I am very pleased with that, I told them to "bring it on!" My bmi is 56. I know I will never have a bmi of under 30 BUT I will be happy with that, my goal is acutally 190lbs. I will never be skinny and I am ok with that.

Hi Oakley, and welcome to VST. We are so happy to have you join us. I also never expect to really be skinny again, I just want to be at a healthy weight. I truly believe with the sleeve we will all achieve this goal.

I also never expect to really be skinny again

Again?? I never have been in the first place!!! lol

Welcome Oakley, happy to have you join us and congratualtions on your WLS process - keep us posted and you might be surprised what you end up with a BMI - even if you're not "skinny"

Hello, I just found this Forum on the Sleeve Talk website and was wondering if there were any fellow Canadians out there. I am waiting for my first appointment Nov 16th in Victoria with Dr Amson. I want to have the VSG and hopefully asap. The wait is about three years, from what I've been told, and unless I can find 15,000 dollars somewhere I'll be waiting it out LoL. I'd love to here from you!:(

Hi: I seen Dr Tang (Dr Amsons associate) this past Wednesday the wait has just doubled and Dr Tangs is three years so you might want to consider OOC application if you meet the criteria. I am from BC and in 7 months (or when I have all my tests ready) thats what I am going to do. Dr Amsons waitlists are longer. I to am looking for the VSG

Hi Oakley,

Great news about your meeting and referral to see the surgeon in Halifax. Be sure to let us know how things are going. I have been referred to Dr. Ellesmere in Halifax as well, but don't anticipate hearing anything for a long, long, time......

Nancy

Hi and Happy New Year!

I'm glad to see the Canadian Corner. I think I saw one person from Saskatchewan who went to Mexico for the surgery -- thanks for sharing that.

Can anyone tell me what I should take with me to Mexico to be more comfortable? My surgery is scheduled for January 23/2010 and I'm really looking forward to it.

It will be great to chat with you.

Hi and congrats on your date for Mexico. Glad to see a note on this forum from a Canadian. Happy New Years to you as well.

I know there are some posts that list what to take. I have seen GAS X strips - a couple of boxes, and a heating pad to help with the gas. Both of those help keep people comfortable. I have also seen that in some places the room temperature can be hot or cold - so you need to plan for that as well.

Who is doing your surgery?

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Thanks much for your reply and the great suggestions. I'll be sure to pack those.

My doctor is Dr Almanza. I see he's done many successful surgeries so I think I'll be in good hands. The clinic seems to be very, very busy, so I hope I'll get enough post care attention.

How are you doing?

Cheryl