Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yep.... Bra's were horrible to find! And then I had to buy EXTENSIONS!! Uggggggggg!!

The first shopping trip I went on to a "regular" store was Kohl's and with a good friend I don't see very often, I was trying on a blouse and asking her opinion, and she was kinda nervous at first but she finnally told me I need to "lift" the girls.... So she ran and found me a bra and I couldn't believe it fit... AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE !

The "girls" are definitly leaving me.... but I'm OK with that!!!!:thumbup:

Wow, I was just reading your quote, your doing wonderful, lost a lot of weight......... How long has it been for you with the sleeve? What was the hardest thing you found after the surgery? I 'm three month out each month gets a little easier for me.:tongue_smilie:

Hi Ladylee....

I'm 7 months out now... and it's getting alot easier... almost tooo much-I wanna "cheat" more and more. NOT a good thing. In the beginning food was awful, I vomited or "slimmed" for the first 3 months or almost 4.

I still have issues with vomiting if I eat too fast- thats an old bad habit that I am working on breaking. ( eating too fast)

But I'm really PLEASED/HAPPY with my sleeve... I've lost 142 lbs. in 6 months.... I"M HAPPY!!!! I still have 50 pounds to go to make "goal" and it is getting harder.

G'luck to you!!!

Hey, I just realized a couple NSV! My CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) seems to have disappeared along with the depression. I was going through my old journal, and I was amazed how this has all slipped away. Who would have believed it! It might be that I no longer eat refined carbs (flour/sugar) and am following a healthy regime now. It's like a 180* turn around. I thinks it true, we actually are becoming new people. Maybe that is why others may feel insecure about our weight loss. We are changing to be better version ourselves. Praise be!

Hi Ladylee....

I'm 7 months out now... and it's getting alot easier... almost tooo much-I wanna "cheat" more and more. NOT a good thing. In the beginning food was awful, I vomited or "slimmed" for the first 3 months or almost 4.

I still have issues with vomiting if I eat too fast- thats an old bad habit that I am working on breaking. ( eating too fast)

But I'm really PLEASED/HAPPY with my sleeve... I've lost 142 lbs. in 6 months.... I"M HAPPY!!!! I still have 50 pounds to go to make "goal" and it is getting harder.

G'luck to you!!!

Hi Chancie,

Thanks for your input, its been hard and I wanted to see what it is like more than three month out, sound like your doing wonderful! You weight loss is great! How much weight have you been lossing per month? What kind of food do you eat. I eat to fast also, I try chewig until I reach the number 30 in my head and try putting my frok down before my next bite but its hard to do. Did you have your band long before the sleeve? My doctors think I can loss about 60 to 80 pounds with my sleeve, I want to loss about 50 more pounds. Thanks for your help!!!!:biggrin0:

Oh Gosh Chancie, thanks to you, I went shopping for a pair of Jeans at Dress Barn, cause they have plus sized that look fasionable. And, my old jeans were fallling off me and looked down right ratty...well, lo and behold, I squeezed into a 14W! Yeah, they are stretch to fit and pretty snug, but they zip up and look much better. Then I tried on a 1x top and it was a little big! So, I snuck over to the misses reg sized and grabbed one in XL. The sales lady asked if she could help me, and I made up an excuse I was buying a gift for my sister. As if I still feel like a 2nd class citizen who doesn't belong in "their" side of the store. Gosh, I tried it on, it at little too tight, but I bought it, because I know with the sleeve, it will fit eventually.

Okay, another NSV. My ex & I still have a Macy's card together. I am charging a bunch of size 2. And, they letting him get the bill.hahahah. I may not be there yet, but I will. I think living well is the best revenge. Don't let those demons get you. I have them also. Dr. C told he wants my goal to be 125 and I guess I got scared look on my face. He said, "what's the matter, don't you want to weigh 125 Stephanie?"...it reminded me of how vulnerable I feel at that weight. But you know what, we are strong adult women now. Don't let them win.

Hope-

Thats WONDERFUL about your CFS- I too keep a journal- and I have been on Effexsor but last year at this time- it sure wasn't working... I cried at the drop of a dime... now... as I read back some posts I made... I didn't cry..... but realized I am getting better...

And for your shopping........ CONGRATS to you!!!! Quick story... It had been YEARS since I shopped in a reg. strore, so my first shopping trip I was just wandering around and found some things I liked... not sure of sizes etc... I ended up in the JOUIORS .. and of course the large didn't fit!! LMAO........ took me a while to figure out the sizes....

Lady lee.....

I never had the band, my only WLS has been the VSG. And I am doing great with it. In the beginning I was losing 7-10 pounds a week, but you have to understand... I started out weighing 373 pounds at my heaviest.

The avg. has been about 2-3 pounds a wk. But it has slowed this past month with my "cheating"

I can eat just about anything now, but I don't care for beef and my doc doesn't want us to eat that until about a year out. But I have. Just don't care for it now.

I usually eat talipia or salmon and of course alot of chicken. I search for recipes on the web... but with just me to cook for, I just makes simple meals, and cook my talipia on my George Foreman grill... it only takes a few minutes, and then I have a veg with it. I also have turkey cutlets that I love!!!

I take tuna for lunch, or have a yogourt.. leftovers from the nite before.. you get the pic?

It will continue to get easier...... feel free to message me if you got any questions..I am still learning as well....

The most awesome and emotional NSV Shout Out. Tonight I was able to fit my grandmother's wedding ring on my finger for the first time since she gave it to me just before she passed away. That was over 4 years ago. It was unable to be up-sized, so it just sat in my safe deposit box. I figured some day I would give it to my daughter. I was at the box today for something totally unrelated and figured, why not try it? It slid right on! I cried for joy! It's beautiful. I don't think I'll ever take it off. Of course, it's on my right hand, not to be confused with an actual wedding ring. :-)

I was able to buckle the seatbelt without an extender yesterday on my flight to San Diego! Have lost 17 lbs on pre surg diet!

By this evening I will have crossed the line into sleevedom!

"for the first time in 3.5 years, I literally fell asleep in my love's arms."

Tiff, that brings tears to my eyes, it such a sweet, sweet NSV. The best I've ever heard. Nothing trivial about it, just the opposite.

The journey you have been on is so remarkable. You should write a book; I am sure it would be successful.

Soak up the love, Tiff...and enjoy! And thanks for sharing your personal journey.

Speaking of Tiffy - has anyone heard from her lately? I figured it's about time she came up for air, if only for a second. :001_tt1:

Speaking of Tiffy - has anyone heard from her lately? I figured it's about time she came up for air, if only for a second. :001_tt1:

LOL - she's been around off and on -- mostly when John has to report for duty -- but I think starting today he is off for 2 weeks, so we may not see/hear much from her in the next two weeks. If she posts anything on Facebook, I'll be sure and let everyone know.