Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think we should have a review section so new people can look at it and see what people like. Everyone's taste is different but maybe it can help.

People also said their taste changed after surgery, but mine didn't.

I love Muscle Milk Light in chocolate but WasA hates it. She thinks it's too sweet. I think it tastes the most like regular ol choclate milk, not like a Protein Drink.< /p>

We both really like whey Gourmet Peanut Butter and chocolate.

I am disappointed in Lean Dessert Chocolate Coconut. It doesn't really seem to have a lot of flavor.

The EAS strawberry flavor is good. You get that at Target.

Edited by Oregondaisy

I am one of the ones whose tastes did change: and I think it's here to stay because I am now past three months post op. Plain Water is boring, I can only drink it if it is super cold.

One trick I have found that works for me is to cut my juice with water; like 1/4th juice with 3/4th water. That way I can get some flavor and get my water in at the same time.

Juice, Vitamin water etc, are all too sweet by themselves, so this works for me.

I think we should have a review section so new people can look at it and see what people like. Everyone's taste is different but maybe it can help.

GREAT IDEA!!

People also said their taste changed after surgery, but mine didn't.

I love Muscle Milk Light in chocolate but WasA hates it. She thinks it's too sweet. I think it tastes the most like regular ol choclate milk, not like a Protein drink.

I am anxious to try that -- is that in the full liquid stage? I get to start that on Tuesday

We both really like whey Gourmet Peanut Butter and chocolate.< /p>

Not sure I can do this one - does it taste anything like Peanut Butter fudge? I can't do that as I OD on that one year when I was a girl scout and the thought makes me sick!

I am disappointed in Lean Dessert Chocolate Coconut. It doesn't really seem to have a lot of flavor.

Wonder if you added some sugar free Syrup to it if it would help - they make both chocolate and coconut, among a zillion others. Do you have a Smart & Final in Oregon? They carry an amazing selection.

The EAS strawberry flavor is good. You get that at Target.

The French vanilla is good too!

If I find anything I just LOVE .. I'll be sure to let everyone know ... so far, no go though.

I got the muscle milk light at costco. You can buy case of it for around $20. They also make it in a powder. I have never tried that. I have seen the powder at GNC though. It's full liquid.< /p>

The gourmet Whey is very smooth. Neither the Peanut Butter flavor or the chocolate flavor are over bearing. It's not too sweet.

That's a good idea. I know where to get the sf syrups here. I never thought about adding more coconut or more chocolate. I have raspberry which WasA suggested I add to chocolate and it's good that way. I have a ton of Protein powders left over, but I don't mind because I don't like to cook or do dishes so I am happy with Protein drinks for Breakfast and dinner.

This is my mixture:

Muscle Milk vanilla Creme Powder 2 scoops

3 spoon fulls of plain yogurt

some kind of fruit

6 oz of milk

and wala, it even keeps its consistency in the fridge

changing the fruit changes the flavor.:)

Edited by ahchancey

This is my mixture:

Muscle Milk Vanilla Creme Powder 2 scoops

3 spoon fulls of plain yogurt

some kind of fruit

6 oz of fruit

and wala, it even keeps its consistency in the fridge

changing the fruit changes the flavor.:)

Sounds yummy ... I'll give it a try when I'm on full liquids ... I have the EAS Vanilla and it's great in smoothies and such ... not so good on it's own though.

That's why it would be nice if people would tell us if they found a good one. It seems like Mac didn't like most but finally found one she did like.

LBT has a section for the post op phases but we don't seem to have anything here like that, other than the food section.

I need to ask Mac which one she found to be okay.

I ordered a bunch of samples of the Syntrax nectar from Vitalady.com (Thanks Mac). I need something that I can mix in Water. I won't drink milk, it's not a lactose thing, it's milk/ice cream/shakes/malts etc etc are all way too heavy for me even when I was not banded, I can't imagine trying to consume thick stuff now. I've never liked the "heaviness/thickness" of milk. Something happened to my liking for milk/ice cream when I got pregnant.

I'll post reviews of each flavor since this will be the first time I've tried this brand. I'm hoping it works out since the 15 others I've tried failed miserably. My samples should be here early next week, and I should be able to mix them with Water and have them count as clears.

I ordered a bunch of samples of the Syntrax nectar from vitalady.com (Thanks Mac). I need something that I can mix in Water. I won't drink milk, it's not a lactose thing, it's milk/ice cream/shakes/malts etc etc are all way too heavy for me even when I was not banded, I can't imagine trying to consume thick stuff now. I've never liked the "heaviness/thickness" of milk. Something happened to my liking for milk/ice cream when I got pregnant.

I'll post reviews of each flavor since this will be the first time I've tried this brand. I'm hoping it works out since the 15 others I've tried failed miserably. My samples should be here early next week, and I should be able to mix them with Water and have them count as clears.

I haven't found anything I like yet at all. The powder stuff is okay - tolerable - almost too sweet though - can't do much of it at a time. I'm going to order some of the Syntrax Nectar... however, I may wait and see which ones you like before I do. At this point, I figure whatever Protein I get in is better than nothing.

I believe that this is the one that Mac liked in the flavor called cherry smash.

I found that I really like the Body Fortress from Walmart. Theres chocolate and vanilla. I mix it with milk and it tastes just like chocolate milk to me. Its packed with Protein, super low in carbs, altho with the milk, it adds some, but can be mixed with Water...it just tastes better with milk. It also costs alot less than some powders.

I also liked a few of the nectar Proteins

Its been so long since Ive used any of them, I cant remember.

I used to use the Bullets, but cant say that I really liked them...but they did give me the boost that I needed for the day.

Protein is so individual. Lots of stuff that the majority love, I can't stand. :thumbup:

Some stuff that lots of people like:

Syntrax nectar (I liked it at first and am going to try it again)

Oh Yeah! RTD

EAS RTD

Atkins RTD

Lean Dessert (I thought it tasted like garbage)

I can't do *any* of the RTD ones. I think it's a texture thing. I did Champion Nutrition for a while, but I never really loved them and now I can't do theirs. I tried soy Protein powders and an egg Protein powder too. Couldn't stand them. But some people can't deal with 100% whey and find those to be excellent.

My favorite is Chike. It has mostly natural sweeteners (but some sucralose) and claims to be gluten free. I think it has some soy in it but it's mostly whey. Sometimes I think it has a weird after-taste, but most of the time I don't taste that. (And it might be from the Davinci/Torani syrups I sometimes add.)

With the others, the after-taste would start out acceptable, but there, and then, over time, I'd notice it more and more! I think I'm just very tuned into artificial flavors and a lot of these shakes are full of additives.

I found that the Whey Necter, Fuzy Navel was supposed to be good. Well it has a medicine after taste Gross!!!! so I added one fruit punch Protein bullet to it and is is now drinkable. Not the best but barely drinkable.

just my 2 cents worth...

I know this isn't a Protein post, but I thought I would share my wonderful find today.

Pre-op, I bought Celestial flavor tea sample pack. It's decaffeinated. I decided to venture out and try something warm today.

The country peach flavor is wonderful. I didn't sweeten it with anything, and I have found that the warm liquid is going down much easier than room temperature/cool stuff.

I have sensitive teeth so I don't like super cold drinks.

Tomorrow, I'll try the other flavors and let y'all know what I think of them. The only flavor I won't try is the cherry. I can't stand cherry/grape flavored things.

My Protein samples still aren't here, but as soon as they are, I'll update with those reviews.