Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian, single mom's, I need to talk to you!

WOW, I just talked with the office manager at Dr. Castro's office, my surgery date is going to be moved up to this Friday!! WOW. I am so excited. Praise the Lord for his blessings!

WOW, I just talked with the office manager at Dr. Castro's office, my surgery date is going to be moved up to this Friday!! WOW. I am so excited. Praise the Lord for his blessings!

Congrats, your journey is going very fast! I am sure you will be very happy with your choice.

Thanks Shanda7182.

Did you get to have your surgery on 9/15? Did everything go well? How are you feeling and what is it like?

Hi, I researched and my insurance would NOT pay for the sleeve. Period! I was told (FINALLLY AFTER MONTHS AND MONTHS OF ENQUIRING) by one of the women at the insurance office to "ask my union leaders" what to do about it. I was stunned to say the least. I considered the WLS to be pretty private so for me to have to go and lay all my laundry on their table was VERY embarrassing. Well the laying it down was worth it I am glad to say! .................... After being told two years that no they would NOT pay for it ( my blue cross insurance) : my union man told me to switch my medical over to KAISER and THEY WOULD do it! It is a long lengthy process so beware of that first off but they did eventually do the sleeve surgery just last month and it cost me NOTHING! I even got a private room. I must say that I was out of the hospital in a little over 24 hours though. I thought I should have stayed a little bit longer. It came out all right though. Now after two years of trying to get this surgery and wondering and believing if it would be good for me, I was able to. I THAN REALIZED THAT ONCE YOU ARE IN KAISER'S NETWORK YOU ARE IN FOR EVERY SERVICE YOU MAY NEED TO BE ABLE TO "THRIVE" AS THEY ADVERTISE IT! You can even get the plastic to remove the excess skin if needed. What settled me on the surgery personally and I knew it was God's will to allow it for me was when I was showering to see my new Dr. after asking for another one. I mean I kept going to the wrong location as Kaiser has soooo many buildings and different locations, also I was so nervous not wanting to be late for this very important appointment to see the DR. I came on time but managed to come a day late! Another time I was so worked up I landed in the ER instead of the classes I was required to take for surgery. There was just so much stuff and I was so nervous! What helped me was when thru all my confusion regarding this surgery and if it was or was not God's will for me personally was when I was showering The Lord spoke to my heart. He said to me "And again I say unto you that if thy right hand offends thee cut it off" and I knew what He meant. All my life my stomach had offended me. I just couldn't control it. I was denied promotions, love, good times you name it because of my stomach. That gave me a lot of peace and that is honestly what saw me thru and gave me the courage to pursue this avenue. Hope it helps you too. God bless you. Love, Sandy

Hi there Christian ladies - the one dilema I have is the whole issue of self-control. Would God want me to have the operation - I feel like if one of the fruits of the spirit is self control I should have it and I feel like I have failed in some way - cause I lack control over food:(

ok' date=' maybe i put to much of a description on who I wanted to here from. even if you are not single or a mom, if you have crossed this path in your journey, please tell me your story.

thanks![/quote']

I have felt the same way myself however I believe that God gives people (surgeons) the knowledge to help people like us who have this problem. I don't know about you but I believe that obesity is a disease just like any other, I have tried so hard to conquer it and now I have been the opportunity to receive a tool to help me be healthy, and Gods word says that he wants us to prosper.

Thank you I am more at peace about my decision now.

Thank you I am more at peace about my decision now.

Dear Karen, I will pray for you and your decision. It was very hard for me as well to come to a decision about whether or not to have surgery but I knew there would be no other way for me to loose this weight. Currently I have gone from 236 to 204 and this is been only since May. I am I guess considered slowly loosing but it is okay. Praise God any way.I will be praying for you. Have you decided what you will do? I had the sleeve and it was a bit uncomfortable for me afterwards but I was eating the wrong kinds of foods and eating to quickly. still all in all I am glad I had the surgery and I am sure you will feel the same. God bless you. I will pray for you. Sandy

Karen I see you are having surgery on the 30th of the month. If you need any one to talk to let me know. I am at sandralira7@outlook.com. I will be praying for you. God is with you. He didn't bring you this far to let you down. He promised in Jeremiah a good future for you and you know He is only restoring you to the way He see's you. You are beautiful! God bless you.. Sandy.

Prayers please 3:34 am, pre-op in 3 hours the rest of the journey is beginning:)

I think there are so many other ways you can give. If you choose to do this for youself and cannot continue with your tithing you can up you commitment to serving. You can give more of yourself. As a Christian woman (and single mom at 41) and struggling with money, after talking with my priest he made it clear to me that tithing can come in forms othet than money. I didn't really understand this at first and had a lot of guilt. But I have done more for my family, my community and made more for my church than I would evrr have been able to give from ordinary tithing. Whatever you decide ut will be with God's blessing.

Hello guys I too am a Christian. I just started my journey compiling info but I have also asked God for his guidance. I am also scared. How did u guys overcome the fear of complications ?

Hi, I researched and my insurance would NOT pay for the sleeve. Period! I was told (FINALLLY AFTER MONTHS AND MONTHS OF ENQUIRING) by one of the women at the insurance office to "ask my union leaders" what to do about it. I was stunned to say the least. I considered the WLS to be pretty private so for me to have to go and lay all my laundry on their table was VERY embarrassing. Well the laying it down was worth it I am glad to say! .................... After being told two years that no they would NOT pay for it ( my blue cross insurance) : my union man told me to switch my medical over to KAISER and THEY WOULD do it! It is a long lengthy process so beware of that first off but they did eventually do the sleeve surgery just last month and it cost me NOTHING! I even got a private room. I must say that I was out of the hospital in a little over 24 hours though. I thought I should have stayed a little bit longer. It came out all right though. Now after two years of trying to get this surgery and wondering and believing if it would be good for me, I was able to. I THAN REALIZED THAT ONCE YOU ARE IN KAISER'S NETWORK YOU ARE IN FOR EVERY SERVICE YOU MAY NEED TO BE ABLE TO "THRIVE" AS THEY ADVERTISE IT! You can even get the plastic to remove the excess skin if needed. What settled me on the surgery personally and I knew it was God's will to allow it for me was when I was showering to see my new Dr. after asking for another one. I mean I kept going to the wrong location as Kaiser has soooo many buildings and different locations, also I was so nervous not wanting to be late for this very important appointment to see the DR. I came on time but managed to come a day late! Another time I was so worked up I landed in the ER instead of the classes I was required to take for surgery. There was just so much stuff and I was so nervous! What helped me was when thru all my confusion regarding this surgery and if it was or was not God's will for me personally was when I was showering The Lord spoke to my heart. He said to me "And again I say unto you that if thy right hand offends thee cut it off" and I knew what He meant. All my life my stomach had offended me. I just couldn't control it. I was denied promotions, love, good times you name it because of my stomach. That gave me a lot of peace and that is honestly what saw me thru and gave me the courage to pursue this avenue. Hope it helps you too. God bless you. Love, Sandy

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Your message from God, "And again I say unto you that if thy right hand offends thee cut it off" just hit me like a TON OF BRICKS!!!!! Thank You Lord for revelation!!!!! MY GOD IS AWESOME!!!!! Thank you Sandy!!! That blessed my socks off!!!

I'm 2 1/2 weeks post-op. I just wanted to know how everything is going for everyone since the original post in 2009?

BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL!!!